Do You Ever Considering Dating?

OstrichClaw

mashandgravy

I identify as aromantic and have never felt romantic attraction to anyone but I have had a strange desire for romance for a while now and am seriously considering dating when I get the chance (I won't be able to for the next few months). Perhaps part of it is just pining for emotional intimacy as I know my platonic relationships need serious work but I am also very interested in the trappings of romance such as dates, kissing and hand holding and would like to give them a try.

I've dated before but never seriously, never in a commited way, because I was always afraid of the consequences, aka sex. Though I enjoy some form of physical intimacy, I've always been afraid that my partners would reject me if I told them I was asexual, and so I've never truly commited to anyone.

At the moment it doesn't bother me because I am anyway not looking for anything concrete, but I would like, some day, to have a true and loving relationship, hopefully with someone who will understand my asexualty. 

Sometimes I wish that I wasn't asexual - I don't know how much of a difference it would make, but at the moment, I have the feeling that my asexualty is getting in the way of me finding a partner... I guess I still have some work to do on myself to fully accept it :) 

Squirrel Combat

I try to be out there all the time. I find dating to he more of a numbers game (and boy have the numbers stacked up). Now that I have canoodled a lady I find that my aceness is not a problem for me, for I have a mild fetish, which means I can date almost anybody I'm reasonably compatible with and is open to indulging in my fetish, which shouldn't be a tough sell.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:13 AM, Probably Alexandra said:

I identify with your situation even though i'm a girl and have been wanting a relationship for the past few years.  I guess it doesn't matter the gender, asexuality is a big stumbling block for others for some reason. I feel like as soon as someone learns I'm not interested in them for sex, they don't want to continue to build a friendship/relationship. I've never been aromantic and I've always wanted someone to share my life with and care about, but it's always been confusing to me why as soon as sex is off the table, not a single person seems to want to get to know me. I'm really sorry you feel like your asexuality is getting in the way too. I hope you find someone you connect with who accepts you for you soon.

I could have written that myself. Except probably not as eloquently. It's the "knowledge" that I will be rejected is depressing. It truly hurts that nobody wants my kind of love.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:01 AM, LucindaC said:

It truly hurts that nobody wants my kind of love.

a) I've almost completely given up hope as I have 5 years left maximum to start a family.

b) I've spent the last 2 years working on that, and it's been fairly successful. However, it's hard to deal with the knowledge that who I am as a person doesn't matter because life is apparently only about getting yr leg over.

c) never in a million years. My upbringing was abusive, not a snowballs chance in hell that I'll go through that again. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, LucindaC said:

a) I've almost completely given up hope as I have 5 years left maximum to start a family.

b) I've spent the last 2 years working on that, and it's been fairly successful. However, it's hard to deal with the knowledge that who I am as a person doesn't matter because life is apparently only about getting yr leg over.

c) never in a million years. My upbringing was abusive, not a snowballs chance in hell that I'll go through that again. 

I don't think I can date. Best way to form relationships for me, is by forming friendships first. There is 90% chance that I would love to be in relationship with a friend, compared to like  5% chance of going from dating to relationship. I am bi/panromantic and yet its not easy to find another asexual around me. I have given up on finding anyone local a long time ago. I have a better chance of finding someone long distance!

Tasha the demi squirrel
10 minutes ago, LucindaC said:

I bought a bag of donuts today. I blame you all.

😂

If you've chosen to blame everyone then you're welcome lol you've got to treat yourself 🙂

As for the question in the title....dating is complicated as I identify as Aroflux my desire to date fluctuates sometimes I have no romantic attraction or desire at all (so Aromantic) then other times I would like to be in a relationship but usually have to know someone a bit before feeling romantically attracted to them (so Demiromantic) but knowing I'll have to explain that being Demisexual means I don't have the attraction or desire to have sex without a close emotional bond and even then it's not garunteed that I'll want to have sex often if at all is daunting so it might be easier to stay single I don't know 🤷‍♀️

Archived