Asexual rings

Coily the Spring Sprite

Coily the Spring Sprite

Just curious.  A lot of the more asexual groups  and posts here tend to skew towards the younger members of the community. I have been thinking about getting a black ring for my middle finger that is often used to signify asexuals. Wondering if many older aces do this or if it's more common among the younger set. Just curious.  

I have one that I wear sometimes. I'm not much of a jewelry person so I don't wear it every day, but I like to wear it when I go out socially. It's kind of quiet advertising. 

I’ve worn my ring every day since I got mine. According to you I’m in the younger group but I predict that even in 20 years, I’ll still wear my ring. 

I'm 46 and wear one. I know of Aces older than me who do so 

I'm 36 and I'd wear one if I found one that I really liked. Rings are the only jewelry that I wear.

I really want to buy one but I can't find one I like. I like very subtle things so I wanted a really thin simple one (like 1mm)... Any suggestions?

32 minutes ago, AllyK said:

I really want to buy one but I can't find one I like. I like very subtle things so I wanted a really thin simple one (like 1mm)... Any suggestions?

I bought one made with seed beads and a couple of larger beads. It's very thin, plus a little stretchy. I'm not a big fan of rings, so it was important it not be too big or constrictive. 

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

58 here, mine used to be a tungsten carbide one but then I lost weight and it got too large. Then I saw a Lalique glass ring in a local jewellers. It's the only item of jewellery I wear.

• 2 weeks later...
Blue Phoenix Ace

I am 40 and a ring bearer. :)

I wore this ring for about two and a half years. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWOMX92/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's 8 mm thick, but I think you can get a 6mm version. I thought it was a great ring, but then I saw an ad for this about a month ago and I just had to have it.

https://www.embr.com/products/black-tungsten-ring-purple?variant=837484642329

BTPURPLE-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509342960

Do NOT pay full price there. They have sales constantly, so just hold out for one. It's a little lighter than the King Will and the purple band inside is super cool. :) I've had some people notice it, but nobody has told me they knew what it meant.

I'm 47 and have been wearing one for a few months now but I haven't meet any other Ace's in real life yet who do. I like wearing it because it reminds me that I'm not the only Ace in the world when I'm feeling alone and isolated. 

Coily the Spring Sprite

I've ordered one and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I am way more anxious to get it than I expected to be. 

I used to wear one after i learned i was asexual (at 21) but i stopped using one (at 23) for various reasons.

1. They started to fade in color really fast (from black to gray) and i hated that i had to buy a new one very often. (I dont know i probably didnt get the right material)

2. Nobody knew what the ring meant (unfortunately there are no other aces near me) and some allo people started copying me and using a black ring too and didnt care when i told them that a black ring in the middle finger was for aces. (plus i hated outing myself just for the sake of protecting the ring's "honor")

3. My current job forbids me from using any sort of jewlery :(

So right know what i have is a hoodie with the colors of the ace flag, that i use very often even though again nobody seems to know the meaning and they just think is a cool hoodie.

I have one and wear it sometimes.  It's one of those tungsten carbide ones with the purple on the inside and a groove on the outside with the purple in it (similar to the one Blue Phoenix Ace posted above).  Its a nice ring and I like it has some heft to it.  Since the swinger community also does black rings (although they are supposed to avoid the middle right finger because of Ace's), I worry it will be misinterpreted if I wear it at work😑.  It's the only ring I own.  Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow...

On 11/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

BTPURPLE-1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1509342960

Just had to pop in and comment - this one is absolutely stunning, what a great find!

I had posted a pic of mine in a different thread and managed to find it.  I got it on amazon.  They have quite a few variations on this available.  I like the idea of the black and purple together.

@Blue Phoenix Ace we clearly have similar taste 😁

516ug4+iyvL._UY585_.jpg

I'm also looking for a nice, thin, elegant black ring, possibly with a little stone. Most black rings are quite thick and masculine.
I would prefer a silver ring with a black stone, like this one, but that probably won't do the job.😊

EDIT: I think I like this one

linda-anillos-compromiso-oro-negro-compr

On 10/25/2018 at 11:31 PM, AllyK said:

What about this one? I like it very much myself too. Quite expensive though...

Tasha the demi squirrel

I'm not sure if 28 counts as the younger group or older group but I wear one that has a heart-shaped Demisexual pride flag on that I got on etsy

I just ordered this ring:

zilveren-ring-blackplated-met-bolletjes.

I'm so excited! I don't really know why, but it kinda feels like wearing a wedding ring. Maybe because it really has meaning.

Coily the Spring Sprite

I got mine and have been wearing it. It's solid black but I may order the black and purple posted above  and switch out occasionally.

Just got my ring and I'm wearing it right now. I have to say I'm not totally comfortable with it yet. I don't really like rings, and black wouldn't be my colour. But I feel like I have to do this...

On 11/15/2018 at 7:31 PM, Dutchy said:

What about this one? I like it very much myself too. Quite expensive though...

It's beautiful !!! But yes, expensive... I'll keep it in mind, maybe use my first paycheck for it haha :) Ty !!

Blue Phoenix Ace

I haven't checked in for a while. It's good to see you all liked the ring I posted, and the one with the purple groove is super cool looking. I too wasn't comfortable wearing it at first but I got used to it and hate to take it off. I still remove it around family, cause I don't really want to invite asexual conversations from them, even though I am out to them.

I do! I'm not overtly out, but I enjoy wearing one. I've worn a hematite ring in the past and have a slightly too big one with gold filigree that I'm wearing right now, but when I have a bit of money to spend, I'd like this one.

Coily the Spring Sprite

I figured I would only wear mine occasionally but it has not left my finger since I got it. So far nobody has commented on it and if they do I have a ready reply for those who I don't want to get into a conversation with regarding asexuality.

I brought myself a black ring on Thursday. Nobody has noticed so far but I am still proud of it. I am already so attached to it that my finger feels weird without it.

I have been wearing one since June, without realizing the significance (just realized I am asexual a couple weeks ago and am 41).  I didn't realize there was a ring thing, so I chuckled at the coincidence.  I am still wearing it, and am definitely more in tune with it's significance now.  A couple of people have asked me about it (probably because I don't really wear jewelry so it is something new for me) but I deferred (not a conversation I want to have yet).  Anyway, it's more hematite than black, and I had to resize it because it is cold now, and I had to use red string because I don't have purple (or didn't see it when I was digging around).  Will have to address that soon...

Archived