Latest show you've watched/are watching/want to watch?

PhoenixInFlames

PhoenixInFlames

Although I spend most of my time on Youtube watching gameplays and streams, I also love watching TV shows! 

I'm currently watching the new Doctor Who, I'm about halfway season 5. My Netflix list is too long, but the first thing that's on it that I want to watch is Brooklyn Nine Nine. 

In the past I've watched stuff like Star Trek Voyager, 24, Secret Army (and it's hilarious parody Allo Allo), Blackadder (several times), Merlin, Rick and Morty and much more, but I can't think of the names.

What shows have you guys watched? Anything you'd recommend to anyone, for any reason? Favorite shows you've watched a dozen times? Tell me all about it! 

Lady Constellation

I really want to watch Once Upon a Time. I started it, but I abandoned it when I got too busy. But it had an interesting premise. 

ZUMBO'S JUST DESSERTS IS MY FAVORITE NETFLIX TV SHOW. Watch it. Just. Do it.

Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs

I'm obsessed with doctor who although frickin moffet screwed things up (hopefully the next season will help things), and watched like two or three seasons of Brooklyn nine nine before my free Hulu trial ran out lol. 

I just finished watching kiss me first on Netflix and though it's a really good show it was kinda dark, which was part of what made it good, but it was also an INSANE queer bait so theres that. 

I recommend Alias Grace on Netflix, it's based off a Margret Atwood Novel so of course it's great. Again, it's a lil dark but that's part of it's charm. Legion by FX is one of my all time favorite shows. Have you ever watched a film or show and just sat there like wtf this is literal art?!? That's what legion is - there's so many layers of symbolism and references to 60s culture (if you watch it think about the movie clockwork orange and the camerawork in that movie compared to the camera work done while he's in Clockworks Mental Institution in legion (where they all wear orange jumpsuits)). 

Also The Hollow on Netflix was awesome, especially if you're into cartoon shows - which I'm not typically but still enjoyed watching this show. 

Also - Mindhunters and Queer Eye (obviously) both on Netflix

Currently watching Grey's Anatomy. Yep, it's throwing my soul against a wall but I'm a bit of an emotional masochist when it comes to Grey's anatomy. I'm also watching Monty Python's Flying Circus over at Netflix. Waiting for the new BoJack Horseman season, the new Money Heist season and also for Riverdale, I've stuck with it for two seasons now and I'm not planning on giving it up just yet. The only show I've watched beginning to end is House M.D. and I love it with all my heart. (I've also watched Friends on its entirety, but that's a bit different because I was binging on House M.D. while I was watching Friends whenever it was on, although I had the option to binge on it as well) Back on Netflix, I've also watched the Keepers, although that's a docuseries (and a pretty heavy one as well) and I'd been trying to watch Bates Motel, but it just isn't for me. Maybe I should try watching the original version. Saving the best for last, Black Mirror. I love that show, haven't missed an episode and currently waiting for the new ones!

So yeah, that is my chaotic mess of a list.

GiveMeBurritos

I spend way too much time watching The Office. I've watched it so many times over and over again. But the newest show that I've started to watch is Jane The Virgin. So far it's pretty good and I like the overall message. I don't know if I have any shows that I want to watch. Do any of you guys have any recommendations? I'm always looking to expand my Netflix library. 

I love Suits, The Blacklist, and Person of Interest.  My all time favourite is Bones; I've watched it 7 or 8 times.  I just find it really easy to relate to the main character (in the first few seasons - as with many TV shows, the quality of the show decreased substantially over time).

PhoenixInFlames
58 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

The only show I've watched beginning to end is House M.D. and I love it with all my heart.

I remember I really wanted to watch House! I only saw the first season when it was on Fox, a few years ago. But I had to stop watching because it was on too late and I had early starts because of school.

