Scary Stories?

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

An_Ace_Of_Hearts

I've always been a fan of scary stories and stuff :P  I haven't seen any other posts on this topic so...

This post will be for those who have such stories to tell, whether it be about the supernatural, scary experiences, or stories you've heard from others! You are also free to share legends you've heard of from around the world. I feel like that would be pretty interesting!

All I ask is that you give warnings if what you post is graphic in any way, things like that ^^;;

I don't really have any stories of my own to share (none that I can remember, anyway) so I'm not sure how this is gonna go .-. But feel free to share ^^

Here's the scariest one I can think of currently. 

Spoiler

53c3573c66550.jpeg

I have some other ones I'll try to remember to actually write down

I'd have to go with this. Spoilered so you can choose whether you want to be traumatised or not.

latest?cb=20180402183801

I'm a silly person and I enjoy watching YouTube videos by such people as Slapped Ham, Nuke's Top 5, and mono tonal Chills. Most of the videos they do are about ghosts and other phenomenon caught on camera type videos, but the ones which get me are the videos which feature people's personal security cameras - both inside and outside. The prowlers who stalk the house. The people who just walk in and steal stuff while the owners are asleep. People living in crawl spaces (or a basement apartment even). They make me wonder just who (or what) is roaming outside of my house at night or even in the day time when no one's home. Those are truly scary stories and a good lesson in taking one's basic home security seriously (at the least, lock the doors even when you're inside).

One story that scared me as a kid was that of Bloody Mary - which I heard for the first time when I was about 7 or 8, ca. 1977-78. This one girl who was in her early-mid teens had a rather mean streak (and, I suspect she was not a very happy person for a variety of reasons) and took joy in scaring little kids like me and my sister. She claimed she could call up Bloody Mary and send her through the mirrors to other people's rooms to hurt them with her long, sharp, fingernails. I have always had a fairly active imagination, so this idea gave me nightmares for quite a while, until nothing happened, of course. However, I still don't put mirrors in the bedroom and if I go into the bathroom at night, I'm careful not to look - I really don't want to see something there.

Curious fact I've found: Bloody Mary is generational. Ask anyone of the Boomers you may know if they've ever heard of the this particular specter and the more than likely have never heard of her. Or, at least, that's been my experience so far.

I have a few “Let’s not meet” type of stories.

- I worked at a gas station in the seedy part of town when I was 18. I’m pretty sure at least a few of my customers were pimps and sex workers. Had other customers who were clearly strung out on drugs. One time a lady with really crazy looking hair went up to the window next to me and started cackling like a witch, and that lady also, according to a few of my other customers, was going around asking people to exchange sexual acts for money.

-One time when I was walking home from class when I was in college some guy tried to get me in his car. First he asked me for my name and asked me to get in his car. That in itself wasn’t really scary since I’ve had a few other guys ask me if I wanted a ride while I was out walking(not sure why though, do some people actually accept rides from random strangers except for stuff like Uber and taxis, is that a thing? lol), but they would just drive away after I told them no thanks the first time. This guy wouldn’t take no for an answer and kept asking me. Finally he just yelled all angry sounding “Get in!” and I yelled back “No!”. He finally got the idea that I wasn’t getting in his damn car and drove away, but I still looked over my shoulder the rest of my way home to make sure he wasn’t following me.

27 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

-One time when I was walking home from class when I was in college some guy tried to get me in his car. First he asked me for my name and asked me to get in his car. That in itself wasn’t really scary since I’ve had a few other guys ask me if I wanted a ride while I was out walking(not sure why though, do some people actually accept rides from random strangers except for stuff like Uber and taxis, is that a thing? lol), but they would just drive away after I told them no thanks the first time. This guy wouldn’t take no for an answer and kept asking me. Finally he just yelled all angry sounding “Get in!” and I yelled back “No!”. He finally got the idea that I wasn’t getting in his damn car and drove away, but I still looked over my shoulder the rest of my way home to make sure he wasn’t following me.

