Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

2 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Will you be making playlists of each "cake column"? That would be a good idea for new viewers to catch up on the kind of content they're looking for without trawling through.

Already done 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/c/SliceofAce/playlists 

A couple of the playlists only have one video in, but they'll be populated as I go along. I may change the names later, but I haven't thought of anything interesting yet

21 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Wow, just like cake icing, you're on top of everything! 😁

Haha, I just have way too much free time 😂

Hello, @Slice of Ace. I just thought I'd mention that I enjoyed your video "How I Figured Out My Orientation," and could relate to some of your experiences and feelings during your school years.

Your other videos and categories look interesting, too. I like the variety of topics.

GeekyGamerZack
7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, I just have way too much free time 😂

Same. 😂

And we have this week's video, which is actually only half a video because it would have taken way too long to do the whole thing in one week 😝

Spoiler

GeekyGamerZack
5 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

And we have this week's video, which is actually only half a video because it would have taken way too long to do the whole thing in one week 😝

Hide contents

Guess what I'll be watching tonight (among other things)? ;)

45 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Guess what I'll be watching tonight (among other things)? ;)

Ummm, The Amazing Extraordinary Friends? 😜

Part 3 out of 4 of my asexual relationship series 😊

Spoiler

Apologies for the shoddy editing at parts...

GeekyGamerZack

Another word cloud, and it's a kitty! I look forward to the inevitable Jupiter Djinni-shaped word cloud. 😆

(I specifically mentioned Jupiter because those Djinn are purple, as in the primary ace colour, and also because they're Air element. Air? Cloud? Get it? 😁)

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Another word cloud, and it's a kitty! I look forward to the inevitable Jupiter Djinni-shaped word cloud. 😆

(I specifically mentioned Jupiter because those Djinn are purple, as in the primary ace colour, and also because they're Air element. Air? Cloud? Get it? 😁)

Haha, that one I'd have to make myself I imagine, which would take ages! 😝 You look different! You're now just a kid, definitely not a squid 

Celyn: The Lutening

"I like words clouds. They're visual. And purty."

Couldn't agree more!

1 hour ago, Celyn said:

"I like words clouds. They're visual. And purty."

Couldn't agree more!

Hahaha, I was worried that no one liked them! 😂

GeekyGamerZack
2 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Hahaha, I was worried that no one liked them! 😂

Honestly, I'd be a teensy bit disappointed if they weren't a staple of your channel from this point onward. "Asexual and LGBT+ Info. Cake. Word Clouds. Slice of Ace." 😊

7 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

You look different! You're now just a kid, definitely not a squid 

That's Zed Starmute, the gay ace protagonist of seasons 1 and 5 of my series. I stumbled upon that avatar while digging through files and folders for content to add to my website, as I felt it was time for the series to leave the nest and make a home for itself, something I intend to do one day myself. :P

Enough of my topic derailing, though. This is your project's thread, after all. ;)

7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Honestly, I'd be a teensy bit disappointed if they weren't a staple of your channel from this point onward. "Asexual and LGBT+ Info. Cake. Word Clouds. Slice of Ace." 😊

Whenever I do a survey. Promise 😂

7 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Enough of my topic derailing, though. This is your project's thread, after all. ;)

Slice of Ace is on a bit of a go slow at the moment. This week's video isn't getting many views, and in the last five days, all I've done is lost a subscriber 😝

I don't mind too much as long as my regulars still enjoy it, but I'm just wondering if I did something different 😕

9 hours ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

"Asexual and LGBT+ Info. Cake. Word Clouds. Slice of Ace." 

This is SoA's motto now, no takey backies.

I wouldn't worry, I think it's just a combo of the excitement of Ace Awareness week dying down and a couple of editing blunders in the latest. If people can't see through that to how articulate you are and how important the work you're doing is all year round it's their loss.

13 minutes ago, Celyn said:

This is SoA's motto now, no takey backies.

I wouldn't worry, I think it's just a combo of the excitement of Ace Awareness week dying down and a couple of editing blunders in the latest. If people can't see through that to how articulate you are and how important the work you're doing is all year round it's their loss.

Noted 😂

Naw, thanks! Yeah, I had to rush last week's video because I only had three days to do it in, and I had a lot of content in general. By the time I noticed the mistakes, I was half way through writing the captions, so it would've taken another couple of hours to fix it 

Also, it's a busy time for a lot of people. 

27 minutes ago, Tunhope said:

Also, it's a busy time for a lot of people. 

Oh yeah, good point! I guess I forget sometimes that not everyone is unemployed with too much free time 😝

GeekyGamerZack
1 hour ago, Slice of Ace said:

Oh yeah, good point! I guess I forget sometimes that not everyone is unemployed with too much free time 😝

You summed up my adult life in so many words... 😅

GeekyGamerZack

@Slice of Ace Just watched the new vid, and I can relate in pretty much every way...well, apart from my taste in music, as I generally prefer tracks from my favourite games (I really want to find extended versions of key songs from the first two Golden Sun games, but there's next to nothing on YouTube, sadly).

Over the past few months, I've gotten relatively comfortable with being gay, but I still avoid drawing attention to my inner homoromantic around people who don't know I am, and I actively avoid showing signs of having gay stereotypes as much as possible.

And you're right about gay men being men who like other men, no more, no less. Most of my interests, while geeky to every extreme, aren't or typically wouldn't be associated specifically with gay guys (but entirely associated with geeks - gamer, pop culture or otherwise 😁 ).

