Grumpy Old Millenials

Skittles87

On 11/9/2018 at 2:11 AM, chandrakirti said:

I always get the giggles when the workload gets busy. While all the 50 somethings are keeping up and just gritting the teeth to get through it, the millennials can't concentrate for two minutes and moan incessantly 'do I have to do this? I don't want to do this one-can someone do this for me?'

When I was a kid there was no negotiation.' It's your job-do it!'

(sorry for quoting an old post) 

In my workplace I see this more from middle aged people. A 50 year old British woman I work with is the worst. I think the age, gender, and nationality are coincidental, though, because there's nothing inherently lazy or whiny about any of those. 

Anyway, love to be the bane of everyone's existence as a selfie-taker. Good to know you all secretly want me to disappear. 😘🏻

• 2 weeks later...

grr grumble "fidget spinners" mumble mumble "fortnight" grumble "soci-economic distilation of american culture into a plastic bowl made in china" mumble mumble

@gisiebob I'm a gamer and I don't get what the big deal is about Fortnite, but I've never been big on multiplayer games that aren't story-driven. As far as fidget-spinners, I was a bit disappointed when they went "mainstream", because as an autistic person, I was very comfortable using them for stimming. Now I have a fidget cube that infinitely folds itself out of and back into a cube shape. Much more interesting and helpful for me.

• 3 weeks later...

You make plans with a friend. A better offer comes your way. You shoot off a bullshit excuse via text message five minutes before you're due to arrive.

'Sry cat sick. CU next time.'

You couldn't do that in 1992. These kids today wouldn't have survived. 😝

@Sweet Dream, I rather doubt they'd use that expression 😋 😋

It is actually used to call someone a very rude word without actually doing so 😋 😋 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, Spotastic said:

@gisiebob I'm a gamer and I don't get what the big deal is about Fortnite, but I've never been big on multiplayer games that aren't story-driven. As far as fidget-spinners, I was a bit disappointed when they went "mainstream", because as an autistic person, I was very comfortable using them for stimming. Now I have a fidget cube that infinitely folds itself out of and back into a cube shape. Much more interesting and helpful for me.

I've done big multiplayer games, from counterstrike, unreal tournament, teamfortress and their sequels.

I like story driving stuff i'm a big fan of the borderlands games. but fortnite is fun... but not on my own, i play with a group of people (all older than me) we have a laugh and blame all the cheating kids when we die lol

I don’t think I ever felt young, except for the dressing like a teenager part (I have a problem). I can’t for the world understand things like snapshat and Tumblr and everything having to be vlogged or composed in short vids pisses me off. (Vines and short vids will be the death of me. Seriously when did making a 2minutes long video of you clipping your toenails while singing Waterloo with a tampon in your mouth become entertainment!?). I like to read!

The digitalisation of the world is freaking me out a bit. It feels like everything has to be connected and if you miss one piece of equipment nothing will work these days. I can’t open my front door without an app.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa
On 11/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, Snao Cone said:

(sorry for quoting an old post) 

In my workplace I see this more from middle aged people. A 50 year old British woman I work with is the worst. I think the age, gender, and nationality are coincidental, though, because there's nothing inherently lazy or whiny about any of those. 

Anyway, love to be the bane of everyone's existence as a selfie-taker. Good to know you all secretly want me to disappear. 😘🏻

That's interesting! Workplaces are all different, so  it's not really surprising. We have 10 in our team. 4 are over 50 and of  the 4, three sit quietly (1 man and 2 women-one of which is me). The rest of the team are 20-30 ears old. Of that group, 1 quietly works, 4 chatter incessantly and 2 are composed of a team leader and a senior member, who have different workloads/priorities.

When the statistics come out,  it's the quiet ones who are completing most of the work. I hold the top score at over 1000 in a week, then the man at 882 third is another 50 something lady at 665, so I guess that in our team, we are divided along age lines for productivity. 

You can tell that the work is becoming mundane for me, as I'm starting to analyse team stats...

On 12/29/2018 at 10:16 AM, Skycaptain said:

@Sweet Dream, I rather doubt they'd use that expression 😋 😋

It is actually used to call someone a very rude word without actually doing so 😋 😋 

I'm confused. Which expression exactly are you referring to?

I honestly have no idea how kids talk nowadays, I'm stuck in the 90s. ^_^

@kiaroskuro, CU Next Time, just look at the first letters 

I'm to the point now where driving is a stroke waiting to happen. Just about everything irritates me to some degree. And I'm starting to dress like an elderly man at a retirement home or so my nephews tell me. I am turning into Walter Mathau, please help me! 😄

Guest Jetsun Milarepa
On 12/31/2018 at 12:04 PM, MiseryInvictus said:

I'm to the point now where driving is a stroke waiting to happen. Just about everything irritates me to some degree. And I'm starting to dress like an elderly man at a retirement home or so my nephews tell me. I am turning into Walter Mathau, please help me! 😄

Good for you! Walter Mathau was a legend!😄

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 12:45 PM, Gloomy said:

Oh yeah I hate the clothing they have these days. I hate it when all I want is a simple basic t shirt or dress, but everything I see has a big hole in it, is cropped really short, is too thin/transparent, or is some weird shape that would look baggy on me.

