I'm Here and I'm Queer.

Neah.

I am A-sexual and demi-homo-flexible-romantic. Also, I am a trans-gender male. Some of my friends tend to mess-up my pronouns and I don't know how to confront them about it. I wonder if maybe they forgot or if they just aren't open to it. What do I do?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi @Neah.! Welcome to AVEN!

I think that if your friends mess up your pronouns, you should correct them, in case they've forgotten or are just not accustomed to them yet. Just bring it up if someone happens to call you by the wrong pronouns.

1 hour ago, Death Of Tass said:

Hi @Neah.! Welcome to AVEN!

I think that if your friends mess up your pronouns, you should correct them, in case they've forgotten or are just not accustomed to them yet. Just bring it up if someone happens to call you by the wrong pronouns.

It probably is just a case of getting mixed up or forgetting, so just correct them.

@Neah. Welcome to AVEN!

I pretty much agree with the two other posters I think it's accidental and you should correct them.

Incidentally, it's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

10.jpg

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@Neah. Hello! Welcome to heAVEN! There's an infinite amount of 🍰 here, so take as much as you want!

Welcome! You just need to tell them that they’re using the wrong pronouns. It’s probably subconscious, and unintentional, but if you don’t call them out on it then they might forget accidentally. 

mouth_watering_cake-other.jpg

Anthracite_Impreza

Maybe say something like "Some stranger/family member/colleague called me the wrong pronouns today; it made me cringe" if you're not the confrontational type (like me). That should give them the message without having to "blame" them.

Welcome to AVEN :)

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for stopping by and saying Hello! You've come to the right place; AVEN is a great community with lots of awesome folks!

I'm no expert on trans things, but some of our members over in Gender Discussion are. As someone who is not trans, I believe that it might be difficult to adjust to the new circumstances. It can be hard to change addressing fundamentals like somebody's name - it's one of the first things you get to know about someone after all. To me it all depends on whether we're talking about honest mistakes or whether someone genuinely tries to make fun of you and the like. Keep reminding them - it's going to be a long road, judging by what I have read from other trans people on here; but those instances will occur less and less over time.

Feel free to read and explore all the forums and if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask! I hope you'll enjoy your time on here :)

b412104b-a8f1-4c80-a23f-e2e4047d2d57.jpg

Archived