Help am I weird?

myself_is_me

Heyyy I really need your help. I am 16 years old and have a question. Sooo basically I don't really feel any sexual attraction towards people I find attractive. When I think of me in the future I don't see myself having sex with anyone. I have seen dicks and vagina's on pictures put it looks not very appealing to me. Also I'm not very sexually active when it comes to masturbation. I don't fantasize a lot about sexual things and all. I know I'm young but I think a lot of people are much more sexually active then me. Am I just over panicking or am I asexual? please help thank you for reading this.

Also I did some quizes and all the result were that I was Asexual. I know quizes are not always right I just thought it would maybe help.

Yelena

You could well be a romantic asexual and there's nothing wrong with that. But if you decide that's what you feel like now don't make it define the rest of your life. You're still young and you might find someone you really like and want to do that stuff with. You might not and either way it doesn't matter. We're people not tick boxes.

• Like 2

First things first, don’t panic. There is nothing to gain from panicking over something you can’t control. 

Next. It is definitely worth considering that you’re asexual. Asexuality is the absence of sexual attraction, which you say you don’t feel. 16 isn’t too young to identify as asexual, it was the age when I realised my Asexuality. In the end it’s up for you to decide whether or not Asexuality applies to you, as we can’ really tell you how you feel or experience things. 

This webcomic on attraction might help you figure some things out :) 

https://www.deviantart.com/secondlina/art/Sketchcomic-types-of-Attraction-298804729

• Like 1

Welcome to AVEN!

I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14, and I'm now 33.

If you want, there's a short book on Asexuality that you can read online for free, http://www.asexualityarchive.com/book/

Incidentally, it's a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake,

ZWughhv.jpg

• Like 1
Harvester.Light

It is entirely possible you're asexual, but it is also possible you're somewhere else on the spectrum.  There are people who are disgusted by sex(forget the term right now), those who only want to have sex with those they have a bond with (demisexual), those who rarely feel sexual attraction (gray asexual, or grace), and many more I don't even know about.  It is also completely separate from romantisisms.  You could be asexual, but still want a romantic or even sensual connection with someone.  It is all very nuanced.  Not to mention, just because you feel something now doesn't mean you will forever.  Just remember to breathe.  Whatever you are or are not, we always have cake for you :)

Image result for asexual cake

• Like 1
Lady Constellation
1 hour ago, Harvester.Light said:

There are people who are disgusted by sex(forget the term right now)

Is this sex-repulsed?

• Like 1

Same as others have said; yes you are asexual right now (which is not a bad thing!), but you are still young enough that this may well change over time (which also is not a bad thing!). Some women don't develop sexual attraction until they are in their 30s, but the older you are, the less likely you are to become sexual. You have plenty of time either way, so if you want to use the term asexual to clarify how you are currently different from your peers, feel free to do so - just keep an open mind and remember that you might just be a late bloomer. If you don't want to use the term asexual, you are also free to take your time and figure yourself out before committing to anything. :) It's entirely up to you. :cake: 

• Like 1