1 hour ago, Life Of Tass said:

I've also watched Friends on its entirety,

Same, and that reminds me: I've also seen most of Modern Family and quite some episodes of How I met Your Mother (I always group those together lol)

1 hour ago, Lady Constellation said:

ZUMBO'S JUST DESSERTS IS MY FAVORITE NETFLIX TV SHOW. Watch it. Just. Do it.

I've never actually heard of this, but I'll add it to my list if it's available in my country :)

1 hour ago, Tiny-Grey-Dinosaurs said:

I just finished watching kiss me first on Netflix and though it's a really good show it was kinda dark, which was part of what made it good, but it was also an INSANE queer bait so theres that. 

I recommend Alias Grace on Netflix, it's based off a Margret Atwood Novel so of course it's great. Again, it's a lil dark but that's part of it's charm. Legion by FX is one of my all time favorite shows.

I think I've heard of Alias Grace, but I'm not sure what it's about anymore. Same goes for Legion, the name feels really familiar but there's nothing attached to it (yet).

51 minutes ago, GiveMeBurritos said:

I spend way too much time watching The Office.

I've considered watching this as well, it's on Netflix, right?

29 minutes ago, element83 said:

My all time favourite is Bones; I've watched it 7 or 8 times. 

Sounds cool, what's it about?

Catching up on the last season of Once Upon a Time (can recommend to keep going @Lady Constellation ! :D Relatively well critically acclaimed as well, though I've been told it's a love or hate, so lots of people also might just not like the concept.)

Last show I completed was Roman Empire (Good mix of historically informative as well as entertaining)

The next show on my watch list is Dragon Prince (looked interesting and same head writer as Avatar); or maybe catching up on Ozark (Wannabe Breaking Bad; not as good but sufficiently interesting)

As for "Favorite shows you've watched a dozen times?": not gonna comment on that one, because I'm pretty sure all the stuff I have watched multiple times is more for nostalgia reasons than objective quality :P Fairly certain for some of them it's actually a "despite them being pretty bad" ;) 

I haven't had cable TV for decades. All I watch is You Tube these days. I see advertisements for a channel called Curiosity Stream. It looks good but I just don't believe in paying for TV. I grew up watching free television because all the advertising paid for it.  Now one has to pay for TV and I bet the commercials still persist. Thus the cable service probably makes a double profit. That having been pondered, every now and then one encounters something on You Tube that probably isn't supposed to be there. Somebody uploaded an episode of Curiosity Stream called The First Man. Its a documentary about human evolution. What is particularly entertaining is noticing the same actress playing various roles as humans evolve over the eons. She went from being an Australopithecus to a sub species of Homo Erectus in just an hour.  She will eventually end up a modern human. I've only seen half the episode. I wonder what she'll be tonight?

WinterWanderer

The shows I've watched most recently:

Bojack Horseman

Trollhunters

Great British Baking Show

Atypical

Breaking Bad

The Dragon Prince

Iron Fist (about halfway thru the second season)

Castle Rock (just a few episodes)

Frasier

I've mostly been rewatching the same shows over and over again. Waiting on the new seasons of Daredevil, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and Black Lightning. 

As you can see, my tastes tend to revolve around superhero and family shows. I try new things when I can, but there doesn't seem to be a wide variety lately.

well after I finished watching the new season of Bojack and The Dragon Prince I am re watching Mad Men with my roommate cause she never saw it, so thats what I've been watching lately.

I really want to get the Dc streaming service so I can watch some more of the animated dc shows though so maybe next month I can get that and stat reading some of the old comics too.

Finished season 3 of Gotham, which I love. Currently I'm trying to find somewhere to watch season 4 since Australian Netflix sucks and they only have the first 3 seasons. If not for the story or the characters, then watch Gotham for the costumes because they are beautiful. 

Started watching season 1 of Daredevil which is really good, love the cast and the story line so far. I'm wanting to catch up on the MCU TV shows so I can be fully up to date with everything.

