Questioning Sexuality

PimsMcgee

Okay so I have been going through a questioning faze for a while and i need some help sssooo here’s what’s going on I’ve been experimenting with labels and I believe I might be greysexual?? Because i do experience  some degree of sexual attraction (I think) but I don't have any sexual desires when I'm in a relationship with another person until I've been with them for a really long time and like when someone does try to get sexual with me and I have never met them or I’m not close to them I feel really uncomfortable, but like it pretty much just boils down to I’m not sure whether or not I’m on the ace spectrum. Any thoughts?   

Welcome to AVEN!

It sounds like you might be Demisexual, which is someone who experiences Sexual Attraction only after forming an emotional connection.

10.jpg

Welcome! 

I agree with @MichaelTannock Ultimately you know your self best and it took me several years to find a romantic label I felt comfortable with so don't feel pressured. Here on AVEN you will find a lot of awesome info and people to help you. 

I wish you the best of luck in your discovery and feel free to PM me if you'd ever like to chat!

Enjoy some chocolate cake, I found this one and it is massive so make friends by sharing!

efd1bb8b060b943a5801e7d02a700689.jpg

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@PimsMcgee Hi! Welcome to heAVEN! There's an infinite amount of :cake: here, so take what you want! You sound like you could be greysexual toward those with whom you're not in a relationship, but once you get to know someone and have a chance to be in a relationship with them, it seems as if you become more demisexual toward them.

I think that if you feel the most comfortable calling yourself gray ace, than you can totally do it! Don't feel like you need to give yourself a label if you don't want one- it sounds like you're on the ace spectrum, but it's okay to not know exactly where you are. Gray-ace can be used as both a specific orientation and an umbrella term, and another umbrella term that you can use is A-spec. I would suggest doing some poking around and reading other people's stories-- that really helped me determine what I was. 

Good luck, and have some cake! :cake::cake::cake:

Archived