What is expected in a romantic, teenage relationship?

leeluvssquids

leeluvssquids

I’m not sure if I’m into people romantically, but one thing I often wonder is that if, I were to date someone, what would be expected of a 15 year old girl. Like that’s obviously pretty young, and I’m not like into dating right now anyway. It doesn’t sound bad but I don’t really crave it. But when I try to imagine myself dating anyone, it sounds a lot like a best friend. At least the bits I’d like. So what do teenagers really want when they’re dating someone? Kisses? Hand holding? It all sounds silly when typing it out, but I’m just curious.

Well, you cant really use a generalization on this, as it so much depends on the both of you. My advice is, that if you are feeling a bit awkward about kissing or holding hands and such, then dont. But know, that to most people this a clear sign about liking the other person. Therefore it is even more important to find a way to say or show that, in order for the message to come across. ...and it is always, at any time, with anybody okay to say “no, i am not comfortable with this”

• Like 2

It varies a LOT.  Really the best advice is to limit yourself to things you feel  comfortable doing, and not let yourself be pressured. 

Many people don't date at all until they are 18.  Others are having sex regularly at 15. 

Depends on the people involved, no one is the same. The key is to communicate with each other about where you're at in terms of comfort level (important in any relationship between people of any age). Personally, I didn't kiss anyone until I was 18 and I most definitely was not ready to be having sex at that age. That didn't happen until I was 24 (and I really don't know how "ready" I was even then... but that's hard to tell since I hadn't really figured out my orientation). My best friend started having sex at 14 and seemed fine with it.

Depends on who you date. I had sex at 15 and I was OK with it. Others wait til older. Some make out, some only do pecks. Some hold hands, some dont. Just dont do anything you arent comfortable doing