Tetrahedron Sexual Orientation Theory (??)

kvothe

Hello

I don't know how to really put it in words, but I realised that there is a lot of people trying to explain the sexual diversity using a bar that goes from straight to homo and in the middle is the bisexual spectrum. I don't agree with this representation, it excludes us, asexuals.

"But the Kinsey Scale don't do that". I know it, but it excludes pansexual people too, so I can't agree with Kinsey Scale too.

That's why I tried to create a new thing, I really don't know if it is really new but I didn't find nothing similar to this.

Resultado de imagem para tetraedro

First I named the vertexs as "estrict points" of sexuality:

A = Heterosexual

B =Homosexual

C = Pansexual

D = Asexual

The triangle ABC is here allosexual people are, ADB is here bi-gray-a spectrum is, and ADC and BCD is poly-gray-a people maybe find themselves. I want also include that inside the tetrahedron you can find, for exemple, autosexual people and I think that in the middle of ABC face would be the skoliosexual orientation.

The edges represents some spectrums too like AB being the bisexual spectrum; AC and BC the polysexual spectrum. The others edges (DA, DB, DC) represent some of gray-a spetrum like DA is hetero-gray-a, DB homo-gray-a and DC pan-gray-a.

Sorry for any english mistake, I hope I was clear on what I mean and that you guys help me to make it better or you just make me change my mind.

I don't think the Kinsey scale "excludes" pansexuality, it's just that almost everyone knows that as bisexuality.  Almost everyone you know who says they're bisexual is probably basically pansexual too, because I doubt the other person's gender is a dealbreaker in terms of who they'll have sex with.

As far as most people are concerned, there are two sexes and two different sets of genitals to have sex with, therefore bisexuality is the term that sees the most common usage.

I kind of don't understand. I don't know why pansexual would get its own corner and not bisexual, when there's a lot of overlap between the terms. And bisexual people might not like to be thought of as just "in between" straight and gay. I also think it's kind of inconsistent if AB means experiencing both A and B (sexual attraction to the same gender and the opposite), but BC, for example, can't mean sexually attracted to both only the same gender and to all genders, because that wouldn't make sense. Also, the model includes attraction to non-binary people through including pansexual, but doesn't account for non-binary people who are attracted to only one binary gender but don't want to use the terms homosexual or heterosexual. Hope this makes sense.

I do think it's an interesting idea, but it's hard to make a simple model that accounts for all the variation in sexuality.

The only problem I have with this is the space within the tetrahedron. Do the faces of the tetrahedron meed in the middle for questioning people? Is there anything that accounts for the space from a vertex to the center?

Also, not a real criticism, but I find it a small missed opportunity that the A vertex isn't for aces. 😄

36 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

I don't think the Kinsey scale "excludes" pansexuality, it's just that almost everyone knows that as bisexuality.  Almost everyone you know who says they're bisexual is probably basically pansexual too, because I doubt the other person's gender is a dealbreaker in terms of who they'll have sex with.

As far as most people are concerned, there are two sexes and two different sets of genitals to have sex with, therefore bisexuality is the term that sees the most common usage.

I really not sure, but there are people who desagree to put pan and bi in the same box and I kind agree with that and I think that people should learn to accept the diference beetween those two.

33 minutes ago, TheAppallingPhantom said:

I kind of don't understand. I don't know why pansexual would get its own corner and not bisexual, when there's a lot of overlap between the terms. And bisexual people might not like to be thought of as just "in between" straight and gay. I also think it's kind of inconsistent if AB means experiencing both A and B (sexual attraction to the same gender and the opposite), but BC, for example, can't mean sexually attracted to both only the same gender and to all genders, because that wouldn't make sense. Also, the model includes attraction to non-binary people through including pansexual, but doesn't account for non-binary people who are attracted to only one binary gender but don't want to use the terms homosexual or heterosexual. Hope this makes sense.

I do think it's an interesting idea, but it's hard to make a simple model that accounts for all the variation in sexuality.

I don't think that bisexual would be on the corner and AB is more like the commun sense of bisexuality (atraction to binary genders) that I belive is more like attraction to 2 any genders, however the Kinsey Scale do the same thing. When I put pansexual in the corner I consider it as a genuine attraction without any obstacle.

Even for me if hard to explain how do it would work for nb people, but I tried consider them too. The only thing that I thought was divide ABC putting a circle in ABC and think that those indentities would be here, close to the center where I tried to make it as Neutral point.

I agree with you, that there is a lot of inconsistencies in the model and I already know that is impossible to find a visual representation for all variations in sexuality,  I just thought about it today and decide to post. I still don't know  if it is something usefull but for now I trying to fix some mistakes (pls help).

I will answer more soon

I really not sure, but there are people who desagree to put pan and bi in the same box and I kind agree with that and I think that people should learn to accept the diference beetween those two.

I'd rather asexuality get recognized and respected first, personally.

In *most* cases, bi already essentially means pan.  There isn't any desperate need for them to be differentiated.  Sexual orientation refers primarily to sex anyway, not gender.

1 hour ago, kvothe said:

but there are people who desagree to put pan and bi in the same box and I kind agree with that and I think that people should learn to accept the diference beetween those two.

Bi is attracted to two genders, Pan is attracted all genders/attracted to people regardless of gender.

8 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

I'd rather asexuality get recognized and respected first, personally.

I do agree with this though.

no-longer-in-use
15 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

In *most* cases, bi already essentially means pan.  There isn't any desperate need for them to be differentiated.  Sexual orientation refers primarily to sex anyway, not gender.

I'm bi/panromantic and I agree with this. I doubt many bisexual people are going to be like, "No, I won't have sex with you because you're non-binary." They're attracted to your body and maybe your personality, but not your gender.

I find this interesting. I don't know what to say about it though.

Guest DesertWells
13 hours ago, FictoCannibal. said:

Bi is attracted to two genders, Pan is attracted all genders/attracted to people regardless of gender.

I’m genuinely curious, because I was wondering what the difference is between bi and pan too.

Could you elaborate? Do you mean, bisexuals are not necessarily attracted to those who identify as non-binary?

Archived