Anime or Manga?

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

I usually prefer manga because I like to read, and it's just easier for me to process what's going on .3.

What do you guys prefer?

both, but lately I've had more time to read manga than watch anime. Although, if it's a more action based manga, then it would probably be more enjoyable animated. 

I would have to flip a coin to answer this question. Until I joined AVEN I actually didn't even know that there was a difference between anime and manga. Now I consider it essential knowledge for those involved in aro/ace community organizing.

RoseGoesToYale

Manga for me as well. It's easier to go back and reread things. Plus, I like the drawings more, they're more detailed.

AmorphousBlob

Depends on whether I want nice pictures or nice sound.

Both for me too. I’ve been reading the Attack on Titan manga because I don’t wanna wait til the next season to find out what happens. 

1 hour ago, GhostGoesToWail said:

Manga for me as well. It's easier to go back and reread things. Plus, I like the drawings more, they're more detailed.

My thoughts exactly, especially for when I don't want to watch subtitled Anime(or especially when I don't have time or the energy to do so.)

I prefer reading manga, although I don't read as much of it now as I used to.  There are a few series I still really enjoy, though.

Just like other people said I think both have their qualities, but I think I have a soft spot for anime because of my passion for animation 

Anime or manga? 

Why must I choose? *starts pulling hair out

They both have so many good points (except for the English dubbing; yikes!), that it's hard to choose...  

Hmm, I do love reading, so I guess that I would go with manga. It's great for reading on the bus! :D 

AmorphousBlob
2 minutes ago, Vampyre Dani said:

(except for the English dubbing; yikes!)

Yeah, I always preferred sub

There's a few dubs that are pretty good actually like Fullmetal Alchemist and some Studio GHIBLI movies.

I like both anime and manga but if I had to pick I'd pick anime. I'm a sucker for music! It can add so much to a story. But manga is wonderful to. I just wish there were manga cafes here in America so it was easier to read them...☹️

So far I have read manga such as: Neko ramen, tactics, .hack. 

And anime like: Sailor moon, death note, seven of seven, nichijou, full metal alchemist and full metal alchemist brotherhood.

Then webcomics: I'm pretty sure most of you have heard already.

And one visual novel called Lucky penny.

At this point, probably manga. I haven't been watching much anime lately, as I don't really feel like it, but I still want to read manga. It's strange.

Fluffy Femme Guy

Anime. It engages more of my senses. I'm a big music lover too.

Manga, all the way. I've read far more manga than I've seen anime. That's not to say I don't like anime, I have a few anime films that I would probably place in my top 10 favorite films list, no doubt. Saying that, I prefer manga far more, because I like filling in certain gaps (such as character voices and little mannerisms) myself. Plus I like gawking over individual drawn panels that I can take my time with.

I love music, like Fluffy Femme stated above, but that's why I have head phones. My iPod and manga tend to work in tandem.

I personally read manga a lot more often as it’s a lot more accessible for me. But then I also love anime! Can anyone recommend any good manga as I’m stuck on what to read next? I’m currently into time travel manga, romcom and I’m also a big fan of demon/exorcist based manga! Any ideas? 

Both... but no ecchi

11 minutes ago, Noko42 said:

Definitely both just no dubbed anime 😹

Yes! No dubbed anime!!!

Why not both! Well, it depends on which one we're talking about, like Tokyo Ghoul manga is a million times better than the anime, but I liked anime Attack on Titan better than the manga

4 hours ago, OtakuAce2004 said:

I personally read manga a lot more often as it’s a lot more accessible for me. But then I also love anime! Can anyone recommend any good manga as I’m stuck on what to read next? I’m currently into time travel manga, romcom and I’m also a big fan of demon/exorcist based manga! Any ideas? 

time travel manga.. have you read erased? (or watched the anime?) 

I have always been a manga person. Unless the manga is action-oriented, I don't really watch anime. 

words are futile devices

I've never read any manga.... well I take that back. There has been one (Spirit Circle). So by default I gotta go with anime. Really want/need to start reading manga, though. Any suggestions on what to read first? 😁

15 hours ago, Three said:

time travel manga.. have you read erased? (or watched the anime?) 

I’ve not read that yet. Sounds good though, I’ll check it out!

Both! when I want to learn about hearing English, I watch anime with English dub.

I like both, but I generally prefer to read manga. I get more out of the story and can follow things easier by reading and looking at the panels in manga. Although when I do watch anime, I prefer subbed because I watch TV with subtitles anyway, again so I can follow things easier by reading. People always think it's weird that I watch shows with subtitles, though... not that I generally put much stock in what other people think.

Archived