Aria Ravenclaw

Just finished Atypical, watching American Horror Story, and I want to watch the next season (when they come out) American gods, GoT, The OA, Altered Carbon (if it gets another season)

Steph_Catherine

Well, I watch a heck of a lot of Doctor Who (have done for 13 years!) so I'm SUPER excited for series 11 to start on 7th Oct! Steven Moffat's era got so bad towards the end of it that a complete new era is really needed for the show. I think Jodie is going to be amazing as 13 :)

However, I've been rewatching Broadchurch all day today!

hmm...the last show I was really into was The Flash on CW(well, I saw it on Netflix). I just like the whole theme of parallel realities and changing the past, present, and future. 

I just recently watched and finished the latest season of Brooklyn Nine Nine (TENEN TEN TENEEEEEN). 

Also, I would like to watch Stranger Things season two, AHS, and The 100 since I was recommended to watch them. 

On 9/22/2018 at 4:59 PM, PhoenixInFlames said:

Sounds cool, what's it about?

Crime and murder, lol.  The premise of the show is a forensic anthropologist (they look at bones to try to determine how people lived/died) and an FBI agent work together to solve murders.

Before going to work, I watched a few episodes of OK KO Let’s Be Heroes. Yes, I’m 28 but I like Cartoon Network. I have only seen a few episodes before but I know a lot of people like it. It’s okay.

My all-time favorite would have to be Firefly.  I also love BBC nature documentaries and Star Trek.  At the moment, I'm watching Deep Space Nine, and I have far too many feelings about it.

I've been watching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm lately. It's created by and stars Larry David, who co-created Seinfeld. If you like the humor of Seinfeld you'll probably enjoy this show too. If you have Amazon Prime most of the seasons are up on Prime Video.

I recently finish the show Maniac on Netflix which I enjoyed for the most part. I'd say watch the trailer for it and if it looks interesting definitely watch it.

The most recent show I've watched - and that I would heartily recommend - is Netflix's 'Hilda' cartoon. It's absolutely delightful, continuing in the growing tradition of heartfelt but also faintly-to-very sinister children's shows. The worldbuilding is also very unique, an odd blend of British, Scandinavian, Slavic and - for whatever reason - San Franciscan.

Shows I am watching, present tense: All the new seasons of the various NCISes. Yes, all three. I just... really like NCIS.

What I want to watch: Well, Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 and the new Dr Who when they're both out. Not much asides from that!

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for this show to come out. It'll be in 2019 so got some time to wait.

I usually don't have time to watch TV shows, but I developed a bit of a family ritual with my mum. Every Sunday I'd go over and visit her and we'd watch a couple episodes of a TV show we like. I just managed to finish up Sense8 with her before I wandered out to BC. Unfortunately before that we were going through the Walking Dead together but stopped at the beginning of season six to take a breather and switch up the pace. I'm kinda bummed that now I'll have to wait so long to get back to the show with her. Also on the backlog are a couple seasons of Doctor Who and I've been wanting to start watching the original Stargate series with her.

I watch Doctor Who,  McGuyver and with my kid we  record & watch together Black lighting, legends of tomorrow,Super girl and The flash. A little family time watching TV & eating dinner on Friday nights.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:34 AM, Ayden said:

hmm...the last show I was really into was The Flash on CW(well, I saw it on Netflix). I just like the whole theme of parallel realities and changing the past, present, and future. 

“The Flash” is amazing.  I love how the villain each season seems like someone they can’t ever possibly defeat, but they always find a way.  That kind of achieve-the-impossible hopefullness is what comic book characters are supposed to be about.

On 9/24/2018 at 7:12 PM, Lemon Ice Tea said:

Before going to work, I watched a few episodes of OK KO Let’s Be Heroes. Yes, I’m 28 but I like Cartoon Network. I have only seen a few episodes before but I know a lot of people like it. It’s okay.

I never really got into “OK K.O.,” but I like the simplistic art style.  They also did an episode with a lot of subtle Super Nintendo homages, which is awesome.

Blindspot.

I love season 4 already!

Archived