Asexual lesbian dating???

wolf1992

I've been super hesitant to come out due to family problems, but am 90% certain that I am at least bi, probably leaning toward women b/c men just piss me off half the time. I've gone on a few dates with men, but have never actually dated. Here's the kicker though, my sexual attraction scale is super low, sometimes nonexistant,and I identify as asexual (not repulsed). Now that's not to say that those feelings won't change if I'm in a committed relationship and actually develop feelings for someone. I suspect that I may just be more gay than I thought and demisexual, however obviously I won't know until I get to that point. Soooo how would y'all advise I start my dating process? I get newly out women being a danger zone for lesbians hurt in the past, and I'm not trying to lead anyone on, but I just don't know at this point. Doesn't help that I'm 26yo with no experience in this department :P how would you start dating if you were me?  

Be honest about it and maybe get to know someone as friends first. I made friends with someone who then asked me out and I told her upfront that I wasn't sure I was attracted to women. We had a long discussion about it and decided we'd keep it casual at first, partly to give me space to work out how I felt. It helped a lot that we'd had that initial discussion.

Turns out I'm attracted to women. So there we go.

Archived