Help me!

SierraMist930

SierraMist930

I made sure my boyfriend knew i didn´t want sex or anything like that. Yet he still asks me if i want to, and when i say ¨No¨, he pushes me. He deliberatly tries to get me to say yes. Should I keep giving him chances or is it the time to break up? 

Does he know that you're Asexual? As in, have you used the word Asexual, and does he understand what it means?

MargauxTheArtist5

Break up with this guy. If he's disregarding your boundaries, you don't need him. My ex kept doing similar things, but with romantic actions. He claimed to be asexual, but I still don't believe him. Anyways, just break up with your boyfriend. If you do so, you will feel a lot happier. Oh, and I recommend completely cutting him out of your life, too, if he tries to force you back into the relationship. Being forced into a relationship is never a good thing, especially if you don't want that relationship.

SierraMist930
1 minute ago, MichaelTannock said:

Does he know that you're Asexual? As in, have you used the word Asexual, and does he understand what it means?

I told him when he first asked me, ¨No, I´m an asexual. I´m kinda repulsed by the idea of having sex.¨ Yet he still asks. Ugh.

SierraMist930
2 minutes ago, MargauxTheArtist5 said:

Break up with this guy. If he's disregarding your boundaries, you don't need him. My ex kept doing similar things, but with romantic actions. He claimed to be asexual, but I still don't believe him. Anyways, just break up with your boyfriend. If you do so, you will feel a lot happier. Oh, and I recommend completely cutting him out of your life, too, if he tries to force you back into the relationship. Being forced into a relationship is never a good thing, especially if you don't want that relationship.

Thanks for the help!
~MC

4 minutes ago, SierraMist930 said:

I told him when he first asked me, ¨No, I´m an asexual. I´m kinda repulsed by the idea of having sex.¨ Yet he still asks. Ugh.

Then I agree with @MargauxTheArtist5

If you hadn't said that you're Asexual and explained your feeling about sex, then I'd have said the problem was a lack of information, but as that's not the case, I'd say the problem is him.

Ditch him.  If he doesn't respect your boundaries regarding sex, what else would he push you on?

It's about respecting boundaries. If he doesn't respect your boundaries or you his, then the relationship won't work.

I think that you should make like a tree and leave this guy. This sounds like a very uncomfortable situation. His blatant disregard of your boundaries is concerning; this is not a healthy relationship.

Anthracite_Impreza

Get rid, he's not respecting you at all.

questioningmyself

I agree with the other members. While I have never been in a relationship, I do understand that respecting someone's boundary is the foundation for a relationship. As long as he is aware that you are sex-repulsed and ace, he shouldn't be pushing to have more. As I once heard someone state - sex isn't like food. We don't need it to survive. If you love someone sex isn't the end of the world and there are alternatives. . . Please respect yourself and find someone else who understands that you are ace and is willing to respect yourself as a person. 

Honestly, even where both parties are sexual, someone who repeatedly pushes for something their partner has clearly identified as off-limits is a problem.

On 10/27/2018 at 5:40 PM, SierraMist930 said:

I made sure my boyfriend knew i didn´t want sex or anything like that. Yet he still asks me if i want to, and when i say ¨No¨, he pushes me. He deliberatly tries to get me to say yes. Should I keep giving him chances or is it the time to break up? 

Break up now before the sunk cost fallacy starts complicating things further.

Archived