Survey Request: Ace Diversity

kelico

We've received the following survey request:

My name is Emma Kilian and I am writing a paper for a class about asexuality and women. I would like to collect some general data/statistics that will help me gain a better understanding as to how diverse asexuals are and a direction for some areas that may need to be better researched with regards to how women are treated. This will be done through an anonymous survey with questions such as gender identity and what region of the world participants are from. AVEN is a diverse community and I believe it is the best place for me to post the link to the survey. 

The goal of the survey is to help paint a better picture of diversity among asexuals and to show that we are not limited to certain groups or parts of the world.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me here on AVEN or through my email, kilian.gstar.2015@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Emma

Link to survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeStsf35ngSrx-_mpmo91yfDt5HMHeii5B5iRRzgETiO2EGZg/viewform?usp=sf_link

This study has been approved by the Research Approval Board.

Done - but why on earth is there a separate option for catholics? They are Christians, too!

6 minutes ago, Jona said:

Done - but why on earth is there a separate option for catholics? They are Christians, too!

Sometimes they get put into their own category. Additionally, I will be looking into specific areas of different religions and would like to see how many people religiously identify as Catholic rather than just Christian. 

30 minutes ago, Dani-Chan said:

Survey done! 😁👍

Thank you so much!

Done.

How it helps.

Whoops, I thought it was for everyone.

Survey done. Just a heads up: the Americas are actually North, Central and South America.

Louise McBear

Done the survey! Though for the religion question, it might be an idea to have an option for people who are unsure? Good luck with the paper!

Um, why are North America and South America put together? And Central America is just ignored, though you could classify that as because of the continents. I mean, Russia has its own category but Canadians are in the same category as Peruvians? 

Did the survey. Just curious.

everywhere and nowhere

So short?? 😯

When the survey says "What region of the world are you from?" does it mean: "Where were you born?" OR "Where did you grow up?" OR "Where do you currently live right now?" All of these things are different for me, and I have lived in at least three to four different continents for significant periods of time so it's very difficult to answer.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:53 PM, Jona said:

I'm a bit late, but want to contribute a bit of knowledge I have. Generally the distinction isn't Christian or Catholic, it's Protestant or Catholic. All branches have the same roots. But their belief systems, culture, and traditions have become so different that they're not extremely recognizable. They each actually have a different Bible with different numbers of books.

Archived