Is this a normal feeling for an asexual?

idkbethany

Hi, my name is Bethany. I'am 16 years old and i'am asexual. 

Is it normal to think the idea of sex is gross and repulsive? I'm not opposed to a quick peck on the lips or, some cuddles here and there, i still want a relationship but,

is it normal to think all that but, just find the act of sex either through penetration or oral, repulsive and unappealing?

I just want to be able to feel a bit normal because i don't know anybody in real life that is an asexual. 

Also, for the most part I've talked to some asexuals online but, they still aren't opposed to sex. 

Could someone help me feel a little bit normal about this. 

Thank you:)

Edited by idkbethany
I felt the title didn't explain my question well.

There are plenty of asexuals who are repulsed, yup. It's quite common and you'll find many people here who feel similarly. Of course, sex repulsion can stem from many things and there are sexual people who experience it too.

Asexuality is primarily about whether you feel an innate desire to engage in any type of sexual activity with others. If not, you're possibly asexual, but it can also be difficult to tell when you're young, since people experience personal growth in very different ways and at different rates.

But yeah, long story short, experiencing repulsion is quite common.

Welcome to AVEN!

I don't know any other Asexuals in real life either, but I've seen some Asexuals on here who are Sex-repulsed.

10.jpg

• Like 1
No longer active
5 hours ago, idkbethany said:

Also, for the most part I've talked to some asexuals online but, they still aren't opposed to sex. 

Are they not opposed to other people having sex, or not opposed to doing it themselves? I would hope that even someone who is repulsed by sex would respect the rights of consenting adults to have sex in private. 

@Welcome to AVEN, @idkbethany!

I'm asexual, and I'm completely repulsed by sex of any form. I genuinely don't understand why anyone would have sex, unless it's for reproductive purposes. Controversial, I know, but that's how I feel.almond-cake-034.jpg

Hey Bethany, you're definitely not alone. There are plenty of ace people repulsed by sex. I'm very much like you. I also experience romantic attraction but find sex gross and wouldn't want to engage in it at all. That's totally okay to feel!

To me conventional sex doesn't disgust me -- though I have no interest in it -- but erm creative positions as well as oral repulses me to the point of a turned stomach.

Anthracite_Impreza

It's pretty common, yes.

Honestly anything that involves a man’s privates is vary degrees of disgusting to me and doesn’t turn me on in the slightest.

To Each Their Own

You are far from alone. 

Like you, I don’t know anyone in person that is like me either. I mean, I don’t know any other asexuals.  I’m a little different than you in that i am aromantic, but like you, i am also sex repulsed. 

This website has been fabulous for me in discovering others that are like me. We may not be in the majority, but we are just as “normal” as everyone else. 

Hermit Advocate

I am the same. The idea of any form of penetration, or just naked bodies in general, makes me feel like this > 😣

ShatteredSapphire

I feel the exact same way idkbethany! I've been wondering if there were an another asexual people that have thought this way. At least there's more than one of us! 

I am repulsed in respect to myself, but I don't really care if other people do it or talk about it. But I do know some asexuals (on here) that simply prefer not to have sex themselves or just lack interest (but could be persuaded to do so under certain circumstances, like to have kids or please their partner), and I know other asexuals (on here and irl) that are grossed out by the sheer mention of it. It really just varies from person to person. But your view is certainly not uncommon.