How do I identify my sexuality?

MayCEverdeen

I've always liked the idea of sex, but never felt the need of it or even wanted it in practice. I love cuddles but not a big fan of being kissed on the mouth, except in very rare cases. I've always been more attracted to people in a platonic sense before getting comfortable physically.

Update: After years of searching I finally found someone I am that comfortable with physically. I had sex and I enjoyed it not because of the penetration, but rather because he made the effort to pleasure me in many other ways. Although I enjoyed my time with him, I don't feel any need to do it again, unlike so many of my friends who crave it like mad. 

Does this mean that my sexuality falls in the Ace spectrum? Or am I just weird without a definition?

Celyn: The Lutening

Plenty of aces "like the idea of sex" but are indifferent or repulsed in practise, so by all means you're ace if you don't look at a person and feel "Ah yes I would actually, physically like sex with this person right now."

• Like 1
Fluffy Femme Guy

Sex-neutral and sex-positive aces are a thing.

If you don't crave/need partnered relations you're still an ace.

• Like 1

Based on what you've said, I'd say you're Asexual.
Asexuality is just a lack of Sexual Attraction.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MayCEverdeen said:

Does this mean that my sexuality falls in the Ace spectrum?

What you've written here doesn't mean that it does--but maybe.

Let me ask you this: WHEN it was happening, did you want it? Did you desire the act either before or during the time that you and the other person were having sex / going with foreplay / whatever?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...