help me im weird

okay so im like really weird but i dont know how to explain it. Ive never been in a relationship, kissed or even flirted with someone before, but I am sexually attracted to people. I want to have a boyfriend but being in a relationship kinda grosses me out (lack of a better term)? I don't know how to describe it but it kind of embarrasses me? For example, if i had a boyfriend telling my parents is super weird. I guess I am uncomfortable with intimacy, but i want it. I don't think im asexual because i have sexual attraction and interest, but i am just not into relationships. IDK what that means! Please help lol.  

@sarcloud Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you're an Aromantic,

Meaning you're not attracted to people romantically.

Incidentally, it's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

10.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to AVEN, @sarcloud!

Yes, I think @MichaelTannock is right there. You could join Arocalypse, which is a forum for aromantic people—sexual and asexual alike. The Arocalypse layout is almost identical to AVEN's.

You're still very much welcome here, though, whether or not you're asexual.ab6b16f6-2bbf-4170-bfd8-387eddd81093.jpg

• Like 3
letusdeleteouraccounts

The main attractions are split into 2: romantic & sexual. This means that you can experience sexual attraction and be aromantic (or anywhere along the spectrum). A mix of romantic and sexual attractions are pretty rare with non asexual people, but it happens

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@sarcloud Hi! Welcome to heAVEN! Have an infinite amount of :cake:! You could identify as aromantic. Those identifying with "aromantic" could possibly fear commitment because of the romantic connotations. If you haven't already, you could make an account on Arocalypse.

it is also quite possible that you have described nothing weird at all. the only helpful thing I can think of is to just not get in your own way of exploring who you are. in romantic interactions you will make mistakes, and that's ok. go out and test them waters! or don't, and make peace with yourself. definitely eat some cake, though.