Slice of Ace YouTube channel discussion

Slice of Ace

4 minutes ago, NYK said:

Yep, I was aware of him. Yeah, I think he is (although I can't find him stating his romantic orientation explicitly), but his channel seems to be just a 'general' YouTube channel. Mine's going to be focussed solely on gay/ace stuff, so I'm confident that it'll be different enough 😄 Thanks for letting me know though! 👍

No worries! Good luck with it all, let us know when it all gets set up!

Channel picture update: 

Spoiler

Logo_zps8n55rcep.png

I made the rainbow less garish, and put a black shadow on the text so it stood out better 

• 2 weeks later...

It's really cool that you're making a YouTube channel, there can never be enough ace creators!!

I really like the logo! Keep us updated so that I can subscribe!! 

Celyn: The Lutening

Sounds gay/ace, I'm in!

Slice of Ace

I'm actually working on it now 😄 I should be able to post the first video this weekend 👍 

19 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

I'm actually working on it now 😄 I should be able to post the first video this weekend 👍 

!!! That's awesome! Can't wait! 😄

Congrats! Keep us posted so we can smash that subscribe button! :)

Slice of Ace

Okay, now I'm kind of terrified 😨 My YouTube channel is up, with the first video. I hope it's not too bad 😂 I'm not very confident in front of my terrible-quality camera. Anyway, the link's in my signature, and I'll drop the first video here:

Spoiler

Well done! Definitely something that needs to be out there to increase visibility :) Your editing, logo, sound etc is really good!

Liked and subbed, keep it up 🎂

Slice of Ace
10 minutes ago, Celyn said:

Well done! Definitely something that needs to be out there to increase visibility :) Your editing, logo, sound etc is really good!

Liked and subbed, keep it up 🎂

Thanks a bunch! 😊 I'll try and get better at the talking side of it as well. At the moment, I just ramble in front of the camera for a bit 😝

25 minutes ago, Slice of Ace said:

At the moment, I just ramble in front of the camera for a bit 😝

I think your rambly bits were the best bits, actually.

Still early days but I hope it gets loads of views and likes - come on, people!

Slice of Ace
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, Celyn said:

I think your rambly bits were the best bits, actually.

Still early days but I hope it gets loads of views and likes - come on, people!

Haha, you'll like my next video then. Lots of rambling in that one 😝 

Thanks for the support! I hope so too, if it means I can help more people through the channel 😄

To Each Their Own

Hey there. Thanks for posting your link in your signature! It makes finding your channel much easier. I did watch both of your videos and thought they were good. Keep uploading and I’ll keep watching.

I've just watched too. I love the speed of your delivery and also the clarity of your speech. An entire cake shop of goodies to you, I think. 

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Yes! I've missed Pieces of Ace since the podcasts stopped and this is just the right thing to keep us in view. You're a very good presenter indeed! Keep it up!

Slice of Ace

Haha, thanks everyone! You're all too nice 😊

Does no one have any criticisms though? It would help me improve if I knew what you didn't like 😊

Sorry I'm a bit late to this! I thought it was great! I'm so excited to see what you do with the channel. I guess if you want a critique, I would say to try to set up a nice background. Still, a lot of Youtubers don't develop a background until they've posted quite a few videos, so it's really not a huge deal. Otherwise, great video!!!

Slice of Ace
4 minutes ago, Here&Queer said:

Sorry I'm a bit late to this! I thought it was great! I'm so excited to see what you do with the channel. I guess if you want a critique, I would say to try to set up a nice background. Still, a lot of Youtubers don't develop a background until they've posted quite a few videos, so it's really not a huge deal. Otherwise, great video!!!

Thanks! Yeah, my sofa isn't the greatest backdrop, is it? 😂 I'm hopefully going to be moving soon, so I should be able to get a better set up and backdrop then 😊

I just watched your first video and it’s great! Good explanation of asexuality. My only suggestion is maybe change the music? Also introduce us to your cat

11 minutes ago, Ivy4 said:

Also introduce us to your cat

CAAAAAAAT

Also, second the background thing. Something colourful to make it cheery, but not so colourful that it distracts from you :)

I plan on sharing your channel on our social media soon! : ) 

Gentle Giant

@Slice of Ace Your video is very good! I do have some suggestions. I am hearing impaired and it would help to not have background music playing when you are speaking, to make it easier to hear. Another thing that would help, could you put in subtitles?

Slice of Ace
13 hours ago, Ivy4 said:

Also introduce us to your cat

Haha, he's introducing himself in a later video 🐱 I've recorded the first three already, just so I can stay on top of things

13 hours ago, Ivy4 said:

My only suggestion is maybe change the music?

Is there anything in particular you dislike about the music? Is it too distracting, or just not to your tastes?

7 hours ago, Gentle Giant said:

I am hearing impaired and it would help to not have background music playing when you are speaking, to make it easier to hear. Another thing that would help, could you put in subtitles?

I'll definitely put in subtitles. I'll get on that today, thanks for reminding me 😊 Would it suffice to simply decrease the volume of the music? I'm used to having music in the background of everything, so it sounds really bare without. I'll remove it completely if it's too much of a problem though 😊

Gentle Giant

The subtitles help so much! Thanks for doing that! It will help others with hearing problems too. As for the music, if it helps you to have it there, keep it. You can just lower the volume. It’s just a matter of making sure it isn’t overpowering what you are saying. Oh and something I forgot to mention is that your voice seems like it’s not quite in sync with your lips. Don’t know what causes that and what to do to correct it. Lip reading is another thing that helps me. Thanks again for the subtitles!

I’m looking forward to meeting your cat too!

Slice of Ace
8 minutes ago, Gentle Giant said:

The subtitles help so much! Thanks for doing that! It will help others with hearing problems too. As for the music, if it helps you to have it there, keep it. You can just lower the volume. It’s just a matter of making sure it isn’t overpowering what you are saying. Oh and something I forgot to mention is that your voice seems like it’s not quite in sync with your lips. Don’t know what causes that and what to do to correct it. Lip reading is another thing that helps me. Thanks again for the subtitles!

I’m looking forward to meeting your cat too!

No problem 👍 I want to make my content accessible to as many people as possible, so suggestions like that are really helpful!

About the lip sync, I think it's the camera. I just used my webcam for videos I've done so far, and it's not the best quality. The audio's being recorded with a decent microphone, so there's probably just some lag in the video that puts it off slightly. That's why the frame rate is awful as well 😝 I've found my camera though, so I'm looking to see if that's a better option. If not, I'm going to pick up a video camera especially for it 😊

I said this on YouTube in the comments but if you want to do an episode on long term Ace relationships I've been with my boyfriend for 10 years and would be very happy to offer any insight you might like. Keep up the great work! As an aside, I really like the background music 😉

I'm dropping the next video tomorrow morning. I've just got to put in the subtitles before it goes live 😊

It may seem like I've completed ignored your criticisms and suggestions, but that's just because I recorded the first three videos before releasing the first 😝 I've found a better place to film (for a background), and am going to be using my camera for future videos. These changes will go into effect next weekend, for one of the videos. I think I'll do a short bonus one for the start of Ace Awareness Week, so that'll be my test run for the camera and background 

Archived