Dressing up for Halloween?

iff

Costume for Halloween?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you intend to dress up for Halloween 2018 (or did you)?

• Yes (or very likely)
    • Maybe (50 50 chance or so)
    • No (or very unlikely)
  2. 2. Did you dress up in 2017?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How did you answer the first two questions?

• Yes in both 2018 and 2017
    • Yes in 2018, no in 2017
    • Maybe in 2018, yes in 2017
    • Maybe in 2018, no in 2017
    • No in 2018, yes in 2017
    • No in 2018, no in 2017

This poll is closed to new votes

I always plan an awesome costume on the tiny chance I am invited somewhere I actually want to go on Halloween.  So far haven't actually worn any of the costumes on Halloween...

I want to dress up because I absolutely love costumes and dressing up, but I think then I'd feel obligated to actually attend a Halloween party. On Halloween you can usually find me home in my pajamas snagging candy from the bowl when the kids aren't looking...so I'm going to say no this year.

I was going to dress up as this zero from nonary games, but it prob won't happen because we don't really celebrate Halloween out here because of how rural it is; ironic for how much I love the holiday. :(

9personsjpg-41cd3a_1280w.jpg

Tasha the demi squirrel

I don't normally dress up for Halloween since I don't like Halloween but as my work are raising money for tickled pink (A breast cancer charity) I will be this year 

i3utterflyeffect

I'm thrilled for halloween! I'm dressing up as Adeleine from Kirby and I'm dressing up my dog as Ribbon. Halloween is my favorite holiday-- free candy and dressing up? Count me in for sure!

On 10/21/2018 at 5:25 PM, Tasha the demi squirrel said:

I don't normally dress up for Halloween since I don't like Halloween but as my work are raising money for tickled pink (A breast cancer charity) I will be this year 

Why don’t you like Halloween?

yes last year, unlikely this year. I'm just not feeling the work theme and I have been oodles of money earlier in the year for family things, so I have to cut back somewhere. 

Tasha the demi squirrel
18 hours ago, Graveful said:

Why don’t you like Halloween?

My main reasons are people going as scary as possible not caring if they scare young children some parents don't bother to supervise their children while trick or treating which isn't safe as the kids can get lost or hurt crime and fires can be a big issue also it can be irritating that people use it as an excuse to get stupidly drunk 

Of course I'm only talking about where I'm from in England it might be better in other countries sorry if I seem like a partypooper lol 

1 hour ago, Tasha the demi squirrel said:

My main reasons are people going as scary as possible not caring if they scare young children some parents don't bother to supervise their children while trick or treating which isn't safe as the kids can get lost or hurt crime and fires can be a big issue also it can be irritating that people use it as an excuse to get stupidly drunk 

Of course I'm only talking about where I'm from in England it might be better in other countries sorry if I seem like a partypooper lol 

Sorry, it just seemed odd to me. It’s so big where I’m from (US) that I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like it. It also never occurred to me that scary might be a bad thing but perhaps where it’s not as big, kids aren’t used to it. “Haunted houses” where people make their property into a scary experience for kids are a huge hit here. Parents drive their kids to go to the best ones and there’s lots of big ones you can pay to do that hire professionals. I used to beg to go to as many as possible when I was little.

I have work form 4-8 pm on halloween so I'm dressing up in my ram onsee during work

Fluffy Femme Guy

Tested my costume last night.
hoRkrQo.png

On 10/15/2018 at 3:02 AM, Graveful said:

I cannot for the life of me remember what I did last year and can’t find photographic evidence but I said yes to both. I dress up every year. This year, I’m being a gnome.

Update: I am a gnome for a work Halloween event Tuesday. I’m going to wear grey leggings, a long olive green tunic, brown boots, and a red floppy gnome hate. I’m going to do cheery earthy makeup, maybe add some freckles, and go heavy on the blush.

On Halloween itself, I’m on call for work. And I’m still recovering from the flu and will be around my baby niece. SO! I am going to wear my scrubs to give out candy, wear a surgical mask to protect my niece and the neighborhood kids, and do some mildly spooky face makeup I can easily wash off if I get called into work.

Tasha the demi squirrel
On 10/24/2018 at 1:04 AM, Graveful said:

Sorry, it just seemed odd to me. It’s so big where I’m from (US) that I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t like it. It also never occurred to me that scary might be a bad thing but perhaps where it’s not as big, kids aren’t used to it. “Haunted houses” where people make their property into a scary experience for kids are a huge hit here. Parents drive their kids to go to the best ones and there’s lots of big ones you can pay to do that hire professionals. I used to beg to go to as many as possible when I was little.

It's ok no need to apologise I understand if you've never known someone to not like Halloween it would seem strange.

Scary may not always be bad as there are kids who aren't scared but I feel sorry for the kids who are and think the killer clowns of 2016 are probably a prime example of scary going too far.

I probably should have specified I like how Halloween was celebrated when it started (from what I've heard) with the parties where games like bobing for apples are played but don't like what it's become over here 

I remember being surprised in undergrad to find university students who still went out for Halloween, since in my past eperience that was something which people quit before high school.

I was a gnome tonight for a work Halloween event.

• 1 year later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived