Parth

How Often Do You Get Drunk?  

1. 1.

• Never
    • Rarely
    • Sometimes, maybe once a month or once every couple of weeks
    • About once a week

This poll is closed to new votes

I never get drunk, and really I hardly ever drink. I am shy anyway, and drinking doesn't seem to do anything about that, in fact it probably works in the opposite way for me. I would much prefer to go out and drink coke. When I do have alcohol I don't really have much.

I am shy anyway, and drinking doesn't seem to do anything about that, in fact it probably works in the opposite way for me.

Yeah, me too, it's funny isn't it? Still trying to work that one out.

I am shy anyway, and drinking doesn't seem to do anything about that, in fact it probably works in the opposite way for me.

Yeah, me too, it's funny isn't it? Still trying to work that one out.

Glad its not just me then.

I never get drunk because I never drink and never have. I did try a sip of wine once (though I didn't really want to, but my mother finally cohersed me into it)... tastes as bad as it smells. It's was bloody putrid.

I'm straight edge. And no, not one of those poseur kids who say that to be "in" or to belong to a label. Actually straight edge. No alcohol. No sex. No smoking/drugs.

Actually straight edge. No alcohol. No sex. No smoking/drugs.

Kudos!

stainedandroid

I have never been drunk. I have tried drinking various alcoholic beverages: from mixed drinks, to margaritas, to shots, to beers. I despise the taste. All my friends tell me, "yeah, that's what I used to say, too. It's an acquired taste." It all seems rather pointless. Why take the time and bother to acquire a taste that isn't healthy, costs money, and is potentially addictive according to my genes? Ah well.

• 2 weeks later...

Oops! I misread this as "How often do you drink?" so I chose "Rarely". I've never been drunk, and I never intend to.

Never.

I shudder at the thought of lowered inhibitions... and possibly doing something I want to do but would never do; not a sexual something.

• 1 year later...

I'm a sometimer. But I do have to point out that that has only been for the past 3 or 4 years. Before that, my friends and I were HEAVY drinkers. I would have to say that we were (are?) severe alcoholics. And even when I get together with those friends and more recent friends, on those once a month or less nights, it's usually a binge. Oh, well. That's how we roll. :wacko:

pawprint prettysure
Oops! I misread this as "How often do you drink?" so I chose "Rarely".

Damn. Same here. Should probably try reading the question next time before answering <_<

I've been drunk once. That was enough for me, thank you very much.

I drink rarely, which means like... once a year? :unsure:

SpirallingSnowy

I just realised i hadnt commented in here.... How often do get drunk??

Well it used to be more than once a week. These times its about once a f/n.

Ive been 'blind drunk' enough times to know its a bad bad idea......

The amount of times ive been happy drunk though, countless. And im becoming more happy drunk these days than either Angry drunk /Aggressive drunk/losing my mind drunk, or emotional mess drunk.... none of which are good lol.

Sometimes i drink so i dont think. But thats not nearly as often as it used to be, and the urge doesnt hit me quite like it used to.

The most I've had to drink is that little tiny thimble's worth of watered down wine for communion.

-Katie

How often do I get drunk? Never, I've yet to manage it. I'm capable of drinking large amounts of alcohol and at most becoming 'chatty', whereas my peers at that point are mostly legless.

That said, I don't make a point of drinking regularly. I have a taste for red wine and will usually have a glass if I go out with friends or colleagues in the evening, but I don't enjoy that much more than I do lemonade. So, I would be very unlikely to get drunk even if I could - seems pointless to me.

I've never drank and I don't intend to.

The idea of losing the ability to make decisions and not having control of yourself is just too much.

They say that one drink leads to another...

And who knows how much I can take? it's not worth it!

My vote was for: Sometimes, maybe once a month or once every couple of weeks

However, it's more like once every 6 months. I could careless for drinking.

I very rarely drink, because it doesn't work for me as an inhibition remover - it actually makes me less sociable and wanting to be alone.

It totally doesn't work as an inhibition remover for me either, but I'm a happy, silly drunk for the most part and enjoy other's company. I have often become bitter when friends ditch me early for their partners though.

I remember too much most of the time (and especially while drunk) and have a hard time dealing with people that just blackout.

EDIT: I just realized that it was how often do you get DRUNK? This is probably rarely, but it's been known to happen. I have my wits about me at all times (I'm that friend that watches out for the other drunks... takes them home by way of the cab, hushes the taunting and starts of brawls, gives 2 cents of common sense... I actually don't understand the whole becoming a stupid drunk bit).

I've never drank and I don't intend to.

The idea of losing the ability to make decisions and not having control of yourself is just too much.

They say that one drink leads to another...

And who knows how much I can take? it's not worth it!

I personally wouldn't drink if I lost ability to make logical decisions and total control. I have a limit and I know it well, thus I find a few drinks often relaxes me. I don't get pressured into the one drink leads to another so much, but it's definitely something more people should be self-aware of.

I used to drink a lot more than I do nowadays, and as someone else said earlier in the posts, I used it mainly as a rather sad way to make sex with my partner easier. It's also taken me some years to realise that he is an alcoholic, and won't address this problem (I'm almost certain he's an Aspie, too). While I worry about his long-term health, my non-sex-life is such a relief!

• 6 months later...

I drink very little but I do not want to get drunk. Doesn't sound fun, especially after seeing a guy vomit for three hours early this morning.

Ugh, I never get drunk. Alcohol smells bad and tastes bad. I know this from many New Year's at home with parents who allowed me a sip for "celebrating". :wacko:

• 5 months later...

Drunk... rarely

tipsy well considering im blogging with a wine glass in my hand i should probably accept that one

Archived