Parth

How Often Do You Get Drunk?  

1. 1.

• Never
    • Rarely
    • Sometimes, maybe once a month or once every couple of weeks
    • About once a week

This poll is closed to new votes

In the "A question for straight asexuals" thread it seems a heck of a lot of us aren't into drinking. I was just interested how many asexuals are like that.

I very rarely drink, because it doesn't work for me as an inhibition remover - it actually makes me less sociable and wanting to be alone.

Is there a correlation between asexuals and non-drinkers I wonder?

Oh no, I had another poll option but it didn't go through :cry:

Is there a way to edit it after the fact?

If not, the option was "more than once a week"

knobbly knees

i voted for the occasional option, but i would like to modify by saying i have only been 'drunk' a handful of times. i usually get a little buzzed at most.

Never been drunk, and I don't drink. It smells bad and I hate how people act when they've been drinking. It's just not for me.

(By the way, should this be in the census forum?)

I don't know, maybe it should.

If a mod or admin or whatever is reading this and thinks it should be moved, please do :)

Thanks, I didn't see that :idea:

Now I pretty much stick to my one glass of red wine every night before bed. But sadly, before I realized I was asexual (or even knew what asexuality was) I occasionally used alcohol for the specific purpose of "loosening up" sexually...probably because at the time I still thought something was wrong with me or I was somehow "repressed." Looking back on it all, I guess I should've realized the desire just wasn't there in the first place since no amount of alcohol ever brought it out in me. Did anyone else ever try that, or am I just a pathetic individual?

asafugitive

i enjoy drinking on occasion. I drink less now than I used to, but every now and then I get pretty drunk for no other reason than I enjoy it.

Rarely - a few times a year, maybe. And I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks, so my options are pretty limited. I've been drunk (or close to drunk) once before, and it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

I said rarely because it's unintentional. Not because I'm asexual but I've grown past my "let's get pissed" days.

I don't think it has a correlation to asexuality. I don't believe anything else does.

I do not drink alcohol, ever. Nothing fundamental about that decision, I just can't stand the taste.

And besides, I can modify my view of reality without the need for mind-altering substances.

And you can add that final option. Just click the 'edit' button in the first post.

And you can add that final option. Just click the 'edit' button in the first post.

I did that... it doesn't bring up the poll, only the post.

Define "drunk." I'll have a beer once every week or two, but I only allow myself to get buzzed. I wouldn't trust myself behind the wheel of a car, but I could still pass the sobriety tests with ease.

I have been what I would consider "drunk" once. I wouldn't trust myself to walk across the room to throw away me beer bottle, but I was still me, just with lag.

I have never been drunk enough to get sick or have a hangover.

I very rarely drink, mostly because I just don't have much of a taste for alcohol. I'll have a beer every now and again, but because I'm total lightweight when it comes to drinking (it doesn't take much to get me flushed and giggly) I try to be mindful of it when I do.

helana12_03

I never drink, I don't get why I should - I hate even the smell of alcohol and its addictive and unhealthy...

Wee_Little_Me

rarely. though i imagine that'll go up to every day any time now lol. who's up for a housewarming party? Sonofzeal will be there.

WE HAVE JELLO SHOOTERS!!!!!!

Hallucigenia

*pictures WLM shooting people with Jello bullets*

(I know what a Jello shooter is, but I like it better my way...)

Shortass Lady

I rarely get to the stage that could be called 'drunk', because it feels awful. But I'll get 'tipsy' maybe about once every 2 weeks or so. That way you get the good effects, like becoming more sociable, without the bad effects, like becoming a sick embarrassing idiot stumbling about too out of it to know what's going on.

Yes, that's totally what we made. We even got a little jello-mould gun to shoot them from. 8) 8) 8)

Wee_Little_Me

Yes, that's totally what we made. We even got a little jello-mould gun to shoot them from. 8) 8) 8)

jello mould? Good lord boy, the things you do when Im not home...

Very interesting indeed ... I can't stand the taste of booze. Not to mention not being in control of my actions. I really dislike it when people get stinkin drunk, make asses out of themselves and start barfing everywhere. YUCK.

Who knew that so many of us are not into it ... :idea:

Never got drunk. Don't drink.

I very rarely drink, because it doesn't work for me as an inhibition remover - it actually makes me less sociable and wanting to be alone.

I often find this as well. Sometimes if I'm very relaxed and feeling in a particually outgoing mood then I suppose it does make me a little less inhibated

Most of the time it just makes me tired and socialing is more of an effort.

I rarely drink. I don't ever drink for the effects, only because I enjoy what I'm drinking. I've never been drunk, although I have been tipsy. I actually like the tastes of most drinks, it's very good that I have the self control to stop drinking when my body tells me to.

I got drunk once to see what it was like. And haven't been since, nor do I plan on getting drunk in the future.

I don't drink, but that doesn't mean I never will. Getting drunk, doesn't appeal to me, though.

I do sometimes. Not nearly as much as I used to though.

I find that alcohol makes me, well... Normal :shock: When I've had a few drinks I'm more sociable, I type better, I'm less shy, etc. I need to be in a "drinking mood" for that to happen though. If I'm not and I drink, they I just get down and angry and everything goes straight to hell.

I've been drunk a number of times. I'm sure the people who have been here for a long time remember the results :roll: (Hint: forum search; "gorax drunk" or "gorax club")

I rarely get to the stage that could be called 'drunk', because it feels awful. But I'll get 'tipsy' maybe about once every 2 weeks or so. That way you get the good effects, like becoming more sociable, without the bad effects, like becoming a sick embarrassing idiot stumbling about too out of it to know what's going on.

Interesting... I hate being tipsy, because it causes everything to be dulled and I feel more removed from the world around me.

Archived