Oes unrhyw un yn siarad Cymraeg?

blacktea

Hi, I just started learning Welsh, and I was wondering if there were any other Welsh students, or fluent speakers.  

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I know Irish, so I did notice it was near that area of language. Good job by the way ^_^ 

Blimey, haven't really spoken Welsh since I did the GCSE (which tells you all you need to know about how much Welsh I ever knew). But:

Helo. Blaiddmelyn ydw i. Sut wyt ti?

And my go-to phrase because I had to memorise it for my oral exam and could never pronounce the last word correctly:

Dylai cymryd cyfuriau meddal fel canabis fod yn anghyfraithlon?

On 11/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, Blaiddmelyn said:

Helo. Blaiddmelyn ydw i. Sut wyt ti? 

Google translate just "translated" the second sentence to "I'm sorry". That doesn't even remotely sound like "yellow wolf".

51 minutes ago, Homer said:

Google translate just "translated" the second sentence to "I'm sorry". That doesn't even remotely sound like "yellow wolf".

Hahaha, so it does.

Try putting a space between "Blaidd" and "Melyn" ;)

SithAzathoth WinterDragon

I would not use Google translate, it does not do well with translating Gaelic or Swedish, a friend of mine discovered that one day.

17 hours ago, Shieldmaiden WinterDragon said:

I would not use Google translate, it does not do well with translating Gaelic or Swedish, a friend of mine discovered that one day.

I only use it to get a general glimpse of the tone of an article or to have a laugh :D

I speak a little Polish.

Czecz! 

And i'm not sure I even spelled that properly :P 

Noswaith dda. I just know various words in Welsh. I'd love to learn properly but shift work is not useful in getting to classes! It's surprising how much I can get a general understanding of though as listening to a conversation yesterday I had a pretty good idea what they were saying, Though the Wenglish sneaking in helped!

Archived