Wow. That is worrisome. I'm glad he didn't try to force the issue, but that's not a situation I would want anyone in. It could have gone a very different way. 😐

There's a building about five minutes walking distance from my house and like my house it was one of the first buildings on the mountain. It was originally a brothel and my old neighbor remembers how her parents wouldn't let her near there despite all the brothel kids she wanted to play and be friends with.

It later became a restaurant called Poplar Lodge and my older brother worked there for years. He said it was the most haunted building ever! I can ask any employee and they'll say the same thing.

My brother had experiences like seeing women run up the stairs into rooms, things rearranging themselves including walking out of the kitchen for a minute, hearing dishes moving and when running back in dishes would be scattered or stacked differently. He said the one thing no employee did was go into the freezer by themselves because children laughed around you and whispered "come play with us" in your ears, so nobody felt safe in the freezer. There were other things too but that's all I can think of now. The restaurant closed years ago and is currently for sale, has been for years. But whenever I walk by it, it just gives off bad vibes, somethings not right in that place.

Aria Ravenclaw
19 hours ago, Jade Cross said:

My story definately taught me never to ride with strangers again.

It happened when I was on my way to work at one of my previous jobs. At that time, I had no car so I had to takes buses and walk a good 30-45 min to get there from the last station. A guy pulls over and asks me if I know how he could reach a store as he was new to the area and lost. I tell him "sure just keep going this way and you should be there in about 5 minutes" The guy thanks me and asks if I was heading that same way. I say I am and he offers me a ride to return the favor for the directions

At the time, I didnt see anything wrong given the situation, plus it was not uncommon for people to offer me  rides since I pretty much had to walk everwhere. So I get in and the guy starts driving. About a minute into the ride, the guy starts getting a little frisky, too touchy feelly which instantly sent the warning signal in my head. I tried to keep it cool but I was ready to swing the guy if he attempted anything and was paying close attention to his movements. After he arrives at the intersection where the store was, I get off, telling him I was close enough and kept my eyes on him the whlle time. The guy did a U turn and sped off in the opposite direction.

Geez glad you're safe, that seems like a horrible position to be in X_X

On 9/25/2018 at 6:07 PM, Jade Cross said:

It happened when I was on my way to work at one of my previous jobs. At that time, I had no car so I had to takes buses and walk a good 30-45 min to get there from the last station. A guy pulls over and asks me if I know how he could reach a store as he was new to the area and lost. I tell him "sure just keep going this way and you should be there in about 5 minutes" The guy thanks me and asks if I was heading that same way. I say I am and he offers me a ride to return the favor for the directions

At the time, I didnt see anything wrong given the situation, plus it was not uncommon for people to offer me  rides since I pretty much had to walk everwhere. So I get in and the guy starts driving. About a minute into the ride, the guy starts getting a little frisky, too touchy feelly which instantly sent the warning signal in my head. I tried to keep it cool but I was ready to swing the guy if he attempted anything and was paying close attention to his movements. After he arrives at the intersection where the store was, I get off, telling him I was close enough and kept my eyes on him the whlle time. The guy did a U turn and sped off in the opposite direction.

I'm glad you made it to safety.

An_Ace_Of_Hearts
On 9/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Jade Cross said:

That sounds terrifying O_O;;

I honestly don't know what I'd do in a situation like that. I'm a very small person, don't really know how to defend myself, and wouldn't have been able to think rationally. I'm really glad you were able to get out of that situation!

Several years ago, I was walking around my block and had my headphones on. I saw a man slow down as he drove past me and he yelled something out the window, but I couldn't hear what. Anyway, he proceeded to circle around my block two more times and that's when I really got scared. He parked is car on my side of the road, towards where I was walking. My house was all the way on the other end of the block so I did the first thing I could, I stopped by a telephone pole, trying to conceal my phone and called my brother. He was there to pick me up within a minute. When I was getting in his car, there were two other creeps walking towards my side of the road, coming from a known drug house. They gave me the finger when my brother drove away. 

Because of this incident, I never go out walking by myself and avoid going places alone. 

The better part of two decades ago my Aunt volunteered at the Field Museum in Chicago. She had been there for a good while and then one day stops volunteering as her schedule started filling up.

