Call Me Luz...

La Luz

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself instead of just lurking in the shadows of the interwebs! The last time I was on a forum, it was the peak of the My Chemical Romance Black Parade album and I was an avid member of theblackparade.net...which is now a site that is forsaken and forgotten. As an emo teen growing up in the 2000s, it was one of the first places I could talk freely and explore my own identity. College (or uni to all you overseas folk) was the first time I became aware of my sexual desires...or the absence of them. While many of my peers were living it up sexually, I just wasn't really interested in that. I didn't really understand the desire to have sex with others, no matter how attractive the person was. It just really isn't my idea of intimacy.

One of my favorite phrases I learned in college was, "jump their bones". While all my friends chatted about whose bones they'd like to jump, I kind of just sat there awkwardly because I didn't really know how to contribute to that discussion. I wasn't shy, I just didn't know how to express my lack of desire without feeling a sense of shame. Sex is healthy and natural, and yet, I hated myself for not wanting it. Those experiences helped me stumble upon the labels/terms that would allow me to identify and understand who I am. 

In a society where I feel abnormal in the way I think and am, I struggle with fully accepting myself. Some days are easier than others, and I just take it slow. It's great to finally be visible on a website like AVEN and I can't wait to meet y'all. 

edit: There's a magazine! That's so dope. I just had to say that everyone who had a hand in making the AVEN magazine a reality is amazing and kudos to you all. I am literally consuming the issues. 

Welcome to AVEN!

10.jpg

Appreciate all the love and cake! Looking forward to seeing you all around the forum boards ❤️ 

Welcome! Hope I’m not too late to send in more cake :) 

pancakecake.png

Hi Luz :)

Thank you for stopping by and saying Hello :) It's fantastic to read that AVEN already has a positive impact on you. I totally relate to the AVENues binge :D, they're great to read and they show how much people on here actually care about the community. AVEN is a wonderful place full of friendly and supportive people and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself!

You might be interested in Asexual Musings And Rantings, which is where you'll find a lot of people who relate to your words. If you want to get to know people on here, you can check out The Chatterbox, where we discuss and goof off about everything there is to life. I never thought it'd be possible to make actual, real life friends on a website (I mean, a website? Come on...), but boy was I wrong :lol: In case you're looking for meetups in the outernet, have a look at the Meetup Mart.

Feel free to roam and read and if you bump into a question, ask away! See you around :)

cheesecake_5.jpg?itok=2sStbpJx

Thank you! I appreciate all the warm welcome fuzzies and cake! 

Archived