Instead of attraction..

ModernCoffee

Im AroFlux-Ace and i've come to notice over the years that instead of Sexual/Romantic Attraction, it's replaced with emotional Pain. Does anyone else get this?

• Like 2

Can you explain more? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

10 hours ago, ModernCoffee said:

emotional Pain

yes yes yes yes yessssss. I was also wondering if anybody else felt the same thing. When I see an "attractive person" I don't feel sexual or romantic attraction, I just feel a meaningless emotional pain. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, CBC said:

Can you explain more? I'm not sure I know what you mean.

So, in situations where people normally feel romantic attraction, I feel pain. Like an overwhelming, aching pain in my chest

3 hours ago, whitetulips said:

yes yes yes yes yessssss. I was also wondering if anybody else felt the same thing. When I see an "attractive person" I don't feel sexual or romantic attraction, I just feel a meaningless emotional pain. 

Im so glad im not the only one!!! It's so weird and it happens so often. i thought it was because maybe I was broken and the only one who experienced pain everytime i was in a relationship or in a romantic situation

Well, recently I was attracted to a guy at work, I was pretty sure he wanted to ask me out and in some way he did, but I made excuses. I was really, REALLY attracted to him, not in a sexual way of course, but with his personality and looks. Once I knew he was interested, its like someone switched a light bulb off in me, and I became really uninterested. Now when I see him, I feel bad and guilty, no attraction what so ever. I saw him having lunch with a women and I felt a sort of jealousy, which is absurd since I was rejected him (one good reason we work in the same place, I have a rule of no work place romance for me) but still, that could have been his sister for all I knew. There was no reason for me not to get to know him as a friend, but I don't like doing that with guys knowing there interested, it make me weird. 

Not sure if that is the something as you, but I replaced a good feeling with a bad. 

14 hours ago, ModernCoffee said:

i thought it was because maybe I was broken

Same. I wonder why it happens. 

Alejandrogynous

I don't think emotional pain can ever be "meaningless". Even if you don't understand what it means, it surely means something. You might want to take some steps in figuring out why seeing attractive people makes you feel that way. 

• Like 4

I felt it again. Why should I feel so painful every time I think that someone is cute or attractive? Is this a common thing or is it just the two of us? I have a lot of questions and no answers. I feel so lonely and desperate :(

overturn overturn overturn

We think we felt it. It came all of sudden, when we saw someone, passing by them (but we don't know that person).

It was like longing in our soul, that it hurts so badly and inexplicable.

And it was not romantic feeling, or any other attraction. Nor love. 

We even can't remember who it was. Just feeling we registered, and did not know what it is, But very close like feeling longing for something...Like feeling that you knew that person from previous life, or something like that.

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

For me, I suppose it has happened, though probably not to the extent of the OP. I've never thought anything of it until just now, reading the OP. I don't know why it happens. Maybe you just want to get to know someone who's good-looking? Nevertheless, it's different from what my logical brain feels. Lots of the "good-looking" people around my area probably don't have the ideal personality to be good friends with me, as I'm pretty eccentric at times. 

@HayaH It could be true, they could have been people from a past life! Were you intrigued by such people? It's happened to me before. 

On 9/24/2018 at 2:45 PM, ModernCoffee said:

Im AroFlux-Ace and i've come to notice over the years that instead of Sexual/Romantic Attraction, it's replaced with emotional Pain. Does anyone else get this?

I do think that instead of sexual/Romantic Attraction, i feel something different but i don't know if it is emotional pain what it feels.