What is this ;-;?

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

I've posted about this before, but after looking at a few other posts on similar subjects, I think I may be able to provide a further explanation of my feelings to better determine whether or not this is a squish, crush, or maybe something else.

So, here goes nothing.

•Whenever I'm around this person, I feel both anxious and happy. I blush when they speak to me (I don't really know why. I honestly blush whenever I'm interacting with people I don't know well, or when the spotlight is on me).

•When I daydream about this person, I imagine hanging out as if we were friends (doing our favorite hobbies, just talking to each other about anything). I also imagine maybe cuddling with them though, but not really in a way that I see as "romantic". I can imagine being close and leaning on one another, hugs, things like that.

•I can not imagine kissing this person, nor do I really feel like I would want to do so. 

•I think I would feel more comfortable if we were close friends and nothing more. However, sometimes I think it would be nice if we were in a relationship.

•This may sound kind of weird, but I can imagine living with this person as if they were a roommate. I think they would be pretty cool to live and hang out with every day.

•If this person were to go out with someone, I wouldn't be angry, jealous, or sad. I would be happy for them.

•I desperately want to get to know this person because they seem like a cool person to hang out with.

This is pretty much all I can come up with at the moment.

I think my feelings are a bit complicated because there seems to be a mix of both romantic attraction and a desire to be in a platonic relationship with them >_<

*sigh*

Sounds to me like you've got a big time squish, which is the platonic version of a crush. And that you're a bit on the shy side too.

I have the same reaction to people I've become fascinated with. I just want to spend time with them talking about books and the like, maybe share a hug (if I get that close to them), but I'm not interested in going any further than that.

Anthracite_Impreza

That sounds like a squish to me, I don't see any romance in it at all.

Celyn: The Lutening

It's an emoji :P

But yeah, definitely a squish.

It's dependent on whether you would want any interactions that you view as distinctly romantic - not culturally, but personally. Something that you cannot imagine friends doing together no matter how close they were emotionally. 

As for wanting "a relationship", that is not necessarily romantic. There is also the quasiplatonic (QP) relationship, which is like the platonic version of a romantic relationship (I say romantic relationship because it could take a more casual form and resemble platonic dating or it could be more serious and resemble platonic marriage, so I use "romantic relationship" as a catch-all phrase for these relationships, as our society has not created a better word, as far as I am aware...). 

That being said, I think what you describe could easily fall into squish territory. 

Archived