SkyWorld

Video by Psych2Go about Asexuality

SkyWorld

I’ve been a subscriber of their channel for a few months now and I saw this video on my feed. I enjoyed it, hope you do too!

• Like 3

Duke Memphis

I saw this video soon after it came out, and I thought it was really good.

Jade Cross

I like that its putting info out there but, I dont know if its just me,  usually Psych2go vids (or at least the ones Ive seen) have the narrator going about the subject in a bit more relaxed matter. She seemed to be in a hurry

• Like 1

yyy

I mainly don't like this video. I am dissatisfied with the way it explains asexuality and it seems to have a one-size-fits-all explanation as to what it is or isn't. 

Though it is like saying that someone who likes peanuts does not  automatically  therefore also like  peanut butter,  peanut  brittle,  peanut oil, and/or peanut sauce, the same can be said of the state of asexuality.   

An asexual person  can just merely not be interested in the direct physical act of sex  nor feel a desire for it, nor be attracted to a person in  a way that is sexual,  however s/he can feel romantic towards someone and find someone physically attractive and desire a close relationship with someone or with others. Yes true, but after hearing how it is explained on this video, it seems like  asexuality is being compared to sexuality and somehow sexuality is considered to be what asexuality has to live up to in some way. And,  the logic seems to be that asexuality is not  completely void of the elements of sexuality such as a need for socializing and love and touching and bonding. 

Not sure if anyone would understand

Yosemite
On 10/21/2018 at 9:52 PM, Jade Cross said:

I like that its putting info out there but, I dont know if its just me,  usually Psych2go vids (or at least the ones Ive seen) have the narrator going about the subject in a bit more relaxed matter. She seemed to be in a hurry

Yeah, I thought they were going to go over the differences of romantic vs sexual attraction, or some of the sexualities under the ace umbrella (like demisexuality or grey asexuality) but then the video ended. It is "Phsych2go" though, so they probably didn't want to go on to long when anyone interested could follow their link to AVEN and learn more.