Sexual rights!

No longer active

No longer active

I'm curious if anyone else feels very strongly about sexual right despite their own lack of sexual desire? For example, I actually cried tears of joy when the supreme court struck down anti-gay sex laws in Lawrence v. Texas (2003), strongly support birth control and comprehensive sex education, and hate the conflicting messages American culture gives women (if we don't want sex, we're prudes, if we do, we're whores).

10 minutes ago, Little Bear said:

Of course! I support how other people identify and everyone should be able to live as they are without judgement. :) 

I second this!

Even before I found out I'm ace, back when I was starting to find myself, I thought, "If people love each other enough, why shouldn't they be together and marry each other? Isn't marriage a celebration of love?" when people brought this topic up.

Yes, I believe you should be allowed to live your life however you want as long as you’re not harming anyone else. 

everywhere and nowhere

I'm absolutely pro-LGBT. But I don't identify as sex-positive for a few reasons: I don't think that sex has any intrinsic value outside of a context, I believe that patriarchy and compulsory sexuality both lead to more unwanted sex and so first we should fight them and dismantle sexual assumptions - only then will people be able to make truly free choices about their sexuality.

I'm sexual, so my opinion may not count here, but I am strongly in favor of sexual rights for all people who want to engage in, or not engage in, any form of consensual sexual activity or become part of any consensual relationship, even if those activities / relationships have no interest to me personally. 

Archived