1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Cake
    • Sex
  2. 2. Which would you prefer?

• Having sex
    • Being denied cake

This poll is closed to new votes

everywhere and nowhere

Obviously it's a not very serious poll, but it comes from my genuine discontent. You know... the idea itself that someone may prefer [insert food item] to sex is well known: the asexual cake symbolics, the widespread idea that "most women prefer chocolate to sex"... And yet whenever I find - equally non-serious - polls about it, they all assume that people like sex, but may prefer some tasty food.

For us it's different, particularly for the sex-averse among us. Hence the second question: I not only obviously prefer cake to sex, but would also prefer to be denied cake than to have sex. So for me "cake or sex" is not a question of pleasure vs. pleasure, which makes standard questions with this theme, designed for allosexuals, completely miss the point.

I suppose I'd prefer being denied cake. It probably wouldn't affect me much emotionally, whereas the idea of having sex is scary.

Purple Pumpkin

I'd rather be denied the cake. The idea of me having sex seriously freaks me out in ways I can't even describe. 

Grumpy Alien

What kind of cake and sex with who? 

Duke Memphis

I consider cheesecake a pie rather than a true cake, so there's a loophole.

I would prefer the cake but if she can wait until we truly know and  trust each other, I would share my cake with a new friend

I'll take the cake denial. Not actually sex-repulsed, but this sounds like nothing (no cake) vs waste of time (sex).

I'd rather use my time better and do my laundry or whatever xD

GiveMeBurritos

I'd rather have cake any day and then be denied it instead of having sex. I think this is an easy question to answer for most on here. Plus if I get denied cake, then I'll just get myself a burrito. 

Anthracite_Impreza

I deny myself cake anyway, my inner sugar-vampire cannot be sated once it's started.

Taylor Lilith

this is a hard question to answer.  Just looking at those polls evidently it being rough to answer is an unpopular opinion O.o.

Okay, so the question is kind of like...would it be worth it to have sex if I could get cake afterwards rather than to have no cake at all? Yeah, I enjoy cake, but...I'd still take the no sex even if it meant no cake about 98% of the time. 

Can I have cinnamon rolls instead?

Ms. Carolynne

So basically the second question is whether one would whore their self out for cake? 😝

In fairness to question 2, I could do with being denied cake more :d

Perfectly Pointless

I'd rather have cake than sex, but I enjoy both (I'm ace, but by no means sex repulsed) and so would definitely have sex if it meant I got to continue eating cake. I'd take a guess that I'm probably in the minority on this one, though! 😂

That said, gluten free cake isn't anywhere near as good as the proper stuff, so that could explain it!

21 hours ago, Perfectly Pointless said:

That said, gluten free cake isn't anywhere near as good as the proper stuff, so that could explain it!

I can make a very good gluten free chocolate cake! From a packet mix... from Tescos...

And I think I'd rather be denied cake, I tend to get more enjoyment from savoury food anyways 

Perfectly Pointless
5 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

I can make a very good gluten free chocolate cake! From a packet mix... from Tescos...

To be honest, that's about the extent of my baking skills, too, lol. Some of it isn't too bad, and those packet mixes are actually pretty good tbh. My aunt also makes a very good gluten free brownie. It's the bread that makes me feel sick, it's pretty grim stuff 🤢

J. van Deijck

neither. 

everywhere and nowhere
3 hours ago, Antihero. said:

Why does question two make me think about two guys fucking while eating cake and one of them denying the other the cake?
Either this poll is weird or it's my mind and its random associations… Nah, it’s definitely that poll  :P

Telepathy? ;) As you may know, I'm sex-averse myself (so I'd not only prefer cake to sex, but I'd also prefer being denied cake), but I'm also autochorissexual and I enjoy imagining gay sex.

Would you be permanently denied cake? Or is this a one-time trade-off?

everywhere and nowhere
8 hours ago, Aebt said:

Would you be permanently denied cake? Or is this a one-time trade-off?

I think that I would prefer even being permanently denied cake to having sex.

everywhere and nowhere

Autochorissexuality is about a disconnect with one's sexuality. It's perhaps best explained in terms of one phenomenon very typical for autochorissexual people: having erotic fantasies in third person. I only have fantasies in third person - trying to imagine myself having sex feels very distressing, I don't even want to attempt it because it's very unpleasant. But I don't have a generalised repulsion to anything sexual and I can enjoy imagining sex - as long as I'm not involved in any way.

Perhaps prefering gay fantasies also has something to do with my sex aversion - I mean, it's the furthest from anything related to myself. I "could" have lesbian or straight sex in the meaning that it's not physically impossible (and only in this meaning because I essentially can't imagine myself being able to consent to sex) - but I couldn't have gay sex for the simple reason that I'm not a man.

Interesting question.

Cake is the most disgusting desert I know of, but it's still very mildly enjoyable and provides some calories, however cheap and unhealthy, so of course I prefer it to sex.

Sex for me is a bodily discomfort, a meaningless pain caused by hormonal cycles that I don't have any use for. Obviously I'd prefer cake, a pleasure, to sex, a pain.

Having sex is a temporary relief from the useless pain that is sex, although having sex is itself inconvenient. It is itself a pain. It is the removal of a pain, but at the cost of pain.

Being denied cake is having a mild pleasure which I never needed taken away from me. It is the removal of a pleasure, but at no additional cost.

So, I guess if my libido had been building up for a while, and if the sex could be of the best quality (alone, quick, minimal effort, etc), then having sex would be a low cost removal of a high pain, which I would prefer to the denial of a trivial pleasure. However, if having sex is going to take time or effort or otherwise be inconvenient, or if there's not much of a libido built up anyway, then I would prefer being denied cake. The later scenario is more often the case.

So, most of the time, given the choice, I would prefer to be denied cake.

everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, S---y said:

So, I guess if my libido had been building up for a while, and if the sex could be of the best quality (alone, quick, minimal effort, etc), then having sex would be a low cost removal of a high pain, which I would prefer to the denial of a trivial pleasure.

Hey, self-pleasuring and partnered sex is not the same! I disagree with some asexual radicals ;) who say that there's nothing sexual about self-pleasuring apart from dealing with the same body parts, but I also think that why it obviously IS a sexual activity, it ISN'T sex. I'm intensely averse to the idea of personally having sex, but only moderately disgusted by sefl-pleasuring.

I would also never say that I have "urges". I pleasure myself because I enjoy this feeling despite rather bland orgasms, not because I feel that I "have to do it".

Archived