Asexuality and Aromanticism Visibility/Education Drive

Alllan53

So I asked around in some ace/aro spaces about maybe doing a co-ordinated "campaign" aimed at letting people know what asexuality and aromanticism (the current thinking is there will be two "streams" with co-ordination and cross-referencing) are, and trying to dispel some of the more common myths out there. This will take the form of Internet pieces like Facebook posts and Reddit AMAs, and offline work like posters and maybe panels or speeches or something.

In order to help co-ordinate people from a range of groups and geographical areas, I put together a Discord server. The idea being people can put forward ideas, offer their thoughts on other's ideas, co-ordinate and make sure that we don't accidentally repeat myths about groups we don't really know much about (personally, I am quite not-knowledgeable about aromaticism. I accept it as valid and everything, of course, I just would really not be a good person to answer questions about it).

If you're interested in taking part in some capacity, join up! Throw in your ideas, discuss others, and see what we can do! I kind of am aiming for a "start date" of 12th of November, so get going!

Archived