wowowow HELLO!

mythscale

Hi folks! I'm Pri, a new member here, but I've been lurking for a couple years as an outsider. Thought I'd finally join in... I probably won't be too active of a poster, but I love getting to know more about asexuality, so I'll probably keep on lurking, ha.

I had my big "A-ha" moment about a year ago. My whole life, I'd always known I was different when it came to romance and sex. I had a sex drive and could get "turned on," but I never actually wanted to do it with anybody. In my whole life, I've only had one real romantic crush, and everything else has been somewhere in the grey. Masturbation always seemed like a foreign thing to me, and when I tried to express this to my female friends, they assured me that I just wasn't doing it right. Thing is, I never wanted to masturbate. I didn't get the point. My sexual friends go on whole tirades about their droughts and conquests, and I sympathize with them, but inside I'm just like "ha, how weird."

I was so relieved when I read up about asexuality and realized I fit it perfectly. I had felt so alienated and thought that I was just hopeless and weird, but suddenly I felt a sense of community. Of course, I also felt nervous. I had a lot of questions and anxiety about my newfound identity, so I joined an LGBT+ support group on my campus to figure things out. However, I felt even more alienated. Here were all of these strong queer folks, and not a one of them knew anything about asexuals, and some were even avoidant of me. The things they talked about, I had very little experience with. The things I talked about, they had no answers for. I ended up leaving after a semester because it was just bringing me more anxiety instead of less.

Whew! Uh, I'm very happy to meet y'all. And I love cake, so I think we'll get along just fine 🙂

giphy.gif

Welcome to AVEN!

ZWughhv.jpg

Sassy Lost Gremlin

Hi!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy this forum and find it helpful and supportive.

Image result for chocolate chip cookie cake

Hi and welcome! 🍰 I hope you love it here, it’s a wonderful community! 

Anthracite_Impreza

Welcome to AVEN :)

Hi and welcome :)

Thank you for signing up and sharing your story! AVEN is a great community full of friendly and supportive folks. I'm sure you'll like it here :)

It's unfortunate that your experience with your local LGBT+ group went down like that. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, sometimes the people just don't get along with one another.

I totally relate to your point of sympathising - it's often that I can't relate to the subject at hand, so I try to think of something that would be equally significant for me and go from there. However that's nothing you have to fear on AVEN :) there are people from all over the world, so there's someone to talk to at all times!

You probably know your way around since you've been lurking for quite some time already, but in case of questions, go right ahead and ask away!

See you soon :)

Lemon_Chiffon_Cake.jpg

Archived