cigarette smoker or non-smoker

iff

Cigarette smoker or non=smoker  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a smoker?

• Yes
    • No
    • other
  2. 2. If you answered that you are (or other), have you tried quiting in the last 2 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Non-smoker

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/2/2018 at 4:35 PM, Cheshire-Cat said:

Should have an ex-smoker option. I did for a few years. Stress plus everyone I worked with did (and you got more breaks). 

pretty much this. used to. got more breaks that way and I was able to not be around people. Then I just stopped. Most cravings have gone away. I know a ton of smokers. I also know several who quit.

Fluffy Femme Guy

I very infrequently indulge in tobacco smoking. It's nice every once in awhile, but I would never make a habit out of it.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Non-smoker ever since. The day you should ever see me taking a drag should be day the world's coming to an end (which might be the case sooner than later anyway).

RoseGoesToYale

I've smoked, but never tobacco

Former smoker,  From age 15 to 48.  Been quit for seven years.  I still like how it smells but I'm never going back.

Once upon a time, we were a tolerant society that accomodated  smokers.  I even smoked on an airplane.  Non-smokers graciously allowed us to smoke in their homes.  People smoked on live TV.  It didn't matter what age you were to buy tobacco.  Smoking was cool.   Those were the days.  Too bad it kills or disables you if you maintain a lifetime habit.  

I smoked on my first flight. It was banned soon after.

I also remember, as a very young child, my mother's husband giving me a dollar to go buy him 2 packs of cigarettes, and buying myself several pieces of candy with the change.

I started smoking  - very infrequently - in my early twenties, then quit it, then started again last year. But I can easily go weeks or even months without touching a cigarette, the same goes for alcohol. I drink very moderately, never craved it, I'm too cautious because I hate the thought of getting drunk.

It's kind of strange that I didn't get addicted to either smoking or drinking, because I'm prone to developing addictions. But I'm grateful, of course.

I do not smoke and I do not intend on ever doing so.

The idea and smell disgusts me. 

I smoke sausages. I actually don't, but it would be cool if I did so that I'd be able to say that honestly and hand people some freshly smoked sausage.

8 hours ago, Duke Memphis said:

I smoke sausages.

Do you roll them in cigarette papers or just use an extra large pipe?

I don't smoke and never tried. After seeing what it does to your lungs after years + hearing how addictive it is made me never want to try.

Back to Avalon

I smoked a little in college, maybe a pack a week my freshman year when I had a roommate who smoked, and then less later on when I lived in a single room. I think I started to dislike having the smell in my room because some of the books I took home after freshman year acquired a smell that lingered for years. I moved home after my third year, and because my parents disapproved of my smoking (and it's nearly impossible to hide), I stopped almost entirely. I remember having a cigarette at a friend's place and then having one at home some time later, and that's the last one I remember. I threw the rest of them out years ago.

I kept having cigarette dreams at one point in life, even though I've never smoked one in my life. I wonder if its partly due to reading Children of the Lamp. I ate so much spicy food after reading that. Not sure such an alluring description of smoking belongs in a children's book series. 😵

On 11/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, CBC said:

I'll be honest here, I've struggled with much more harmful behaviours

Yeah, I hate it with a passion, but there really are worse things out there!

• 1 year later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived