Telltale Games is Over

NerotheReaper

Some people might have heard of the game company known as Telltale. It was on Friday when Telltale announced they were letting most of their staff go. This means any games in the works are cancelled. Any planned games, they will never see the light of day. Telltale was a company that made stories that were very story centered. Forget Fortnite, these games wanted to tell a story. 

Last month they released the first episode of the final season of Walking Dead. They have been building this up for years, now this game is probably not going to be finished. Or at least not finished faithfully. They will be releasing the second episode tomorrow 9/25, and that very well could be it. No final conclusion, as fans know every episode ends on a cliffhanger.

What are your thoughts on this? 

For a more detailed article on this:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-latest-on-the-telltale-games-closure/1100-6461976/

I saw. I'm pretty upset, even though I didn't play the walking dead personally I've watched them and gotten really invested in the story. I was looking forward to seeing what happens to Clementine, but now sadly we'll probably never know.

I liked the idea of telltale games as I love story driven games, so it's disappointing to see that they couldn't continue on and improve. Hopefully everyone who was laid off finds a new job soon.

That’s a real shame.  I never tried “Walking Dead,” but I really enjoyed the new “Monkey Island” game and “Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People.”

I was looking forward to The Wolf Among Us 2. I had read the Fables comic before the game came out and had to try the game when I saw it, so that's how I first got into Telltale Games. It's sad that they're closing, but at least the workers that got laid off should have good prospects for work based off of the studio's reputation.

Well looking back on their history it doesn't seem like their closure came out of nowhere. They were working on too many projects that used the same formula again and again. Employees were being horribly overworked and customers were starting to get tired of playing so many games with identical gameplay over and over. Multiple lead developers had also already left the company because they were being constantly burnt out. Maybe if they had paced themselves better and given themselves more time to diversify their games they would have kept going.

I can't say I'm sad to see them go, considering how poorly they treated their employees. And to top it all of their former employees were let go without severance pay. Talk about awful.

Archived