Hello! I'm new to this website...

aroacee

I just wanted to introduce myself because I'm new to the website! My name is Annie and I identify as aroace. I use the pronouns she/her currently, but I am questioning my gender. I also run the Instagram page @/aroacee! I found out that I was aroace only a few months ago, but I was introduced to the term asexual about 3 years ago. I had never truly realized what it had meant until I had friends who were invovled in the community that were able to teach me the terms asexual and aromantic. I never wanted a relationship, the thought of having one really scares me for some reason. No, I'm not traumatized from anything (I've gotten that question before). Having this fear of commitment has always made me feel broken. I've never really understood crushes, but I've never talked to people about having one (because I never had anything to say) and the reactions from people are kind of hurtful. The weirdest thing I've made up was with my friend (we make a lot of really weird jokes) and we were running laps for our sport, and she had asked "so you've seriously never had a crush"? She wouldn't drop the topic. My face was getting red and I thought I was going to have a panic attack, so I blurted "I dated that tree!" She went silent, of course, and I didn't even know how that came out of my mouth (haha come out xd). She started laughing and we made tree jokes the rest of the run. That was truly a strange experience I hope to never relive, but it was relieving that the topic hasn't been brought up since. She's the type of person who sees love as the only reason to live. Anyway, my LGBT+ friend came to me with the terms "aromantic asexual" a few months ago, which caused me to do some research. I was really happy to find that I wasn't alone. My Instagram page has helped me reach more people with my same orientation than I could ever imagine! That is what led me here. One of the first people I had ever talked to on that account told me about this website, for which I am very grateful. Thank you for reading my little introduction/story, and I hope I get to share more in the future!

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@aroacee Hello! Welcome to heAVEN! Have an infinite amount of 🍰! It sounds like you have a really great friend there! We're glad you made it to the sight! The more aces who find this site, the more aces will be most likely happier and will have a community!

Welcome! People can be unintentionally hurtful if they don’t understand something. Something like aromanticism goes directly against the media’s portrayal of everyone falling in love that they force on us from an early age. Don’t take it to heart, okay? :) 

csc_8469.jpg

@aroacee Welcome to AVEN!

I'm on here because I don't know any other Asexuals in real life.

10.jpg

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Anthracite_Impreza
20 hours ago, aroacee said:

"I dated that tree!"

Was it a date palm? ;)

Welcome to my terrible puns AVEN :) 

Hey :)

Welcome to AVEN! Haha, that response you gave is pure gold :D It's great to read that you and your friend turned this convo into a lighthearted bit of fun! I wouldn't have been in the mood to actually discuss these things while having to run either, so her timing seems a bit off to me... maybe you get to explain things to her a bit more thoroughly soon. I think the table is set for a reasonable discussion :)

I'm not an expert when it comes to gender, but we do have people who are. Gender Discussion is where they come to talk about their feelings and experiences. Feel free to read and explore all the forums and if you have a question, ask away!

I hope you'll enjoy being a part of AVEN!

devils_food_cake_vert.jpg?itok=UlzpC-mS

Archived