One evening returning to her small apartment from work she found a scrap of paper sitting on her floor, not too far from the door. She picked it up, not sure if it had fallen out of her purse or if someone had pushed it under the door. It read, "You have sentenced me to death, and I am to be my own judge, jury, and executioner."

She called up her friends asking if they wrote the message. They told her that they didn't and said that she should call the police, which she did. There wasn't much to go off of so they weren't able to find who wrote it. The only connection to go off of was that it was written on a brochure from the Field Museum.

secretagentpenguin

If you want to read a novel, proceed and read this story that scared me out of my mind when I experienced it:

I was trying to kill myself and instead ended up in the mental hospital last year around this time. I had never been in a mental hospital before, but it was just like how it is portrayed in scary movies. Fights broke out constantly, nobody felt listened to or understood by staff, and several people were literally convinced that they were possessed by Satan and would scream in demonic voices all day and night. I was definitely nervous because I was not used to being in that kind of situation, but I figured that in some ways I probably was more unsettling than anybody else there.

Something that many people were not too keen about was the fact that unless the patient was violent, all of us had to have one roommate. I got lucky and was paired with a girl my age who was admitted for similar reasons as I was. We clicked instantly and stayed near eachother all the time during our stay. A couple days in, this man who was at least 13 years older than I was (I was 21) approached us and asked to be our friends. Both my roommate and I are pretty sociable, so we let him sit with us in the dining area. Almost immediately he asked me if I had a boyfriend. As anybody would be, I was very creeped out. I couldn’t control my discomfort, and a lot of it clearly slipped into my voice as I told him, “No...” 

He then asked me flirtatiously, “Do you want one?” 

I laughed straight in his face and told him that I certainly didn’t (As many of you can guess by the fact that I am posting here, I am on the ace spectrum.). Most people would stop hitting on a poor, random stranger at that point, but this guy didn’t. For the next few days he always made me sit next to him whenever we had free time and constantly let me know how pretty I was. I felt really creeped out because instead of seeming nice, he seemed really possessive over me and felt the need to closely monitor my actions. I told my roommate that I felt scared of him, but she didn’t seem to understand why. At that point I started to wonder if all the weird behaviors I kept noticing from him were all in my head, and he continued to hang out with us. 

The very last day of his stay, all three of us were sitting in the dining area having breakfast, when all of a sudden he says, “God, I am so sick of being around retards.”

Words can not describe how shocked I was when I heard him say this. Everyone staying in the mental hospital since I had arrived had all ended up being super nice. Even the people who were convinced they were possessed by Satan ended up being super sweet and friendly people. Nobody in the unit even remotely fit that description. As I opened my mouth to ask what on Earth had made him say such an awful thing, we made eye contact. In the moment our eyes met, I lost my ability to speak. There was no remorse in his eyes whatsoever. I distinctly felt that the person looking back at me wasn’t even human, but a psycopath. It made my blood run cold. He proceeded to then go off about some nonsense where he doesn’t allow people to make dumb mistakes. He literally said that if somebody were to get in a car accident with him, ‬he would kill them. Not just beat them up, but beat them until they died.

I felt like anything I said in that moment could set him off. I chose my next words carefully. Terrified, but still trying not to show it, I told him, “It is good to express ourselves sometimes.” What kind of response was that? Nobody would say that, but it was all that I could manage to think up on the spot. 

Mortified, my roommate and I quickly finished up breakfast and got the heck out of there. Back in our room, I immediately silent screamed, “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED?”

She breathed a sigh of relief and said, “I thought that you didn’t care about what he just said! You were faking it?!?” She asked, refering to my composure. I then proceeded to tell her exactly what I told you above about how crazy this guy was. When she heard me remark about how the first thing that he literally said to me was if I was single and wanted to date him, she revealed to me that she had apparently not even heard him say that when he said it. She had been watching the TV. Just because she had missed that first interaction, she had no idea what a creep he was being to me the entire time. She thought he was a great person until that moment at breakfast.

