How do I know I’m asexual?

AlapacaAnarchy

Have you ever wanted to have sex with anyone (for your own sexual gratification, not counting any ulterior reasons such as getting preggers or satisfying some curiosity)?

>no

Congrats, you're probably ace!

>yes

Congrats, you're probably not!

Any sort of questioning that goes beyond this is probably overthinking the matter.

• Like 5
On 10/8/2018 at 5:18 AM, AlapacaAnarchy said:

I think that I’m asexual, but I’m really confused! How did you all find out for sure that you were asexual?

I found it hard to differentiate between aesthetic and sexual attraction at first.

I found that watching pretty much every asexual related video out on YouTube really helped and also just being observant as to how allosexual seem to feel and react to things. If you don't see people as being "hot" and don't want to do anything sexual with them then you are likely asexual.

As for what aesthetic attraction is, it's the same sort of attraction that you'd have to a nice looking painting or a great looking movie or something like that. It's great to look at, but you don't want to date it or anything like that.

I knew as soon as I heard about aromanticism that I was aromantic, I hate watching romance films and TV shows and have always felt repulsed by kissing (even on the cheek). 

On 10/7/2018 at 11:55 PM, Philip027 said:

Have you ever wanted to have sex with anyone (for your own sexual gratification, not counting any ulterior reasons such as getting preggers or satisfying some curiosity)?

>no

Congrats, you're probably ace!

>yes

Congrats, you're probably not!

Any sort of questioning that goes beyond this is probably overthinking the matter.

This. Yes.