Complications and confusion...

itsmeelysemarie

itsmeelysemarie

So I've known for a while that I'm gay and proculsexual. However, when I try to date somebody irl, I end up confused because it really depends on the person. With some, I've needed the emotional bond of demisexuality, but other times I've clicked with them right away and had the initial attraction fade as I got to know them. And a few times I couldn't tell what I was feeling at all. 

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. (And if this is in the wrong subforum, please feel free to move it to the right one.)

itsmeelysemarie
3 minutes ago, Star Lion said:

What is a proculsexual exactly

It's like fictosexual but it does include celebrities.

letusdeleteouraccounts

Also having different experiences is normal. It’s just when the experiences get more specific is usually when we start putting labels on stuff. For the feelings you’re unsure of, keep this in mind:

Sexual Attraction: the urge to have sex with certain people

Romantic Attraction: the urge to date certain people

Physical Attraction: stomach butterflies from a person’s looks and physical appearance

Emotional Attraction: stomach butterflies from being attracted to a person’s personality

Aesthetic Attraction: admiring a person’s looks and physical appearance

Sensual Attraction: desire to touch a person intimately

5 minutes ago, CummingDelights said:

It's like fictosexual but it does include celebrities.

That’s interesting. Are you saying that you’re more likely to be attracted to fictional characters and online celebrities?

itsmeelysemarie

@Star Lion Most of the time, yes. Celebrities more so than fictional characters, though there have been a few.

A lot of times when I start dating somebody, I won't want sex with them but as I said, it really depends on the person. Sometimes I get emotionally attached enough where I want/have a relationship, and other times I either can't tell what sort of attraction I'm feeling or it's strong at first and fades.

letusdeleteouraccounts
15 minutes ago, CummingDelights said:

@Star Lion Most of the time, yes. Celebrities more so than fictional characters, though there have been a few.

A lot of times when I start dating somebody, I won't want sex with them but as I said, it really depends on the person. Sometimes I get emotionally attached enough where I want/have a relationship, and other times I either can't tell what sort of attraction I'm feeling or it's strong at first and fades.

Ok that makes a lot more sense. But I listed definitions for the attractions. A mix of the attractions for people happens really often. It might even be less often that a person would feel all the attractions at once

itsmeelysemarie

There's always some level of emotional attraction to it. With my first (and also current) boyfriend, I felt all of them to some extent. My second and third boyfriends were more like romantic and sensual but not the others, especially sexual.

I felt them all for both of my girlfriends (yes, there was a period of time where I thought I was bi or lesbian) but it all faded over time. And with my last, it was mostly emotional and sensual, but again, it faded over time.

Archived