As we were freaking out, another guy that I had made friends with there came up to talk to us. He had apparently been listening in to as many conversations as he could when that guy was involved, and after what this weirdo said at breakfast, he decided that it time to finally tell us something that I will never be able to forget. He told us that he had once stayed with the creepy guy in the same group home, and a couple years before, the creepy guy had been arrested for trying to force a woman into her own van, kidnapping her, and assumably afterwards attempting to kill her. He didn’t know if the creepy guy was “better” or not, so he decided not to say anything until that moment. Our minds were blown.

Understandably, my roommate and I stayed far away from the creepy guy. Right before the creepy guy left the mental hospital for good though, he managed to talk to me long enough to ask if he could braid my hair (which I declined), hugged me (which isn’t allowed in a mental hospital as no contact between patients is allowed), and told me that he would be visiting me very soon. 

As soon as he was gone, my roommate and I told every staff member we could to keep that man as far away from us as possible and to never let him visit. We both were discharged a week after, and I returned to my life as normal, forgetting about the guy. However, he was forced right back into my mind about six months later while at work at my job at the animal shelter when my coworker asked me what had happened between me and the guy who arrived at the shelter to ask me out. I had no idea what she was talking about, which made us both intensely confused. She then proceeded to tell me this story about a man who sounded a lot like the creepy guy from the hospital who had arrived shortly after I had come back to work from the hospital and had asked her about me. She is smart thankfully and refused to tell him anything about me, but he did run through a couple really stupid sounding cat-themed pickup lines  with her and asked her if she thought I would like them, to which she immediately confirmed that no, I would hate them.

I was astonished and freaked out. This guy had somehow managed to find out where I had worked and tried to come find me. I had mentioned the animal shelter a couple of times to my roommate, but I didn’t remember saying anything to him about it. Maybe he had come back again after talking to my coworker that day, but I had gone on medical leave to treat my mental health problems only a couple weeks after I came back to work, so I wouldn’t have been there. Did he attempt to look for me but not find me because I happened to leave for three months? Did he assume I moved on from that job? If so, that is the most fortunate coincidence I have ever experienced. Last month, I think I saw him at the bus stop, but we didn’t talk and I was watching from a distance, so I can’t be sure. Whatever the case, I am sure he is onto stalking some other poor woman. God bless whoever she may be.

An_Ace_Of_Hearts
9 hours ago, secretagentpenguin said:

If you want to read a novel, proceed and read this story that scared me out of my mind when I experienced it:

I was trying to kill myself and instead ended up in the mental hospital last year around this time. I had never been in a mental hospital before, but it was just like how it is portrayed in scary movies. Fights broke out constantly, nobody felt listened to or understood by staff, and several people were literally convinced that they were possessed by Satan and would scream in demonic voices all day and night. I was definitely nervous because I was not used to being in that kind of situation, but I figured that in some ways I probably was more unsettling than anybody else there.

Something that many people were not too keen about was the fact that unless the patient was violent, all of us had to have one roommate. I got lucky and was paired with a girl my age who was admitted for similar reasons as I was. We clicked instantly and stayed near eachother all the time during our stay. A couple days in, this man who was at least 13 years older than I was (I was 21) approached us and asked to be our friends. Both my roommate and I are pretty sociable, so we let him sit with us in the dining area. Almost immediately he asked me if I had a boyfriend. As anybody would be, I was very creeped out. I couldn’t control my discomfort, and a lot of it clearly slipped into my voice as I told him, “No...” 

He then asked me flirtatiously, “Do you want one?” 

I laughed straight in his face and told him that I certainly didn’t (As many of you can guess by the fact that I am posting here, I am on the ace spectrum.). Most people would stop hitting on a poor, random stranger at that point, but this guy didn’t. For the next few days he always made me sit next to him whenever we had free time and constantly let me know how pretty I was. I felt really creeped out because instead of seeming nice, he seemed really possessive over me and felt the need to closely monitor my actions. I told my roommate that I felt scared of him, but she didn’t seem to understand why. At that point I started to wonder if all the weird behaviors I kept noticing from him were all in my head, and he continued to hang out with us. 

The very last day of his stay, all three of us were sitting in the dining area having breakfast, when all of a sudden he says, “God, I am so sick of being around retards.”

