Gender? / Dysphoria? / Confusion. / Help!

Guest Falco Peregrinus

Guest Falco Peregrinus

Hi, this is my first post in the Gender area. I'm here because I'm starting to question my gender and I thought maybe someone could help me out. I'm totally lost so any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

For as long as I can remember, I've hated my body. I've always identified as cis male because that was the default and I was brought up believing there are two genders. However, I don't really feel male, per se. I'm super machismo-repulsed, and I don't fit many of the expectations/stereotypes around that gender. Furthermore, I've always felt like my mind was different from my body, like when I look in the mirror, I'm looking at someone else. It's a freaky sensation. Is this dysphoria? I don't feel feminine either, so I was wondering whether I might be somewhere on the agender spectrum?

Again, anything helps!

Thanks!!

You might be similar like me, I don't even understand genders and find whole concept mostly useless... There are some physical differences of course, important if you are interested in sex, procreation or medical stuff, but other than that, gender seems like meaningless social construct to me.

Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, Falco Peregrinus said:

Furthermore, I've always felt like my mind was different from my body, like when I look in the mirror, I'm looking at someone else. It's a freaky sensation. Is this dysphoria?

That's how I feel about most of my body (my lower arms and legs are alright) and I'm agender. You could well be, but you'll have to decide what fits best for yourself.

On 9/21/2018 at 4:05 PM, Falco Peregrinus said:

Hi, this is my first post in the Gender area. I'm here because I'm starting to question my gender and I thought maybe someone could help me out. I'm totally lost so any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

For as long as I can remember, I've hated my body. I've always identified as cis male because that was the default and I was brought up believing there are two genders. However, I don't really feel male, per se. I'm super machismo-repulsed, and I don't fit many of the expectations/stereotypes around that gender. Furthermore, I've always felt like my mind was different from my body, like when I look in the mirror, I'm looking at someone else. It's a freaky sensation. Is this dysphoria? I don't feel feminine either, so I was wondering whether I might be somewhere on the agender spectrum?

Again, anything helps!

Thanks!!

That definitely sounds like dysphoria. I have body dysphoria that fluctuates from mild and easy to ignore to unbearable, and it generally manifests as being unable to look at the natural shape of my body, especially when I’m naked, without feeling like it isn’t really mine.

Archived