I don't like kissing or sex.

bookeater807

Is it weird that I don't like kissing or sex? Does that count as asexuality? I'm very new to everything and just coming to terms with my feelings. 

Welcome.

Everyone doesn't fit into a box of liking something and not liking something. And it's not weird. But no, it does not count as asexuality. Asexuality is only about sexual attraction to others - the desire and pull to have partnered sex. Some asexual people don't like kissing, some do; just as some like the feeling of sex, some don't.

I'm sorry to bother you again. I have another question. I do not have any desire to have sex. I get no pleasure from it and have no drive to seek it. I don't like kissing either.

I feel like I'm broken. I know logically there is a whole community of people similar to me. Its just I feel like society and my family put a lot of pressure on me to be "normal". I feel like I have to be, I dunno, not like this. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I didn't mean to. That wasn't really a question, sorry. 

Thats how a lot of us feel. I feel out of place or missing out on things sometimes. And I find coming on here helps actually. In my view, society puts to much emphasis on sexual relations and not enough on personal happiness, relationships or not.  Don't force yourself to be something you're not,  just because society says you have to.

I think you'll find that with acceptance of who you are the level of frustration will decrease. Just being in a community that understands you is helpful; particularly in the rough times.

There's no such thing as normal. "Normal" is just something society has constructed that we're supposed to all fit into, when actually many of us don't. Break the mould and be your beautiful self!

Just remember that you're not broken.

everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, Naali said:

Welcome.

Everyone doesn't fit into a box of liking something and not liking something. And it's not weird. But no, it does not count as asexuality. Asexuality is only about sexual attraction to others - the desire and pull to have partnered sex. Some asexual people don't like kissing, some do; just as some like the feeling of sex, some don't.

On the other hand, someone who doesn't like sex is much more likely not to desire it. People just usually desire doing things which give them pleasure and don't desire things they find no pleasure in doing...

You aren't broken. Not fitting into society's neat boxes doesn't mean you are broken. There are lot of ace people here who don't like kissing and sex either! Personally, I am not a huge fan of kissing either :) So don't feel broken and just accept and love yourself! There are many people like you out there. 

I do not like kissing or sex either. Yuck! 

I do not think we are "broken". It's just that some people like it and others do not. To each his own. 

It's all levels of disturbing that people act like there's something wrong with you if you aren't into it. 

Archived