Sexual to Asexual

letusdeleteouraccounts

letusdeleteouraccounts

I have a scenario I want to discuss. The scenario is a sexual/allosexual (whatever term you use) suddenly in their life stops feeling sexual attraction to people for no apparent reason. How do you think this person would be considered? Asexual who’s a former sexual? Gray ace? Something else? I’m not exactly sure if this actually happens to people but I’m really curious to what this person would be viewed as and if you guys know actual people who’ve been through this situation. My main point of thoughts were whether people thought of asexual as something that’s current or as a person who’s never in their life experienced sexual attraction. Also whether the gray ace umbrella includes people who used to commonly feel sexual attraction but now not so much

• Like 1
SithAzathoth WinterDragon

There is a lady who used to enjoy intimacy to the point she would want sex from her husband 5 times a day, whether or not he wanted as much he still did it to please her. At some point she just got tired of it and has no interest of it anymore, she does not consider herself asexual though, her husband supports her in not wanting to be sexual anymore as well.

How people live their lives will change overtime and that's just how things happen and we all go through changes. 

I've never met anyone like this, but I have heard about people like this. I honestly do not have any idea where to "fit" them if you know what I mean, if I knew them I'd see them just as a normal person who is going through changes and it's ok. 

I think it depends on how the person wants to identify currently. Just like an asexual can become sexual, a sexual could also become asexual. Or, like the person referenced in the above post, they can just consider it a lessened libido or desire, without saying that they lost the base attraction. Ultimately, it's just about whether the ex-sexually-active-person considers it to be their identity that changed or just their actions. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Star Lion said:

I have a scenario I want to discuss. The scenario is a sexual/allosexual (whatever term you use) suddenly in their life stops feeling sexual attraction to people for no apparent reason. How do you think this person would be considered? Asexual who’s a former sexual? Gray ace? Something else? I’m not exactly sure if this actually happens to people but I’m really curious to what this person would be viewed as and if you guys know actual people who’ve been through this situation. My main point of thoughts were whether people thought of asexual as something that’s current or as a person who’s never in their life experienced sexual attraction. Also whether the gray ace umbrella includes people who used to commonly feel sexual attraction but now not so much

The thing is,being a sexual person doesn't mean you experience sexual attraction and/or want to bang 24/7 - even nymphomaniacs don't feel that way all the time.

There are plenty of sexual people who only desire sex when in a relationship but can go for a long time without it when single, or those who only want sex under very specific circumstances, or those who wanted a lot as a teen but don't want to much anymore (and vice versa too!). This is all just a normal part of being sexual and doesn't mean one is fluctuating between being sexual and being ace.

I haven't physically had sex in 7 years now, and only actively wanted it with someone for about 6 months during that time (which is when I realized I wasn't ace, even though he was on the other side of the world so we couldn't physically be together). Just because I haven't actively wanted sex in ages now (ie I haven't been attracted to someone in a way that makes me want sex with them) doesn't mean I'm suddenly ace and not sexual. It just means I'm a sexual person who doesn't currently want sex. Every sexual person alive goes through this at some point or another for varying lengths of time and for varying reasons. That's normal and it doesn't make them any kind of ace. :)