119 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Cake
    • Sex
  2. 2. Which would you prefer?

• Having sex
    • Being denied cake

This poll is closed to new votes

As an aromantic asexual, being denied cake is easy. As a diabetic being denied cake is easy 

Celyn: The Lutening

1) Cake every time

2) Is this someone I'm in love with (demisexual here so if it is - sex and cake, win-win.)? Is it a one-time denial or permanently (once-off sex when not interested to avoid a cake-less life would be worth it). Will the cake I had already be taken off me if I refuse sex, or am I just told "You're not getting any cake."? (If the second, well fine, I'll buy my own cake. If the first, I'll probably still refuse sex, but this time with a knife to protect my cake). Is it a cake I like, like orange-poppyseed or madeira, or one I'm not crazy about, like carrot cake or anything with jam in the middle?

There are way too many variables in this equation for me to be able to answer.

On 10/14/2018 at 3:19 PM, Nowhere Girl said:

I pleasure myself because I enjoy this feeling despite rather bland orgasms, not because I feel that I "have to do it". 

I think there can be something mildly enjoyable about it, but that something is mixed in with lots of inconvenience and unpleasantness. As a whole, I'd rather do without. Stretching a single finger, or yawning, or even pooping, are all at least as pleasurable as sex (partnered or otherwise) and much more convenient too.

Unfortunately, if I go too long without, I get this feeling of impaired brain function, like not being able to get out of bed in the morning, which is really a problem when I'm trying to do stuff, or think, or just enjoy existing. Impaired consciousness. Fits of idiocy. It sucks.

I suppose that a similar formulation could be presented say by asking heterosexual males whether they'd rather have sex with other males or be denied cake. I strongly suspect that most would prefer to be denied cake.

• 1 year later...

@Nowhere Girl

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived