Worst responses to your asexuality

henrik

Strangely enough, the wost speech I had about my asexuality was from my former family doctor, while in my middle teens. I got everything from "You're making it up" to "You're a kid, you don't know" and the age old "You haven't met the right guy", all in one session and served with an insufferable high-and-mighty attitude because she was a doctor and I wasn't and therefore she could just disbelieve anything I said since I had no famous worldwide studies to back me up.

My mother simply changed family doctor.

Go mom go :lol:

Your mom is so cool.

Inconspicuous

from my mother:

"well the thing about sex is that the more you have it the more you want it"

"i believe there are asexual people, but i do not believe that you are one."

"i don't understand how you can be the daughter of me and your father if you don't want sex. your father and i are very sexual."

"is there something you're not telling me?"

Shortass Lady
"i don't understand how you can be the daughter of me and your father if you don't want sex. your father and i are very sexual."

Errrrm, it's ASEXUALITY you were talking about here...of course it's not going to be hereditary! :roll:

lol that doesnt make sense in genticism

One that I read

"Sexuality is a gift from god. Therefore, asexuals do not exist"

Me(thinking) "Limbs are a gift from god. Does that mean quadrapoligics(dont know the spelling) DON'T EXIST!?!?"

Oh? Well... That's a bit of a dissapointment...

*poofs out of existence*

HAH! This is just more proof that God doesn't love me! [in addition to the fact that I'm short and have had a bad knee since age 11]

So I don't know if this is a worse response or not, but I told my boyfriend about a week ago, and today he broke up with me, saying it was becuase we are going off to college and he doesn't think it will last, but we talked about that before, and didn't think it was an issue. So I don't know if telling him about AVEN was a part of it.

The hardest part is explaining to people just what asexuality is and that this GUY is actually asexual. My mom's boyfriend still thinks I'm a sex-crazed guy (he doesn't believe in asexuality and he thinks he needs to give me the sex talk more than once... what part of "I don't want sex!" doesn't he understand?!) A police officer accused me of having sex in a van when I was just cuddling with my then-girlfriend (he said "Well, you know that it leads to sex" and I'm thinking "I don't want sex!") Until I came here, I didn't know there was a word for it, but explaining it is still really hard because the sexual knuckleheads STILL don't believe it...

"It's not a sin as long as you don't act on your asexual orientation."
Nah, it's not a sin to not have sex--but that line is so funny! :lol:
So I don't know if this is a worse response or not, but I told my boyfriend about a week ago, and today he broke up with me, saying it was becuase we are going off to college and he doesn't think it will last, but we talked about that before, and didn't think it was an issue. So I don't know if telling him about AVEN was a part of it.
Awwww, I'm so sorry to see that happen. It happened to me too just last week: my girlfriend broke up with me because she couldn't tolerate the fact that I'd never have any desire to have sex with her. It sucks, doesn't it? :cry:
  • 1 month later...

the worst comments on my asexuality have been "ur heartless" in a acusing voice, "ur afraid of love" in a i kno all voice, and "you will grow into it" in a condecending voice

Oh? Well... That's a bit of a dissapointment...

*poofs out of existence*

AAAaaaaahhhh........I am fading out of existance...

WhosScruffyLookin

I've only told a few close friends. I told a few others and they just didn't plain believe me.

But considering the responses most of my asexual friends on this forum have gotten, I won't be telling many more.

About 6 weeks ago, when I hauled into a disciplinary hearing at my (former) job, the manager conducting the hearing started talking about my website and its intentions. I said it was just a personal diary. Then he pulled out a printout of this page and asked me what I meant by it.

Apparently, among other things, the 'Vicky' person had said during her interview on my disciplinary matter that I shouldn't have told her about asexuality (the fact that she told me things about her sex life which I didn't want to know was not mentioned). Then the manager said that talking about asexuality to someone could be construed as harassment. That was one of three things that got me sacked (along with pretending to take a photo of 'Vicky' and looking at her 'too long' the day after, or so she was told, the following - which was termed 'serious harassment')

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that the manager only read and printed out that page. From what he read about, he must have decided that he didn't want me working for his company any more, despite my excellent appraisal in May and the clean disciplinary record after nearly 10 years. I have no way of proving this, but I have strong suspicions.[/url]

Hm… I suppose the usual disbelief is the worst response I have gotten so far (you know, asexuals were abused as children, have problems with the hormones and such). I have also noticed that the disbelief response does not occur if I omit the term “asexual”. For some reason people automatically do not hear anything you say after the use of that word. So if I want to tell somebody about asexuality I first give the definition and then at the end of the conversation I use the term “asexual”. Though, I have “came out” only to about 4 people so far, and the circle of people I am in contact with are, it would seem, extremely open minded so the lack of negative response might be due to that and not to my “ingenious” method of breaching the asexuality subject.

Well… I seem to be pretty solid for something that does not exist… 8)

One that I read

Me(thinking) "Limbs are a gift from god. Does that mean quadrapoligics(dont know the spelling) DON'T EXIST!?!?"

Something I've thought for a while. Same goes for any ability of the human body, for example the ability to speak, see, hear, feel; as well as faculties of the mind.

ok this is my worst so far and it happened very recently

my close friend that is very dear to me and i love very much has been having problems with their own love life. but my friend when i asked what was wrong said "ur asexual, u would never understand" in a distancing cold tone. now that hurt. just couse im asexual doesnt mean i cant love. i love my friend to death. :cry:

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that the manager only read and printed out that page. From what he read about, he must have decided that he didn't want me working for his company any more, despite my excellent appraisal in May and the clean disciplinary record after nearly 10 years. I have no way of proving this, but I have strong suspicions.[/url]

OMG Welcome (unfortunately) to the world of sexual discrimination. Sue the bastard!

That's really unfair :?

But, then again, in school we're always being told to watch what we put online, because anyone-- future colleges, future jobs, whoever-- can see it and that might not be such a good idea.

But, seriously, your boss was just... blah. *throws darts at him*

• 3 years later...

I've had a few people say "Aww, that must suck :(" and one person, upon me attempting to explain that I'm homo-romantic, said "So you like women?" "yes" "ah, maybe you'll like men some day too :) "

Yeah, ladies and gents, being gay is a personal evolutionary stage towards being hetero, you heard it here first ;)

For some reason one of my friends is just convinced that I'm a lesbian or something, because I always think that sex scenes and movies are stupid... Because they usually are very out of place and obnoxious, and I just don't react to the same things other girls do, I don't know how that would make me a lesbian, but it's best not to question some people's logic.

"*wide eyed* You can reproduce asexually?"

...Yes. Yes I can.

LMAO

this entire thread is one of the funniest/twisted things on this site

This happened exactly 42 days ago

He who shall not be named "Haha dude your fucking broken, your mum should get a refund"...

Hit im in the head with a barstool... 3 times (12 stitches! well if your gonna phsyc out do it properly :wacko: ) $1,500 fine for assult........

But on the bright side i seriously doubt anyone i know is stupid enough to call me broken again bit of a touchy subject still coming into the whole theres other people liek me and im not alone thing.... why cant the world just accept the fact already and get it over with.

He who shall not be named "Haha dude your fucking broken, your mum should get a refund"...

Hit im in the head with a barstool... 3 times (12 stitches! well if your gonna phsyc out do it properly :wacko: ) $1,500 fine for assult........

Is it sad that I found this hysterically funny. Also, something I might do........................... :rolleyes: :twisted:

One that I read

lololol

Archived