Am I Really Asexual?

Ok, so I think I might be asexual. I'm just not sure. I mean, I'm fine with getting a bit intimate with the person I'm in a relationship with. But I don't want to have sex. I've never been interested in it. I'm not sure if wanting to get a bit intimate makes me not asexual which is why I made this in the first place. Sorry if this was a pretty bad question. I just think it'd be good to have that cleared up.

2 minutes ago, Journey51 said:

Ok, so I think I might be asexual. I'm just not sure. I mean, I'm fine with getting a bit intimate with the person I'm in a relationship with. But I don't want to have sex. I've never been interested in it. I'm not sure if wanting to get a bit intimate makes me not asexual which is why I made this in the first place. Sorry if this was a pretty bad question. I just think it'd be good to have that cleared up.

There's no such thing as bad questions :). It sounds like you might be experiencing romantic attraction but could be asexual. Remember romantic and sexual attraction are two different things. 

Yeah, you could be asexual. Some asexuals do enjoy physical intimacy, without wanting sexual contact with others. This is called sensual attraction.

Being fine with it is a different beast from actually desiring it.  You used both statements, so you'd need to clarify that.

Being "intimate" also does not necessarily involve sexual activity, for that matter.

Sensual touch - touch that you do not interpret as distinctly sexual.

Sexual touch - touch that you interpret as distinctly sexual. 

So is it sexual or just sensual. For example, I am very sensual - I love cuddling (with a romantic partner) - even naked. I like a lot of forms of touch. But this touch doesn't lead to me wanting anything more than the touch itself and it doesn't feel sexual to me. Touch that feels distinctly sexual (mainly just touch to the crotch area) feels very uncomfortable to me, because I interpret that kind of touch as being related to sex. Kissing and cuddling, though, I just view as romantic.