"Demisexuality" and Misunderstanding Sexual Attraction

Kayze

3 minutes ago, Sally said:

Kayze, not everyone feels that there is a middle between sexual and asexual.  

Well, then they'd be wrong. I mean, not everyone thinks asexuality actually exists, and they're wrong too.

54 minutes ago, Sally said:

I don't know whether you're  joking or not, Ficto;, but as I've said on AVEN for longer than you've been here, I was aesthetically attracted to him. 

As far as a good definition of asexuality to get around the painfully inexact "not sexually attracted to anyone":   Asexuals don't want to have sex with any other persons.  

I was joking because it was suggested before that it's the ability to find other people attractive in some way that makes someone sexual, not the desire to actually have sex with others 😛

1 minute ago, FictoCannibal. said:

One is either asexual or they aren't. There isn't a middle ground.

Except gray-asexuality exists. So...

Flobbalobbasexuality now exists because I just made up a word for it.

See how that works?

3 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Flobbalobbasexuality now exists because I just made up a word for it.

See how that works?

Except gray-asexuality isn't made up and has an actual meaning. But I see you're doing your hardest to be constructive.

Some people on AVEN have heard the word, but I doubt you'll get a consensus about what it means from them.

This is not the same as it having an actual meaning.

Also, if you want to criticise rhetorical style, probably best not conclude your points by sounding like David Brent.

2 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

Some people on AVEN have heard the word, but I doubt you'll get a consensus about what it means from them.

This is not the same as it having an actual meaning.

Hmmmm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_asexuality
http://wiki.asexuality.org/Gray-A/Grey-A

Seems there's an actual existence and community. Huh.

No there's a wiki entry.

If you can find me three uses of the term that don't refer back to AVEN or Tumblr, I might start to accept the term exists independently outside  those places.

4 minutes ago, Telecaster68 said:

No there's a wiki entry.

If you can find me three uses of the term that don't refer back to AVEN or Tumblr, I might start to accept the term exists independently outside  those places.

The wikipedia article has citations, you're using the very site that has the other wiki article, and you're posting in "The Gray Area, Sex and Related Discussions" with the description "Asexuality and sexuality are not black and white concepts; come here to discover and discuss the grey area in between, demisexuality, and all things related to sexuality and sexual identities!"

But I guess your denial of these existing doesn't exist either now. I mean, this forum doesn't exist, right?

Locking this pending admod review 

Skycaptain moderator TGA 

Archived