@GeekyGamerZack, haha I like listening to video game music too, but that covers such a broad spectrum that it doesn't tell people much 😂 Ooh, I remember really like the Magma Rock music in Lost Age

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we feel that we need to "hide" being gay. It is ironic though, because I was the one who wanted to hold hands in public with my ex 😂 

Anyway, glad you liked it 😊 

GeekyGamerZack

@GeekyGamerZack, haha I like listening to video game music too, but that covers such a broad spectrum that it doesn't tell people much 😂

Very true, although many of my favourites are nostalgia-driven. I guess that's why I find a lot of the music in Smash Bros. Ultimate so awesome. 😁

Ooh, I remember really like the Magma Rock music in Lost Age

That, along with the themes to Air's, Aqua and Gaia Rocks, are probably in my top 10 of the entire series.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we feel that we need to "hide" being gay.

Yep. I'm careful about who I tell, and the people who know are generally accepting for the most part. Having said that, I'd probably be cautious about public displays of affection, in case a straight guy tries to cause trouble (I may be 2m tall and stockily-built, but I'm still a pacifist who would rather avoid conflict outside the confines of video games).

It is ironic though, because I was the one who wanted to hold hands in public with my ex 😂 

Aw, that's so sweet... 😊

(Um...I think I showed my gay a little. My bad. 😅)

Anyway, glad you liked it 😊 

I sure did. Looking forward to the next one!

12 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Very true, although many of my favourites are nostalgia-driven. I guess that's why I find a lot of the music in Smash Bros. Ultimate so awesome. 😁

Haha, I was organising My Music in Ultimate this morning. They still only have the two Golden Sun songs though! 😠

15 minutes ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

Having said that, I'd probably be cautious about public displays of affection, in case a straight guy tries to cause trouble

Yeah, I have to admit that you do have to be aware of your surroundings. I wouldn't do it in a busy town centre, especially not at night, but on campus or in a quiet area it's fine

Oh, and I was wondering if people preferred the intro or not? I figured that it might be better shorter? Also, I just took a clip from later and shoved it at the start. I'm just meddling with things to increase audience retention (it drops off rapidly at the start) 😂

I think doing that worked really well :) Also you're really loosening up and developing a great camera presence now, it's nice to see you more relaxed and spontaneous.

GeekyGamerZack
4 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Haha, I was organising My Music in Ultimate this morning. They still only have the two Golden Sun songs though! 😠

Well, apparently each new character in the Fighters Pass comes with a stage and a bunch of music tracks, so here's hoping there's a representative of the Golden Sun series to add some much needed new musical tuneskis.

I realised that I've found neither Jenna nor Kraden as Spirits (I have found most of the other mains from the first two games, and also Matthew from Dark Dawn, though), so maybe we'll see a Jenna & Kraden fighter bundled with Sol Sanctum and some more tunes from the series.

If it ends up being Jenna, then her battle theme must be one of them! (Personally, I'm more of a Felix and Piers fan, but one's too young and the other's WAY too old! Still, those'd be my Golden Sun husbandos. 😁)

1 hour ago, Celyn said:

I think doing that worked really well :) Also you're really loosening up and developing a great camera presence now, it's nice to see you more relaxed and spontaneous.

Thanks! Yeah, I've started writing some notes just to make sure I stay on track. It was literally five-odd words, but it helped 😊 Now I just need a job so I can buy a decent camera!

1 hour ago, GeekyGamerZack said:

I realised that I've found neither Jenna nor Kraden as Spirits (I have found most of the other mains from the first two games, and also Matthew from Dark Dawn, though), so maybe we'll see a Jenna & Kraden fighter bundled with Sol Sanctum and some more tunes from the series.

If it ends up being Jenna, then her battle theme must be one of them! (Personally, I'm more of a Felix and Piers fan, but one's too young and the other's WAY too old! Still, those'd be my Golden Sun husbandos. 😁)

Ohmigosh yesss!!! 😁 EXCEPT not Kraden! I love Golden Sun but Kraden just gets on my nerves! He's so childishly naïve and impetuous, but everyone treats him like a bloody genius 😂 Aaaanyway, I think Jenna, Felix, and Matthew are the only marginally possible ones, though Piers would be the best (his arms 😍). Or Sveta, because werewolves! 

GeekyGamerZack
6 hours ago, Slice of Ace said:

Thanks! Yeah, I've started writing some notes just to make sure I stay on track. It was literally five-odd words, but it helped 😊 Now I just need a job so I can buy a decent camera!

I only have two (well, three) cameras, but I don't think any of them are adequate for YouTube.

Ohmigosh yesss!!! 😁 EXCEPT not Kraden! I love Golden Sun but Kraden just gets on my nerves! He's so childishly naïve and impetuous, but everyone treats him like a bloody genius 😂

I'll be honest, I mentioned Kraden as a joke. I tend to do things like that. :P

Aaaanyway, I think Jenna, Felix, and Matthew are the only marginally possible ones, though Piers would be the best (his arms 😍). Or Sveta, because werewolves! 

Had to Google that last one (I haven't played Dark Dawn), but werewolves FTW! Also, if DLC fighters come with Assist Trophies, then a GS rep should have Menardi and Saturos as theirs.

Or Kraden. His power could be running up to the opponents and prattling on about Alchemy, either boring them so much that they fall asleep or making them so frustrated that they get sent flying just to get away.

But I should probably stop chatting about Golden Sun before this thread becomes a discussion about which Proxian tag team is better (HINT: It ain't Agatio and Karst 😁 ).

In case anyone doesn't have any Christmas plans, here be my final video of the year, also wrapping up the asexual relationships series:

Spoiler

Archived