Anyone else has this recurrent dream?

mreid

Throughout my life I have had variations of this dream:

I am in a building/tower. There is a floor on the lower levels and I have to escape, so I climb to the upper levers and hide in attic or rooftop.

Sometimes it's some kind of other threat instead of a flood, but it's mostly a flood. I have had an interesting variation of this dream where I was lying in bed next to a guy I was crushing on and he was reading a paper that warned about a flood. It had "Flood" written on it in a large font and underlined. I was reading it too. Suddenly my mother walks in the bedroom and says she needs to mop the floor. The guy disappears and I hide in the bathroom and close the door because I don't want to get water on my feet, as the water has bleach in it.

The way I interpret the dream about towers is that it might be related to my asexuality. Water and floods tend to represent the forces of the subconscious and/or sexuality (Freud I think believed it was the same thing). These dreams were more frequent in my teens so I think it might have to do with that. I think one of the reasons why I might be asexual is because I can somehow redirect my libido to overthinking about things (hence "upper levels/ rooftops". see the tower as the human body).

Anyway, anyone relates to this?

I don't see those kinds of dreams, but I see some dreams where I do some sexual stuff that really irritate me. I always wake up hating myself for what I did, even if it is jus a dream. 

You sure seem to have a lot of Freudian sex dreams.

I had a dream about the singer Pink last night. I'm not much into pop music, but my musical tastes are diverse and I admittedly adore her. Saw her in concert in Toronto in March and she was phenomenal. Sadly, we didn't fuck in my dream. We talked about the shitty aspects of being famous, and about her kids, and I think we drank something. Might've been lemonade or iced tea? I wonder what Freud would think of that. Am I secretly not gay because we didn't have sex? Do I just really need a man to sweep me off my feet and fuck me senseless? Hrmm. Guess I better head on over to Tinder...

1 minute ago, mreid said:

I don't know, but I could try to analyze your dream for you if you want ;)

Ya know, actually I would love that. :D For the record, I didn't make it up either.

15 minutes ago, mreid said:

Alright then. I need more details about your dream. Tell me as much as you remember. And knowing bits of the conversation would also be useful.

Well let's see. It was quite brief. We were in a brightly-lit room, like a dressing room probably, as if she was getting ready for a show. Off-white walls, kinda messy, like boxes of costumes and show props and stuff. And kids' toys. We were both sitting on chairs, she was to my right but sort of facing me. Her youngest child, a boy, was sitting on her lap. I don't remember what she said about him really. We talked about fame and the annoyance of having your privacy intruded upon so much. She smiled and laughed a lot. We were both drinking tall glasses of something cold. That's all I remember.

So how badly does Freud think I need to get laid? (Tbh I can answer that one myself.)

My dad has had the same continuing dream for decades. He’s in the trenches of some war. He’s never fighting just walking or sitting around, and there’s distant gunfire but it never reaches them. And they march, and march, and rest and then march some more. Kinda dull, but it makes the point. 

I’ve had a fair few myself, mainly me being chased by different things around buildings. Sometimes it’s not specific, sometimes it’s something I’ve seen before. The setting can also change, although it’s usually the same setting for each one. There’s are some weirdly specific ones, SCP-049 in a moon base was the weirdest, Zero g air locks are the worst.

9 minutes ago, mreid said:

I think so too. You did a pretty good job at interpreting your dream, although I would have used less expletives.

Hahaha uh huh, well played. I'll be on the lookout for the man of my dreams then.

I'll try ;) 

Anthracite_Impreza

I can only remember one dream I had about flooding and I saved a blue merle Border Collie in it. I must be a zoophile.

12 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

@CBC I think the dream was telling you to look inward.

I imagine looking inward is a wise thing for all of us to be doing on a regular basis. That's pretty general life advice.

My most frequent nightmares involve fleeing some sort of imminent danger, and I have had rising water being that “hunter” entity that I’ve had to escape from. I don’t really analyze my dreams though; I have enough to think about in my life 😅.

5 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

@CBC But have you looked inside the inside?

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, mreid said:

Are you talking to me or CBC?

CBC.

Lucinda

4 hours ago, Lucinda said:

I would have interpreted your dream straight up.

Lucinda

As would I. As did I, haha. :rolleyes:

233e5c848df63ca1433aa413f4369dcc.jpg

I have a lot of dreams about floods that come right up to my windows, but instead of trying to escape I just sit in my flat and stress about it :lol:

I think my favourite flood-related dream was the one where I was a cornflake, but the moment I was poured out of the box, the bowl of milk turned into the sea and I turned into a boy. That was a fun dream - it ended with cornflake-boy-me going on a chat show. Sure Freud would have a great time interpreting that one :P

Never had that dream but I do have a few recurrent dreams.One is where I am in a padded room.I see this piece of glass in which I grab and use to cut my arms repeatedly and eventually my throat and die.In a variation of this somebody gives me the piece of glass.Another dream is where I'm sitting on a porch and I hear this loud scream.I run towards these wood and keep running.I stop and I see a bunch of people dead around me and then I look down at this puddle of water,In my reflection I see I'm wearing a white gawn stained red and in my hand is a knife.Those are just 2 of them and I have a few more but I don't want to talk about them at this time.

I have so many dreams about floods, but they mostly occur when I am under stress. In one dream, the waves of water from the ocean started speeding towards me and I had to run away from them. In yet another dream, I saw raging dirty flood water which kept rising and almost reaching the bridge on which I stood. The dream I had day before yesterday was when the sky tore and water started pouring out from it filling the ocean and raising its water level. My father went into that ocean to save people, and I ran after him to save him. I believe it might be related to my subconscious, though. 

I really wouldn't read too much into it, definitely not something worth overanalyzing and driving yourself crazy about! I might be in the minority here, but I don't necessarily believe that all dreams have a complex meaning. I think some definitely do, a lot are tied to fears and worries of real life in my case. But I actually had a real, actual sex dream not too long ago, one where I was involved with another person and enjoyed it. It involved a woman too, so I thought it must mean I was secretly gay all this time. As it turns out...nope. I spent all that time overthinking and analyzing, when really it was just a random dream. Still asexual, still no actual interest, but brains are weird and sometimes they like to play tricks on us.

10 hours ago, SilentRose said:

But I actually had a real, actual sex dream not too long ago, one where I was involved with another person and enjoyed it. It involved a woman too, so I thought it must mean I was secretly gay all this time. As it turns out...nope. I spent all that time overthinking and analyzing, when really it was just a random dream. Still asexual, still no actual interest, but brains are weird and sometimes they like to play tricks on us.

Yeah about a decade ago, l had a romantic, bordering on sexual, dream about some dude I went to school with. It was basically making out, with this sense that sex was going to happen (but it didn't go that far). I was 23-24 at the time and I hadn't seen him since I was 16. I'd never had a crush on him, ever, in fact he was one of the most boring kids I knew and was barely on my radar. I hadn't thought about his existence in years. I'm going to guess it was just my brain throwing some random person from my memories into a dream perhaps brought about by my general headspace, hormones, whatever.

Then again, I also had a dream about a year after that where I was giving oral to a completely random woman. Should've taken more note of that one I suppose, hahaha.

Archived