Worst responses to your asexuality

henrik

"You're already in one minority (being left handed) so why would you want to be in another?"

It's like why would you choose to be a black woman? :shock: OMG, what if you're a black, left-handed, transexual, asexual, lesbian woman!! What is WRONG with you?!

"You're already in one minority (being left handed) so why would you want to be in another?"

Nah, don't worry about being left handed. It's just a phase. :P

but they are possesed by the devil

Dude, more awesomeness? Must... learn... to be... awesome...

I appreciate wit. I was raised on it, after all.

I appreciate the compliment, again.

I find nothing as satisfying than turning stereotypical responses to things around. It doesn't make me a lot of friends outside groups like this, but that doesn't bother me one bit. On the contrary.

I suppose now I have to say something mean to you to balance it out? :wink:

If you wish. :lol:

rising_above_h8
"you don't know what you're talking about, you probably just haven't been with anyone good"

That's so darn annoying that we should get a moral liberty to kill anyone who says that. In a really fast and painless way, of course. We're not savages. :twisted:

"It's just a phase" is pretty awful as well. I agree Wolf and usually have the approach. I've actually had conversations that (approximately) go like:

"How can you know you wouldn't like it if you haven't tried it?" someone asks.

"How do you know that you wouldn't like stuffing ten dirty socks to your mouth?" I ask.

"What do you mean. Of course I know that I wouldn't like that."

"Oh, don't worry. It's just a phase."

I love that socks idea -- I think I'm going to use that ^o^

I sure need a good comeback, and that is just priceless!

It's like why would you choose to be a black woman? :shock: OMG, what if you're a black, left-handed, transexual, asexual, lesbian woman!! What is WRONG with you?!

lmao

omg! for a second there you had me worried but thankfully I'm a non-black ambidexterous transexual asexual pansexual thing! And I don't have type O blood either ( which happens to be the most common one where I live)! Phew. I almost had a heart attack, think of all those minorities I could have chosen to be involved with...

Just to see how open someone was I sent them a link to asexuality.org and got this response:

Yeah, I've known nuts like this existed...but these guys are ridiculous

So I ask why's that get this response:

Why? Because...it's...so...illogical.

And...it's...rather humorous to me.

Not a Slim Fanfare
Just to see how open someone was I sent them a link to asexuality.org and got this response:

Yeah, I've known nuts like this existed...but these guys are ridiculous

So I ask why's that get this response:

that would make me angry. I know people who would be like that, and then compare it with something else that they found 'illogical and humorous'--and it'd just be more ignorance on their part.

I'd think that is a very illogical thing to say. Which one is more illogical: to spend nearly all your waking hours wondering how you can get two organs to intertwine, or to spend that time thinking something worthwhile, like curing diseaces or something like that, anything really?

Illogical?? :roll:

Does this person have a problem with homosexuality too? If not, what makes asexuality less "logical" than homosexuality?

Gah, man that is ignorant... that person truly sucks.

I was rather disapointed when he gave me that response. I have had many great converstations with him over the years. He is truely intelligent, in some areas. I suppose he just doesn't like the idea of someone being anything other than heterosexual.

The worst response I've gotten was my SO's initial reaction. He was really quiet for a while, and then started stomping around the house angry, when I said I didn't understand why he was so angry about it he said:

"Loving someone for six years, and thinking they love you back only to find out that they were lying the whole time kind of makes you mad."

I don't know how he got "I don't love you" out of "I think that the reason I'm never interested in sex is that I'm asexual" but he did. Later on, after he calmed down and thought about it he apologized for flying off the handle and then started crying and asked me (with the most heartbreaking expression on his face) "Are you going to leave me for yourself?"

lmao

omg! for a second there you had me worried but thankfully I'm a non-black ambidexterous transexual asexual pansexual thing! And I don't have type O blood either ( which happens to be the most common one where I live)! Phew. I almost had a heart attack, think of all those minorities I could have chosen to be involved with...

How can you be asexual and pansexual??

Yolly :D

Not a Slim Fanfare
The worst response I've gotten was my SO's initial reaction. He was really quiet for a while, and then started stomping around the house angry, when I said I didn't understand why he was so angry about it he said:

"Loving someone for six years, and thinking they love you back only to find out that they were lying the whole time kind of makes you mad."

I don't know how he got "I don't love you" out of "I think that the reason I'm never interested in sex is that I'm asexual" but he did. Later on, after he calmed down and thought about it he apologized for flying off the handle and then started crying and asked me (with the most heartbreaking expression on his face) "Are you going to leave me for yourself?"

:( That sends chills through me just reading it--I would never want to even put myself in a situation where someone could say that to me.

"Are you going to leave me for yourself?"

I don't know if that's funny or depressing, although I suspect it's both.

