American Horror Story discussion thread

scarletlatitude

scarletlatitude

First: might contain triggers because this show can get violent -- posters, please mark TW if needed

Second: might contain spoilers for the new season or for the older seasons so be warned :P 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Anyone else watching the new season? What do you think? 

Aria Ravenclaw
On 9/22/2018 at 8:58 PM, scarletlatitude said:

First: might contain triggers because this show can get violent -- posters, please mark TW if needed

Second: might contain spoilers for the new season or for the older seasons so be warned :P 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Anyone else watching the new season? What do you think? 

It's pretty interesting so far, much better than the last two season imo.  Last season was a little more entertaining than roanoke though, I thought that season sucked. 

ArchangelAlbatross

I'm attempting to watch the new season - Apocalypse - but don't know if I can last the season.  I like the overall idea, the campiness, weirdness, the way the actors seem to have so much fun with their parts.  And I appreciate Ryan Murphy's other shows - even Scream Queens- but I'm not sure I can deal with extreme horror or torture scenes.

I haven't watched the latest season but may I bother you for a question? I have started AHS a while back and I loved it so far. However, season 4 was just something I do not want to watch since I have an extreme fear of clowns. Can I skip it to start season 5? There might be some scenes connected with s4 and I'm scared I might not get it if I skipped. 

Thank you for your time. 🍰🍰

Aria Ravenclaw
14 hours ago, ayananana said:

I haven't watched the latest season but may I bother you for a question? I have started AHS a while back and I loved it so far. However, season 4 was just something I do not want to watch since I have an extreme fear of clowns. Can I skip it to start season 5? There might be some scenes connected with s4 and I'm scared I might not get it if I skipped. 

The seasons are so loosely connected that you wouldn't be missing much. Season 4 was interesting. I still like Coven and Murderhouse best.  Season 5 was okay :) maybe you can read a synopsis of season 4 but season 4 and 5 aren't related at all. 

Aria Ravenclaw
Just now, Aria Ravenclaw said:

The seasons are so loosely connected that you wouldn't be missing much. Season 4 was interesting. I still like Coven and Murderhouse best.  Season 5 was okay :) maybe you can read a synopsis of season 4 but season 4 and 5 aren't related at all. 

Also if you're scared of clowns don't watch season 7 which is slightly related to season 5 and there are clowns in it as well. 

scarletlatitude
On 9/24/2018 at 7:35 PM, ayananana said:

Yeah as Aria said, the seasons are all different stories so no worries there. Sometimes things overlap (like the new season has elements from season 1 and 3 coming together). But they are each their own story. Season 7 should be a definite skip for you though. Lots of clowns. 

I tried to find summaries for the seasons... the best I can do is Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story (Discussion of clowns but I don't see any pictures or videos.) 

On 9/23/2018 at 11:46 PM, Aria Ravenclaw said:

It's pretty interesting so far, much better than the last two season imo.  Last season was a little more entertaining than roanoke though, I thought that season sucked. 

Roanoke was awful. It worked until they started repeating the story line. I liked Cult in the end. It got better as it went along imo. At the beginning it was boring. 

Edit: Oh, should add for anyone triggered by sex scenes... the current season has a few already. Not violent... it's consensual... but still... 

@Aria Ravenclaw @scarletlatitude 😮😮

Thank you so much! I started watching the series because I really thought it was interesting. And since I have no one to watch it with, I am easily scared. Especially clowns 😂. I'm looking forward to watching it again. (Looks like I'm skipping season 4 and 7 then)

Thanks again! 🍰🍰

Aria Ravenclaw
7 hours ago, scarletlatitude said:

Yeah as Aria said, the seasons are all different stories so no worries there. Sometimes things overlap (like the new season has elements from season 1 and 3 coming together). But they are each their own story. Season 7 should be a definite skip for you though. Lots of clowns. 

I tried to find summaries for the seasons... the best I can do is Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story (Discussion of clowns but I don't see any pictures or videos.) 

Roanoke was awful. It worked until they started repeating the story line. I liked Cult in the end. It got better as it went along imo. At the beginning it was boring. 

Edit: Oh, should add for anyone triggered by sex scenes... the current season has a few already. Not violent... it's consensual... but still... 

I watch AHS with my parents and even if I wasn't the sex scenes make me want to be swallowed up by the couch.  Cult was entertaining enough but it just wasn't my cuppa. I"m really really excited to what happens next in the new season :)

scarletlatitude

I always DVR it because I can never stay up that late. :P So I just watched this week's episode. Very interesting ending. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched AHS off and on over the years. Main draw for me with Apocalypse is the Coven tie-in. I'm really curious to see what Murphy does with everything this season.

scarletlatitude

I was kind of bored with the first two episodes, but now that we see the backstory I am becoming more interested. I think they should have started with that sooner. 

Honestly, same. I’m so glad we’re getting the Coven backstory.

Also, tonight’s ep:

Spoiler

I am so delighted that Misty is back and that she got serenaded by Stevie Nicks. Oof. My heart!

scarletlatitude

I thought (in the Coven season and now) that the Stevie Nicks story line was kinda unnecessary. I feel like they said "hey famous person want a 5 minute promotion on our show?". I mean I guess you could say the same thing for Lady Gaga but... *shrug* Just was never very interesting to me. 

I can't wait for them to go back to Murder House. And I am so glad Madison got sent. I can't wait to see that combination of sass. 

Archived