What if it really is just a phase?

Proud_And_Loud

Proud_And_Loud

This question has been pondering my mind lately.

I've had a friend who found out that their sexuality was just a phase, and now I'm wondering. I know that it's fine if it's just a phase, that everyone experiences things differently. But...well, I don't know.

The first time that I found out my sexual identitY, I was so happy. I finally found out who I was as a person, but now I'm not so sure.

Being honest here. For many people they identify as one sexual, gender etc orientation from birth and are comfortable with this sine die. Others may change once, because they realise that, for want of another phrase "they followed what they were raised to be" others change more than onc, are fluid, or never ultimately find their true identity. 

If t turns out to be "a phase", then it'll have been just that. You'll still be all the wiser and know more about yourself than you did before :) Living your life is more important than putting yourself in a box.

:cake:

I think that the phrase is so often used about younger people that it suggests immaturity and other negative connotations when really everybody has phases in something as just part of living and learning about yourself. 

So if it is a phase, is it really such a bad thing if you learned something about yourself or even if you have gleaned some insight to help understand other people? I would say no, it isn't. 

Archived