Is it possible for trans person to be genderfluid?

overturn overturn overturn

Does being trans exclude possible genderfuidity, and vice versa? Any opinions or experiences?

We feel ourselves as guys in female body. Injected testosterone for two years. But we stopped from personal reasons.

Recently we noticed that we have two sides in us, like feminine and masculine, but on the abstract level, not talking about physical gender or dysphoria. We are like completely different persons, depends on which side is active. 

Few days ago, we felt dysphoria all of sudden, toward our picture (which was masculine), and we felt upset until we removed it. Something like ''wearing picture is like a wearing clothes'', to us. So we thought, even if we identify ourselves as guys, maybe we could be genderfluid?

It's a strange phenomena, because we play some instruments, and one of our sides do it better than other. We see that possible genderfluidity manifests not on physical level, in our case... So, any ideas or relations...?

Moved from Questions about Asexuality to Gender Discussion.

TheAP
Questions about Asexuality mod

Technically genderfluid can fall under the trans umbrella. And yes, I believe transitioning trans people can be genderfluid as well.

43 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

Yes

Do you think it is not possible, to be trans and genderfluid? We did not understand is it the answer on title question, or questions in topic, as excluding possibilities...

btw, we uptdated topic, to give the better picture about what we are talking...

1 minute ago, Phoenix the II said:

Genderfluid falls imho under the trans umbrella. 

Thank you. Apologize, because we turned questions upside-down, somehow...

1 minute ago, Finn. said:

Transitioning or not transitioning doesn't change your gender(s).

Thank you, it's helpful to understand now better. It's about feelings...

I believe so. Like others have said, genderfluid falls under the trans umbrella. 

I usually describe myself as non-binary or genderqueer. I've used the transgender term before, but sometimes I've been a bit reluctant to use it. Either way, whenever I come out to someone, explanations are required... (-_-) 

1 minute ago, Dani-Chan said:

I believe so. Like others have said, genderfluid falls under the trans umbrella. 

I usually describe myself as non-binary or genderqueer. I've used the transgender term before, but sometimes I've been a bit reluctant to use it. Either way, whenever I come out to someone, explanations are required... (-_-) 

Yes, we know how it is, because we first came out as a lesbian, as younger. But we never felt ourselves as a woman. So later we figured out we are trans. As single person. But now we became aware that we have duality in our nature, no matter of assigned gender, or gender in transition. So we found solution for balancing, expressing us as 'we' all the time. No problems with dysphoria, what we wear, how do we look, or with explanations to others. Because speaking in plural about us is less strange to others than if we pronounce  our gender in singular. Do you think we could be non-binary? Because we are not good in terms and definitions, just we can say how do we feel...

@HayaH It's possible. I know that it's confusing and difficult, but I think that it's important to find something that fits you. At least it was for me. I think that it's important for a lot of people, especially for people who are LGBT+. A lot of things don't seem so cut and dry. 

I refer to myself as non-binary because that is how I see myself. I'm AFAB, but I've never been comfortable with the physical gender that I was born into. Puberty was hell for me. Now I'm an adult, trapped in a body that I hate more than life itself. I'm trying to figure out a bunch of stuff, but it's hard... 

I think I understand what you mean by a duality in nature. I've noticed that about myself as well. It's like, okay, my body looks this way, but I don't feel that way inside at all. For someone who is AFAB, I have VERY strong masculine traits and tendencies. When I look in the mirror, it freaks me out. It feels like I shouldn't look the way that I do. It's not just about feeling insecure about my appearance; it's also about feeling a huge disconnect between what my brain thinks I should look like, and what my eyes see when I look in the mirror. Interacting with others IRL makes me very uncomfortable, as part of me wonders what they see when they look at me. :(  

I just want to come to terms with everything. I want there to be peace between my feminine side and my masculine side. Ideally, I would have an androgynous body, and that way I could be genderfluid and live happily ever after. :) 

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Sometimes my train of thought veers off into some really weird directions... (-_-) 

10 hours ago, Dani-Chan said:

@HayaH It's possible. I know that it's confusing and difficult, but I think that it's important to find something that fits you. At least it was for me. I think that it's important for a lot of people, especially for people who are LGBT+. A lot of things don't seem so cut and dry. 

I refer to myself as non-binary because that is how I see myself. I'm AFAB, but I've never been comfortable with the physical gender that I was born into. Puberty was hell for me. Now I'm an adult, trapped in a body that I hate more than life itself. I'm trying to figure out a bunch of stuff, but it's hard... 

I think I understand what you mean by a duality in nature. I've noticed that about myself as well. It's like, okay, my body looks this way, but I don't feel that way inside at all. For someone who is AFAB, I have VERY strong masculine traits and tendencies. When I look in the mirror, it freaks me out. It feels like I shouldn't look the way that I do. It's not just about feeling insecure about my appearance; it's also about feeling a huge disconnect between what my brain thinks I should look like, and what my eyes see when I look in the mirror. Interacting with others IRL makes me very uncomfortable, as part of me wonders what they see when they look at me. :(  

I just want to come to terms with everything. I want there to be peace between my feminine side and my masculine side. Ideally, I would have an androgynous body, and that way I could be genderfluid and live happily ever after. :) 

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Sometimes my train of thought veers off into some really weird directions... (-_-) 

You described exactly how we feel! Actually, we suspected that we are superqueer and genderfluid for some time, but we never met anyone to confirm it, until now...

If we can help you anyhow from our experience, don't hate your body, please... we resolved it ''taking our body as our wife'', entering in marriage with our body. Body is separate entity from us, but we now love her and protect her as our own wife, sister, mother, church and country where we live...It brought the peace to us. We also developed 'theory of eternity'', described in one of our topics, which explains after so many years of researching, why this things are happening to people. Maybe it can help you to understand...If you find time, you can read it...

We also don't use mirrors (web cam if it's really necessary)...Maybe you should  try to avoid your physical appearance looking in the mirrors, and anything what reminds you of look? It helped to us reducing feeling of dysphoria...

Somehow we always were in the war with our sides, before realizing that we are actually born within marriage inside our single body. If our thoughts and experiences can help you anyhow, we would be very happy. We truly wish to you from our whole heart to find peace and become very happy person!

Calligraphette_Coe

I'd say I'm more androgynous than genderfluid and it's not by choice. But it does keep the dysphoria wolves outside my door some days. Sometimes you do and feel what you have to do to survive. Because only with living are their possibilities.

@HayaH Thanks for the offer of help. ☺️ I try not to hate my body, but man, is it hard... I've lived with body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria for so long that it's sadly become second nature to me. :( I'm very self-conscious. I try to avoid mirrors as much as I can, and I also avoid having my picture taken as well (that's why my AVEN avatar is a cartoon version of myself that I drew :) ). Hopefully I'll be able to find peace and be happy with my appearance one day... 

I am, trans and genderfluid between non-binary and female as a male sex.  I don't think the gender has to be considered in stone, stuck in one place to consider oneself as trans.

Archived