Words can not describe how shocked I was when I heard him say this. Everyone staying in the mental hospital since I had arrived had all ended up being super nice. Even the people who were convinced they were possessed by Satan ended up being super sweet and friendly people. Nobody in the unit even remotely fit that description. As I opened my mouth to ask what on Earth had made him say such an awful thing, we made eye contact. In the moment our eyes met, I lost my ability to speak. There was no remorse in his eyes whatsoever. I distinctly felt that the person looking back at me wasn’t even human, but a psycopath. It made my blood run cold. He proceeded to then go off about some nonsense where he doesn’t allow people to make dumb mistakes. He literally said that if somebody were to get in a car accident with him, ‬he would kill them. Not just beat them up, but beat them until they died.

I felt like anything I said in that moment could set him off. I chose my next words carefully. Terrified, but still trying not to show it, I told him, “It is good to express ourselves sometimes.” What kind of response was that? Nobody would say that, but it was all that I could manage to think up on the spot. 

Mortified, my roommate and I quickly finished up breakfast and got the heck out of there. Back in our room, I immediately silent screamed, “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED?”

She breathed a sigh of relief and said, “I thought that you didn’t care about what he just said! You were faking it?!?” She asked, refering to my composure. I then proceeded to tell her exactly what I told you above about how crazy this guy was. When she heard me remark about how the first thing that he literally said to me was if I was single and wanted to date him, she revealed to me that she had apparently not even heard him say that when he said it. She had been watching the TV. Just because she had missed that first interaction, she had no idea what a creep he was being to me the entire time. She thought he was a great person until that moment at breakfast.

As we were freaking out, another guy that I had made friends with there came up to talk to us. He had apparently been listening in to as many conversations as he could when that guy was involved, and after what this weirdo said at breakfast, he decided that it time to finally tell us something that I will never be able to forget. He told us that he had once stayed with the creepy guy in the same group home, and a couple years before, the creepy guy had been arrested for trying to force a woman into her own van, kidnapping her, and assumably afterwards attempting to kill her. He didn’t know if the creepy guy was “better” or not, so he decided not to say anything until that moment. Our minds were blown.

Understandably, my roommate and I stayed far away from the creepy guy. Right before the creepy guy left the mental hospital for good though, he managed to talk to me long enough to ask if he could braid my hair (which I declined), hugged me (which isn’t allowed in a mental hospital as no contact between patients is allowed), and told me that he would be visiting me very soon. 

As soon as he was gone, my roommate and I told every staff member we could to keep that man as far away from us as possible and to never let him visit. We both were discharged a week after, and I returned to my life as normal, forgetting about the guy. However, he was forced right back into my mind about six months later while at work at my job at the animal shelter when my coworker asked me what had happened between me and the guy who arrived at the shelter to ask me out. I had no idea what she was talking about, which made us both intensely confused. She then proceeded to tell me this story about a man who sounded a lot like the creepy guy from the hospital who had arrived shortly after I had come back to work from the hospital and had asked her about me. She is smart thankfully and refused to tell him anything about me, but he did run through a couple really stupid sounding cat-themed pickup lines  with her and asked her if she thought I would like them, to which she immediately confirmed that no, I would hate them.

I was astonished and freaked out. This guy had somehow managed to find out where I had worked and tried to come find me. I had mentioned the animal shelter a couple of times to my roommate, but I didn’t remember saying anything to him about it. Maybe he had come back again after talking to my coworker that day, but I had gone on medical leave to treat my mental health problems only a couple weeks after I came back to work, so I wouldn’t have been there. Did he attempt to look for me but not find me because I happened to leave for three months? Did he assume I moved on from that job? If so, that is the most fortunate coincidence I have ever experienced. Last month, I think I saw him at the bus stop, but we didn’t talk and I was watching from a distance, so I can’t be sure. Whatever the case, I am sure he is onto stalking some other poor woman. God bless whoever she may be.

This is extremely chilling. I can't even imagine how you must have felt. I'm glad you're safe and hope you're doing well now!

Archived