Old Navy is for me...no logos, no designs, no holes, nothing crazy.

Well.

If you don't buy the yearly old Navy patriotic garb they have.

I look like someone's mom and I'm ok with that.

Sure rants alot

Ah, you young millenial  whippersnappers. Good for you for practicing the grumpy, let me help you embrace the old:

Disposable underwear: an absolute necessity

Being neighborly: peek through you blinds to see what the neighbors are up to, shake your fist and all children and tell them to stay off your damn lawn

Sharing your experiences: over and over and over and over...

Embrace your musical talent: farting is no longer embarassing

Perform an organ recital for friends and family: that's where you recite every organ in the human body and then explain in depth what you have wrong with each and every one of them.

Entertaining: if tired of entertaining annoying friends or relatives, let them see you use a can of bug spray on your pans instead of cooking spray.

Good oral hygiene: by all means if you have dentures or a bridge, remove them after eating and let them soak in your wine glass-especially when out in public.

New names: you know you have arrived at official old age when younger people you don't even know start calling you sweetie or honey

There you go, some basics for the old part. Enjoy

Sage Raven Domino

By pure accident, the modern girl fashion appeals to me more than what students wore 10 years ago, but I still lack an IG account - I just lurk there (though DeviantArt is where I lurk more often). I don't like to throw money away on my own outfits, though. Instead, I let others shop and show off on social networks for my entertainment :P

I mainly use the phone for banking and calling, don't know how to take a selfie with it, use a laptop webcam for that.

I normally don't watch prank videos on YT, mainly watch ASMR, heavy metal, chess, US politics and mental health content there for 1-2 hours a day.

The newest video game that I played was Heroes of Might and Magic IV, but the newest of those that I spent more than 20 hours playing overall was StarCraft: Brood War :P I don't even know how some SC II units work, so I only watch SC: BW games on YT when I'm in the mood to watch SC. I'm yet to look up SC II rules on Liquipedia.

My only uses of FB and Twitter are to lurk or to log into other sites.

I've never had a fidget spinner, have an old powerball, though.

is tired of defending millennials in the face of older generations who need a scapegoat...

Yes, i am a millennial who is starting to feel old. But in part because i work with children, i started to do that at 19, so now, there are kids i knew at age 5 who are in college. I just heard a kid i knew when he was young is going to be a parent. He’s not like one of the kids we had in aftercare at the daycare i worked at and he was in 5th-6th grade. He was younger.  I’m not old enough for that to happen. 

The work stuff, that’s not to do with age. I’m in a supervisory role over staff. I’ve had people younger than me who decide not to show up, not to follow instructions when they do show up, who show up stinking like smoke, or they had too much fun last night, and I’ve had people who were older than me do the same thing. I don’t understand how they just become ghosts, because i guess they don’t have bills to pay like the rest of us. I have a women who is old enough to be my parent and she has grandchildren who i hate to work with. She doesnt show up on a reliable basis, and when she does, she’ll sit and do nothing, not follow instructions, etc. I don’t know if she doesn’t understand what I am asking, doesn’t want to do the work, or won’t listen to me because I’m younger than her and she thinks she knows better. I think she’s just lazy in general and gets away with it because we have such a shortage of people. I have another person who is the same age who i love to have with me, because she does a great job. Ultimately, i am the one responsible for what happens or doesn’t, so i asked not to get assigned with the first one again. I also have young people who i absolutely love to work with too. I think it’s really just a matter of individual motivation. 

Grumpy millennial here, Signed up for a ton of social media to stay in contact with people, but rarely use it. Instagram is a nightmare, you can't use it on a computer?!? Why? I don't want to look at my tiny phone screen! I hate children, noise, selfies, the price of stuff, technology changing quicker than I can keep up with, people mocking me for having an old iphone, hipsters and hipster food (being served on a bloody shovel? Why?) and just generally everything! x

8 minutes ago, Lisa Smith said:

Grumpy millennial here, Signed up for a ton of social media to stay in contact with people, but rarely use it. Instagram is a nightmare, you can't use it on a computer?!? Why? I don't want to look at my tiny phone screen! I hate children, noise, selfies, the price of stuff, technology changing quicker than I can keep up with, people mocking me for having an old iphone, hipsters and hipster food (being served on a bloody shovel? Why?) and just generally everything! x

Relatable. ☝

17 hours ago, AceOfHearts_85 said:

people mocking me for having an old iphone

JFC. Remember when people used to make fun of flip phones? Now you can't even have a less than brand new iphone without people taking the piss!

seeing an article calling recent high school grads millennials. Dude those kids are gen Z. Millennials are all grown up.
Feeling very very old the day I found 9/11 was being taught in history classes.
Realizing that there are people today who are legal adults, who did not live through the turn of the century. 
Getting annoyed by baby boomers who continue to cling to outdated and disproven ideas.
yep, I'm a grouchy old Millennial.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:32 AM, Skittles87 said:

JFC. Remember when people used to make fun of flip phones? Now you can't even have a less than brand new iphone without people taking the piss!

I laugh at people who have iPhones. Android for the win! (maybe that should be hot box... )

Guest Jetsun Milarepa
On 2/23/2019 at 6:41 PM, Lisa Smith said:

this should be on a wall poster!

Archived