...I hope you were able to reassure him on this one though.

>_<

Wow, that really sucks. I'm guessing from your description, however, that you were able to convince him that you weren't leaving him and that you did, indeed, love him?

Actually, I am a Welsh, left-handed, more-or-less vegetarian, pagan, older, asexual, lesbian woman (not black or transexual, but a girl can't have everything). Which of these are phases and when will they be over please?

Actually, I am a Welsh, left-handed, more-or-less vegetarian, pagan, older, asexual, lesbian woman (not black or transexual, but a girl can't have everything). Which of these are phases and when will they be over please?

Left-handed: When you find the right right-hand you can be happy with.

Vegetarian: 1 week.

Pagan: 5-6 years. Depends on the weather, really.

Older: 4 months.

Asexual: 74 days, 3 hours, 24 minutes and 33.2 seconds.

Lesbian: Two and a half weeks.

Hope that helps. :wink:

supergeekgirl

I know that I don't HAVE to tell people that I'm asexual (my SO doesn't tell anyone because he says that they don't need to know), but I have several close friends who are VERY sexual. They pressured me throughout high school to find a boyfriend and have sex (they're the reason I had a disasterous relationship with one of my best friends that ended because I wasn't interested in sex). Finally, I just decided to tell them that I didn't want to have sex. This is what I got from my closest friend:

"You're un-American! It's like that whole not-liking-chocolate thing. You just want to be different."

From another friend:

"I always knew you loved yourself more than anyone else."

And after I explained a bit more:

"There's nothing special about being a virgin nowadays."

My very religious grandmother was angry that I wanted to live with my SO (male) without being married. When I tried to explain our relationship, she said, "You don't really love someone unless you can't stay off of one another."

Great. So you would rather I dropped out of college and got married so that I can have sex (what she did) than live with my best friend and be happy without it?

This priceless response was on a bridal forum where I tried to get ideas for how to take the sexual traditions out of a wedding. The woman really needs to sort out her priorities:

"To tell you the truth, it offends me.... You're making a mockery of the institution of marriage."

>_<

Wow, that really sucks. I'm guessing from your description, however, that you were able to convince him that you weren't leaving him and that you did, indeed, love him?

Yeah, it didn't take much convincing, after he said that he left to cool down and while he was out he realized how ridiculous he had been and told me that he knows I love him. As for not leaving him, I told him the truth, that I do love him but things had been not so great between us for a while and if it continued like that then I didn't think it's wise for either of us to stay, he agreed with me completely.

"You just want to be different."

Ah, the good old "You just want to be different." I'm actually quite surprised this hasn't come up before. I've heard that many, many, many, many, many times. Not just because of not wanting to have sex, but because of not drinking alcohol, not wearing 'trendy' clothes, not listening to the music that are the big hit of the day, not liking blockbuster movies, not owning a television set, reading English books in the original language, liking movies that tend to be significantly older than I am, having long hair... The list goes on. And not one of this is inspired by any "want to be different". I just want to be who I am and enjoy what I enjoy, not what I'm 'supposed' to enjoy.

I've been made to suffer about it pretty much all my life, but that hasn't made me adopt the standards set by others. In fact, it made me fight back, and I was made to suffer about it even more. At which time I fought back even harder... And then I was made to suffer even more, which in turn made me fight back harder... You probably guess where this is going, right?

Stubborn? Yes, that I am. More so than it would be for my own good.

"Just wanting to be different?" Well, I really wouldn't have put up with all the suffering "just to be different."

I'm glad this came up, since I think it's pretty important point.

By the way, and completely off topic, your avatar almost made me choke to my apple juice. One of the most hilarious ones I've seen around.

Got another one...damn, I find the craziest people...

"Well, let me go ahead and tell you that I don't agree with it."

What's there to agree or disagree with? I wasn't starting a debate.

Being a vegatarian and pagan could be a phase. The older thing will continue to change. I'm afraid you're stuck with the rest :cry:

How can you be asexual and pansexual??

Pan-asexual! :D

Tangled trees

Strangely enough, the wost speech I had about my asexuality was from my former family doctor, while in my middle teens. I got everything from "You're making it up" to "You're a kid, you don't know" and the age old "You haven't met the right guy", all in one session and served with an insufferable high-and-mighty attitude because she was a doctor and I wasn't and therefore she could just disbelieve anything I said since I had no famous worldwide studies to back me up.

My mother simply changed family doctor.

Go mom go :lol:

smellincoffee

The closest I've ever come to telling anyone is telling them that dating isn't my scene. His reponse was "Oh, c'mon -- I've seen a lot goofier-looking guys than you get a girl." I have no plans on telling my parents. They're fundamenalist Christians; not exactly the most fertile soil for new ideas.

Archived