Asexual Userbars

Run

I'm knackered (with apologies to anyone who thinks that is more than intended - a horse fit for the 'knackers' yard was one that was fit only for destruction).

Awww :( <<<<huggles>>>>

As to the userbars, I find on this particular forum topic with a lot of graphic content (admittedly by way of examples of userbars) - despite the fact they're small in size, there are some 145+ images loading, and even on a hi-speed broadband connection it has an impact on the speed at which the page loads.

Given that some users maybe on dial-up connections or may have their connection usage capped, if everyone used these graphic devices, it may cause problems in the future.

But there again, I'm one of the 'old school' who tends to prefer the 'KIS' protocol - Keep It Simple :)

Once you create one, how do you make that your signature? :?

I assume you answered your own question already, yes?

As a member who is limited (by geography) to dialup internet access, I can only say that, since these userbars have become so prevalent, AVEN's pages are so slow to load that the site is becoming harder and harder for me to browse.

Some pages never finish loading at all.

I think they are kinda neat, but they DO have that rather serious drawback.

-GB

As a member who is limited (by geography) to dialup internet access, I can only say that, since these userbars have become so prevalent, AVEN's pages are so slow to load that the site is becoming harder and harder for me to browse.

-GB

:( Sorry... that wasn't my intention, of course.

I can't take any of them off because they were uploaded to imageshack. And I don't think there's an option in your profile to disable the displaying of signatures (but it seems like the board software would allow for that option). Maybe it could be looked into?

Most browsers have an option to disable images at certain websites or hosted at certain websites. Using the at option would also disable avatars, but if you disabled images from things like imageshack and such, it might help take out a good portion.

helana12_03
Once you create one, how do you make that your signature? :?

place "" in "signature" field

You know you are a geek when you have more fun seeing where everyone has their userbars hosted and where their links go than you did making your own.
:lol: SOOOOOO true---I love doing that with sig images because I'm so nosy! :lol:

-GB

:( Sorry... that wasn't my intention, of course.

I can't take any of them off because they were uploaded to imageshack. And I don't think there's an option in your profile to disable the displaying of signatures (but it seems like the board software would allow for that option). Maybe it could be looked into?

If you use Konqueror or Firefox, there is an option to disable images from certain hosts (like ImageShack). In Firefox, just right-click the image and click "Block images from blah.com". I put mine on Photobucket because it's faster.

And I am SOOO artsy-fartsy and geeky that I put mine together manually in the GIMP! Ha! No need for websites to do it for me, thank you very much! :D

And I am SOOO artsy-fartsy and geeky that I put mine together manually in the GIMP! Ha! No need for websites to do it for me, thank you very much! :D

You're not the only one who made yours using the GIMP.

Haha, I saw those poppping up. Thanks a bunch! ^__^

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I finally found this threat and found out where all those nifty userbars are coming from, but when I try to click on the link to make one, I get a "site not found" message. :-( Is this temporary, or has the site moved, or what?

OK, I finally found this threat and found out where all those nifty userbars are coming from, but when I try to click on the link to make one, I get a "site not found" message. :-( Is this temporary, or has the site moved, or what?

Hmm... it's not working for me either. The main site is at http://ubanimator.com/ - that should work.

You're not the only one who made yours using the GIMP.

Never said I was. ;) I was hoping more people did too.

Those are really quite fun - I just wasted a happy half hour (when I should have been working) making myself one of the animated bars!

Seattleoutsider

as far as sexual orientation labels speaking as someone who fits that catagory the range for hetro or bi is the same but I add their another type of sexuality but its hard also to define its not always about sex or body parts for some it maybe fetish or roleplaying bdsm games. not sure where that would fit though in bars. perhaps a button for those who are asexual multi-complex would fit? lol :lol: also id as queer asexual male intersexed but i don't do romance i have people i feel intimate with though.

Asterion Orestes

OK, my turn.

Now testing:

Asterion Orestes

OK, my turn.

Now testing:

Rats! Still, what can you expect from a 17th-century Highlander?

Asterion Orestes

Am I doing this right--at all? Do these URLs need editing?

Asterion Orestes

Roger that!

Now testing again....

And thanks, Hallucigenia!

Asterion Orestes

So: I can only delate my last post, huh? Tried conflating two with an eye to deleting the rest of my failures. $ยข#1$$e!

Flintlocks & a dirk would be easier....

Archived