Where did you get your avatar?

Back to Avalon

Back to Avalon

I'm tired of the standard-issue, generic avatar that we all got when we joined. Last night I tried turning a digital photo into an avatar, but I couldn't get the file small enough. I'm curious where everyone got their avatars, be they photos, graphics, whatever. I'm looking for ideas.

Er, the internet. I googled a photo of an old-timey Hollywood actress with whom I want to do very gay things because she's super badass.

AmorphousBlob

Mine's just cute fanart from the interwebs

A magical leprechaun appeared and gave me a USB stick with images on it. The leprechaun said "If you pretend to be this person on a busy forum by using their image as your avatar, I will give you a pot of gold."

But then I got drunk by myself on NYE (in my defense it was -40 out and I had bruised my tailbonea day or two before) and took an upside down selfie at some point during the night. I turned that to black and white and voila. The horns are merely seasonal. 

(True story.)

I drew it on a piece of paper when I decided that I should use it instead of a Minecraft obsidian block.

Someone posted a picture of their dog on Reddit, and it was the silliest face I've seen a dog give. Around the time I was going to change my profile pic I couldn't think of anything, but then I thought about the dog and figured "yeah, that perfectly captures my incompetence", and went with that. 

AmorphousBlob
1 minute ago, Polygon said:

"yeah, that perfectly captures my incompetence"

I feel ya man

like, 2 years ago, i was going through a huge phase and i decided to google "edgy profile photos" (i know. im cringing too, believe me). everything seemed too artificial and cringey, until i stumbled upon this, and proceeded to use it for everything.

My current and last DP's were both from random dark art blogs on Tumblr.

It's a photo that my significant other took while we were on holiday last year. We were visiting Bedruthan Steps in Cornwall, England. 

scarletlatitude
9 hours ago, Lusnaofer said:

A magical leprechaun appeared and gave me a USB stick with images on it. The leprechaun said "If you pretend to be this person on a busy forum by using their image as your avatar, I will give you a pot of gold."

But then I got drunk by myself on NYE (in my defense it was -40 out and I had bruised my tailbonea day or two before) and took an upside down selfie at some point during the night. I turned that to black and white and voila. The horns are merely seasonal. 

(True story.)

This totally is the truth. I wasn't there but I know it to be true. 

Mine is a google image

I drew my avatar myself since it feels more personal to use something that is made by myself. :) Now that I think about it, using something not made by me as an avatar has always made me feel at least a bit uneasy.

Mine's by one of my favorite artists who draws a lot of Bungou fanart. The collection it's from is extremely popular, so I saw it a lot while browsing Pinterest and whatnot. This one is of Nakahara Chuuya, my spirit animal and precious baby boy. I've tried to change it, but I like how this one looks so much that it might be staying for a while. :D

(The artist link is in my signature, in case you guys are curious.)

Thievery and piracy. An artist on DA made the original image and with some shrinkage I was able to fit it to data limit standards. Will get creative one day and make my own pic so I don't have to mooch.

Spoiler

Dude makes seriously good moochworthy pictures though.

My avatar is a bit of a self-portrait. I didn't want to use the picture of the anonymous cat cursed image thing with the blue filter on top on AVEN anymore, (not that I don't like the image, I just wanted something a bit more personal and less stolen from reddit) so I drew this digitally using a dumb selfie as a reference. I will admit I don't own the scarf-thingy, but whatever I did I couldn't get the lower half of my face right so I fell back into my old strategy of drawing a scarf over it. I actually liked how it turned out, so I went with that. The background is just an agender flag with lowered opacity.

I was looking for non-white dryads, and found this one- which is either a videogame character or comic character, something along those lines. Who knows.

18 hours ago, Lusnaofer said:

(True story.)

The real question is what did you do with the pot of gold, though.

Anthracite_Impreza

The magic of Google, and five glorious hours (minutes) of getting distracted by Imprezas. Then a bit of editing because I'm a boss.

1 hour ago, The Dryad said:

The real question is what did you do with the pot of gold, though.

The leprechaun never gave it to me, as I did not complete the quest. I wonder where that leprechaun is these days...

I found it from a google search for purple Halloween images.

It just poofed itself on my avatar. 

It's basically always something I drew, often from my comic but not always.

Archived